“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Hannover Atrium

You added Wyndham Hannover Atrium to your Saves list
Wyndham Hannover Atrium
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karl-Wiechert-Allee 68, 30625 Hannover, Lower Saxony, Germany   |
Ranked #45 of 163 Hotels in Hannover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rugby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel whilst in Hanover on business. My experience is no more than average, with some aspects under par for what I expected of this hotel chain.

Location: the hotel is not central to Hanover and it is a bit of a task to get into the city centre in the evenings unless you go by taxi. Being as you have to take a combination of bus and tram. The area the hotel is in doesn't have much going for it. There are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity, unless you fancy a Subway sandwich which is located next door. My colleague's room faced the autobahn and it was quite noisy.

Arrival and check-in: Upon arrival reception had no record of my booking - admittedly it was booked through my company's travel booking service and there had been a problem. Nevertheless the start to this stay did not go as expected. I was eventually allocated a room on the sixth floor.

Room: the room was spacious but clearly looked tired and in need of some modernising. The carpet was satisfactory but I learned that the rooms opposite me had already had new laminate flooring laid down. I glimpsed this one morning when the room opposite was being cleaned and it did look much better. There was no air-conditioning in the rooms and this meant that the window had to be left open during the night, with the accompanying sounds of traffic and emergency service vehicles. Although there is a flat screen TV in the room it is very small and only one English Channel is available: BBC World News.

Bathroom: The bathroom also looked dated. There was a shower over the bath, but how anybody taller than 4ft could have possibly stood under the shower is beyond me. The top of the shower riser rail was level with my chest. I had to duck down to even attempt to shower. On top of that the hot water would vary from freezing cold to scalding hot within a few seconds. Not pleasant.

Room service: I ordered room service on a couple of occasions. This was speedy and efficient.

Housekeeping: The bed was made up with two singles pushed together. The duvet was a single duvet (not uncommon in Germany from my experience when the room is for a single occupant). However there was only one pillow. The pillow was no thicker than a tea bag and I had to fold it in half to gain some sort of comfort. I asked reception and housekeeping on three occasions for an extra pillow. Only after I left a note on the bed for the cleaner was my request met.

Restaurant: the food was good, but the service could have been with a bit more of a smile.

Check-out: my flight was not until late afternoon so on the evening prior to check-out I asked reception if I could have a late check-out of 2pm (normal is 12noon). This was not a problem and the receptionist made a note on the computer. Needless to say, at 11am the following day the cleaner knocked once on the door and came in (I was working in the room) to make the room up for the next guest. I explained that I had requested a late check-out and he went away. At 1pm the phone in the room rang, it was reception reminding me that it was my check-out day and that I should have checked out at noon. I explained once more about making the arrangements for a late check-out the previous night but was told there was nothing on the system. Nevertheless they let me keep the room until 2pm.

Summary: the bed was comfy, the food was OK, I got what I asked for (pillow and late check-out) eventually. The bathroom is poor and communication between staff could be better. All of these are simple things which should be expected to be right.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
andreasudfeld, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Hannover Atrium, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Your feedback is important for us to improve our quality and behavior to 100%.

We would be happy to welcome you again in hotel and to convince you about our real quality.

With warmest regards

Your Wyndham Team
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We checked into this hotel early - very early, 12 noon, but the room was ready and we were immediately made to feel welcome, the receptions staff being very friendly. Our room was a decent size and a good standard, but the carpet (room 304) was noticably stained in parts and my wife had noted that the carpets as you leave the lift were a little worn and not the cleanest - I have been reading past reviews of this hotel and like it that the management take note of comments made, but Isee that people have been mentioning the carpets for over a year now, should this not have been attended to by now? The above comments apart the room is good with a comfortable bed (Beds, as they are singles together) and has good amenities. Internet is charged at 7.50 Euros per night - cheaper than Ibis @ 9 Euros but I still think that this is a thing that should be free in this day and age - and while on the subject, the internet on the free connection in reception is not working, I was cheerfully informed by a member of staff, hmmm so I spend 7.50 after all?

Despite all the above, the hotel is still one I would use again if back in Hannover (sadly Unlikely for a long time) - though how anywhere can justify 19 Euros per person for breakfast is beyond me - what do you get for that sort of money? I didn't stay to find out, we can eat way cheaper elsewhere (even motorway services charge less, for more), and as my wife and I can only eat very little, not even a full single portion between us, the cost is out of all proportion.

