This hotel is not in the centre of Hannover but it is easily reachable in a few minutes by car.
There is ample pay parking, also covered.
The covered car park is just a floor below a part of the open air parking, so there is no lift to the lobby.
The car park is shared with the adjacent Ibis hotel.
My room was decent size, quiet, air conditioned.
Air conditioning worked well even if the outside temperature was extraordinary high.
This hotel has the general ambiance and feel of 3+ stars, that is the general quality and level of service is about 3 stars but there are all the 4 star amenities.
Tripadvisor should allow the half stars: I am a bit embarrassed assigning 4 stars as with many higher class hotels, but I also cannot give 3 stars only, especially considering the difficulty of finding a good hotel in Hannover.
I originally had reserved another (more expensive and central) hotel, but I left since the advertised air conditioning was missing.
I also went to a second higher class hotel, but the available rooms were very odd and without proper black out curtains.
So you can understand that the qualities of this Mercure must not be undervalued.
I was happy to have finally found a normal, clean and quiet hotel room with electronic safe, 26" flat TV, minibar etc.
The minibar had drinks and some snacks.
There was a kettle.
The TV had really lots of international channels (including the Italian rai1/2/3/news).
There was a armchair with ottoman, a large desk with its chair.
There was a large luggage stand and open space for hangers but no closed wardrobe.
The lighting was good.
The door did not have peephole nor safety latch.
I had a queen bed and it was comfortable, without unnecessary decorations.
The bathroom had a good sink with space for one's things, a tub with shower and glass screen.
The shower head was on the small side and the general condition of the tub/shower was not shining new.
The room service menu was sufficiently varied, service was quick and food good.
Breakfast in the restaurant was good enough:
Yoghurt: there was no packaged yoghurt (only bowls)
Fruits: there was pineapple and watermelon sliced in small pieces
Pastries: a couple of pastries and croissants
Internet was not free, I had some problems activating the service but did not insist, since I could use my MiFi.
- I am giving this hotel 4 tripadvisor stars in consideration of the great value
- Its qualities are higher than other more expensive hotels in Hannover that should be higher class
- Just don't expect a top 4 star international class hotel, which the Mercure is not expected to be and is not
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hannover Medical Park 3 star Superior hotel with 112 airconditioned rooms offers you a warm welcome. Quiet location, easy access to the A2, A7 and A37 highways, approximately 7 km from the centre of the city and the trade show centre. Hanover Adventure Zoo and Eilenriedewald forest are in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Six function rooms for up to 140 people, sauna, terrace area with an outdoor pool, restaurant and hotel bar complete the picture. Pay parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Mercure Hotel Hannover Medical Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.