“Large hotel at Hannover Airport - good for CeBIT Expo in Hannover” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover

You added Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover to your Saves list
Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Flughafenstrasse 5, 30669 Hannover, Lower Saxony, Germany   |
Ranked #22 of 163 Hotels in Hannover
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Large hotel at Hannover Airport - good for CeBIT Expo in Hannover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

I've just stayed at the Maritim hotel following a visit to CeBIT at the Hannover Messe and my feeback is positive. Check in efficient, no problem, room was a good size, bathroom good standard also. BBC World and CNN on tv..though hotel room states Sky News!? Large lobby, bar, two restaurants - one a la carte, one buffet restaurant. Impressed with quality of food and excellent service provided in the a la carte r/ant. This hotel is fine if you are staying for one or two nights on business in Hannover or connecting via Hannover or enroute through Germany. It's quite a way from the City Centre - 20/30mins drive, and the Hannover Messe - 30/40mins drive depending on volume of traffic. Airport terminal 2 min walk...maximum.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

Visiting the CEMAT exhibition the next day, I Booked this hotel in front of the airport to avoid a taxi travel at 11PM for any central hotel.
Price is rather expensive but as you dont take any taxi ( minimum 40€) it is economic.
Railsation in front direct to central station.

Single room rather large , very clean with a window on the airport and a door on hudge restaurant and bar side.

Absolutely no noise, amazing ? not even from side or upper level neighbour

Breakfast very expensive but I didnt try it.

Reception friendly.

I wiil use it again

• Liked — close to airport
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2007

We stayed at this hotel in April 2007 , during Hannover Messe fair . It was only because we started to think about hotel too late and didn't find any other accommodation during this event . But the reality was much better then our expectations.
1/ First I was warried it's noise. BUT THERE IS NO NOISE DAY OR NIGHT TIME. The rooms are absolutely quiet.
2/Location - it's not so bad. S-bahn station just 2 minutes by walk - at the airport building. Way to the city center is just 15 min. And you'll get to the Central Railway station. Also there are direct trains to the Messe if you need to visit Exhibition ground.
3/ The rooms are very spaciouse, with big wardrobe. In superior rooms you'll have bathrobe, slippers, tea/coffee set.
4/ Breakfast is excellent with hot dishes, fruites, salads.
5/ There is pool , sauna.
6/ If you need to change money or to charge the mobile phone, you may do it 24 hours at the airport, 2 mi by walk .
In brief, we was absolutely satisfied by our stay at this hotel. And in future we defenetely stay there again.

Stayed April 2007
Portishead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2006

I chose to stay at the Maritim Airport hotel as I was on a late flight into Hanover and didn't want to risk missing the last S-Bahn into the city. I paid €121 for one night on Maritim's own website for the room without breakfast, which is more than I would usually pay for a hotel, but then I was paying for the convenience of not having to travel into the city centre so near to the time of the last train.

The room was very spacious and tastfully decorated and furnished. The mini-bar was well stocked and there was an order card to have breakfast delivered to the room that you could hang on your door. Several TV channels were available, including all the ones you'd expect (all the main German channels, BBC World, CNN).

All in all it felt quite homely with a very glamorous atrium area around which the whole hotel is set. It seemed to be mainly businessmen staying there.

If you can't make it into the city, then it's a great place to stop for the night. But if you're arriving in the daytime or are in Hanover for more than one night, you can get a similar hotel for much better value in the city.

• Liked — The close proximity to the airport terminal - about 5 minutes walk
  • Disliked — The price
  • Tips/Secrets — Hundreds of satellite channels from around the world are available for about €12,50 a day on the TV in your room by going through the menu system.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2006

We stayed for one night and were very satisfied with our room which was spacious, well maintained and in excellent condition. Staff was very polite and helpful. Our flight to London next day was cancelled and they helped us to contact our London hotel to cancel our reservation there as well.

Breakfast cost EUR 16,-- and was excellent value for money. The range of food was wide and of good quality - and even the coffee we got was quite good (for a hotel).

We spend some time in the bar which offers an impressive list of malt whiskeys as well. This is an airport hotel and defintely not cozy. But any traveller who just wants to spend a night in a relaxed atmosphere will like this hotel.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2006

I stayed at the Maritim hotel overnight since I had a flight to catch in the morning. I was not really that impressed. The room I was in was very small and stuffy. I opened the window to get some fresh air but it hard to relax with all the airplane noise. However, it was nice to be close to the airport when I prepared to leave the next morning.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2004

We stayed at the Maritim last November and it was fabulous.

I was traveling with my wife, 2 kids and my mother and we had a fantastic 2 days at the Maritim.

1) Room -- 5 stars -- we stayed in a "Family Room" which is probably the largest hotel room I have ever been inside. The beds were comfortable and the room was well set up.
2) Food -- 4 stars -- The room service menu is sort of lacking, but the main dining room is just plain fantastic. Breakfast was anything you could think of and included in the price.
3) Location -- 4 stars -- Directly across the street from the Hannover Airport, but we did not notice and real jet noise. Not alot to do outside the hotel due to it's closeness to the airport, but if you are looking for a place to rest your head before a flight this is just the place.
4) Amenities -- 5 stars -- They have so much to do which is all included in the price. Indoor Pool, Play Area for the kids (with babysitter during specific hours) Workout room and spa area. Massages are available but I did not get one.
5) Staff -- 5 stars -- Very friendly and very nice to a weary traveler. We asked for two inter-connecting rooms and they suggested we take the "Family Room" instead. Which suprised me because the two room were more money. The front desk personnel ensured me that the Family room would be better and they were 100% right. Huge room with separate bedrooms. They even rolled up a crib for my 1 year old. Great service all around.

All in all I would say it was a fantastic hotel and the friendliness of the staff make it a hotel I would go back to in a second.

Been to Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover? Share your experiences!