Room Tip: Bring your own breakfast or eat out in the morning
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
andreasudfeld, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Hannover Atrium, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thanks for your honest review regarding your last stay in our hotel.

Since March 2013 we are renovating the hotel and are very proud to have a new lobby and restaurant.
We renovate our hotel step by step to reach the quality you expected from us and to make your next stay comfortable. Our suites and privilege rooms are
already finished and are equipped with new furniture and laminate floor. The other rooms will follow and soon we will have no
carpets in the rooms anymore.

We are happy that you had a good night in our hotel and dreamt of tiny sheeps while laying in our beds.

Unfortunately we have some internet problems at our public account, but our employees will always happy to assist you.
That gives us the chance to know you a little better 

We would be happy to welcome you and your wife again and show you the new and renovated hotel.

Kind regards

Derby, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed here for the weekend while going to Messe. When we arrived at the hotel it was in a real mess due to being referbished. The room was OK, the staff were not happy and did not smile, the bar was covered with a huge sheet. We asked if we could eat at the hotel and were sat in a tiny room with a 40 min wait before asked what we wanted. We ate at subway that night. Woke up at 0100 with the works down stairs. Dirty horrible old hotel

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
andreasudfeld, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Hannover Atrium, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
We are really sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay in our Mercure Hotel Atrium Hannover.

Since March we renovate our hotel step by step to reach the quality you expected from us and to make your next stay more comfortable. Since April we are happy to have a new renovated lobby and a new good looking restaurant. Right now we are renovating the next rooms and will be happy to finish them till the end of June.

That you had to wait 40 minutes to get restaurant service is definitely not our standard and we would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused.
We would be happy to serve you a big and tasty steak at your next visit instead of Subway cookies.

We hope that you will give us another chance and we are able to convince you from our service at your next visit to Hanover.

Poznan, Poland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Reservation for 2 persons made a week ahead, yet on the arrival:
- only one pillow
- no toilet paper
- only one set of towels (we were instructed to serach for spare (!) one in the room)
- no possibility to get through to the reception from the room
- no suprise gift as it was annonced on the reservation site
- drab and gloomy room
- minuscule bathroom

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

andreasudfeld, Leiter Front Office at Wyndham Hannover Atrium, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We are really sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay in our Mercure Hotel Atrium Hannover.

We would like to apologize that your room was not prepared for two adults. That is very unpleasant and we can assure you that this is not a standard in our house.
That you had problems in reaching the reception is very strange due to the fact that our front desk is staffed 24/7.

Your comments help us to check our services and offers continually and to uncover weaknesses in the sense of our target of satiesfied guests.

Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here in an apartment .The lights were not working. Maintenance is very poor. There are no electric plugs on working table and one has to kneel down under the table to plug your lap top or chargers. The amenities are strict minimum and the rooms smell bad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
andreasudfeld, Manager at Wyndham Hannover Atrium, responded to this review, January 22, 2013

We informed our technical employee to fix the lights right on the spot and will have a conversation with our technical manager about this issue.
Since 2011 we renovate our hotel step by step to reach the quality you expected from us and to make your next stay comfortable. Our suites and privilege rooms are
already finished and are equipped with new furniture and laminate floor.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here on the way from Denmark to Bavaria. We found the hotel easily and liked the easy, free, but tight parking.

The room was better than I expected, except there was no air conditioning. Opening the windows worked OK. I had brought along a small battery powered fan and that helped out. Loved (and stole) the sign asking us to return to nature any bugs that wandered into the room. (Sorry for the theft, it's going in the scrapbook!)

The staff at reception were helpful. The computer available in the lobby for guests came in handy for checking email quickly. We prebooked and paid for the hotel with Delta Miles and it seemed a very good value.

We had both dinner and breakfast in the outdoor area and enjoyed it quite a lot. Service was solid and the food was quite good. Loved the planters with beautiful flowers.

If we found ourselves in Hannover again, we were certainly look at staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
andreasudfeld, Manager at Wyndham Hannover Atrium, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear clkc86,

Thank you for posting your opinion of your stay in our hotel by TripAdvisor.

We are glad that you liked the room, the food and the service in our hotel.

We are looking forward to see you soon and prepare you a nice and comfortable stay again.

Been to Wyndham Hannover Atrium? Share your experiences!