“Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 164 Hotels in Hannover
Stockholm, Sweden
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

An okay hotel. It's small and on a small street so make sure you have the adress when you arrive, the taxis do not know the hotel so more or less all taxis needed the adress. Clean room, safetybox and breakfast if you pay for it (which was okay as well). Walking distance to the city, 15-20min.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Well, you get what you pay for. Basic room. Clean. Noisy street. Extra charge for wi-fi and breakfast. Location not great- but we were able to walk to a restaurant. Next time I will look for another place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Palma de Mallorca, Islas Baleares, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Ok, the stay was cheap and the breakfast was included but the whole place was "old" or "old-fashioned", it didn't have elevators and there was an unpleasant all over.
On the other hand the staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was going to see Bruce Springsteen at the AWD arena in Hanover on the 28th.

Normally I'd would have stayed with my wifes Aunt & Uncle who lives in Hanover, but they were away on holiday, so I had to find somewhere else.

I looked in Expedia, and all the hotels in Hanover were full, really expensive or miles out of the city.

Except for this hotel, which after doing a bit of research, looked ideal for my one night stay. About the 1/3 of the price of all the chain hotels, but with good reviews.

I got there at 13:00 and given my key, plus explanation of how to get back in late at night, as reception would be closed when I got back.

10hrs WiFi was free of charge, so perfect for me.

My room was immaculately clean, as was the bathroom. New flat screen TV in the room, plus a safe to store my valuables.

The U bahn (Werdestasser), is 2 mins walk from the hotel, then it is only one stop to Hannover main station, and then jump across the platform for the U bahn for the Arena. Perfect!!!!

Got back after the concert, shut the blinds and fell fast asleep, I was woken by a police siren, but nothing else until 07:30 when I could hear a shower in another room. But I fell back to sleep and missed breakfast! So the place is very quiet, despite being located near a tyre fitting depot.

Would I stay there again, yes, no problem.

Hopefully I wouldn't miss breakfast next time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bedfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

Unassuming but most welcoming.
Very personal service from staff devoted to guest.
Room due for refurbishment, I beleive, but more than adequate..
A sort ride on the S Bahn, station very near.
Good restaurants nearby for evening meal.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

I stayed at the Haus Sparkuhl Hotel Garni with 15 of my friends. The rooms were extremely clean, the breakfast buffet was delicious and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Not located in the heart of the city but very near a subway two stops from the city center. Internet was available for our use for a small charge. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Haus Sparkuhl Hotel Garni? Share your experiences!