Lower Saxony State Museum (Niedersachsisches Landesmuseum)
Willy-Brandt-Allee 5 | near the Maschpark, 30169 Hannover, Lower Saxony, Germany (Südstadt)
0511/9807-686
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 30 Attractions in Hannover
Type: History Museums, Museums
Dresden, Germany
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I speak & read limited German & my husband none at all. We very disappointed that tourist attraction such as this had no English written information. Nor did the staff speak any more then 'a few words'. I notice someone mentioned an audio guide, however, we were not made aware of this, nor did we see any notice of this.

Visited November 2013

Moscow, Russia
8 attraction reviews
“Interesting Museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very interesting museum. A lot of nice items about Hannover and Low Land (Niedersachsen) history. I spent there anout 3 hoyrs with great pleasure

Visited October 2012
London
6 attraction reviews
“Great Museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Having seen the average reviews on here I wasn't that inclined to visit this museum. But having just visited the Rathaus it was raining so we popped in. The museum is great! There is no English interpretation so if you don't speak German you should get the audio guide from the shop. The audio guide made the experience! We only managed to do the natural history, archaeology and the vivarium (aquarium with lizards and frogs thrown in, not literally - they have dry cages!). I would really recommend this musuem if you have a spare couple of hours. The cafe also did a really nice lunch.

Visited May 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
7 attraction reviews
“Fairly good but nothing special!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Have the exhibits a general museum needs but really nothing to shout about. I personally think it is not something tourist would prefer to visit unless they include a section in he museum exhibiting the history of the city.

Fortunately I did not have to pay for the entrance as it is free on Fridays after 2pm.

Visited December 2012
Sentosa Island, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
“Great museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have been to this museum 4 times in 3 years. The art gallery upstairs is great! I can spend hours in there. Really really nice paintings. Also, they have a nice, albeit small collection of fishes and reptiles, which was good to walk around. However my favourite, besides the really good display of stuffed animals, human evolution etc, is this video they run at the "cultural" section. It's in the video room and they follow the life of a noodle seller in Thailand - his daily life and the struggles and accomplishments and his experiences and take of life. That is the reason why I keep going to the museum.

Visited January 2012

Travelers who viewed Lower Saxony State Museum (Niedersachsisches Landesmuseum) also viewed

Hannover, Lower Saxony

Been to Lower Saxony State Museum (Niedersachsisches Landesmuseum)? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lower Saxony State Museum (Niedersachsisches Landesmuseum), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.