“Comfortable stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Europe
“Comfortable stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel Drei Lilien is located on the first floor of an old building next to City hotel Wiesbaden, close to the shopping heart of Wiesbaden en the Casino. The hotel has a agreement with a public car park close to the casino (a eight minute walk away). We experienced a friendly welcome at reception and a good service during the booking process. The modern decorated room was small but with a comfortable bed and a small bathroom (shower only). The photo’s on the Tripadvisor website are quite different than what our room looked. Breakfast is served at your table (no buffet) and consisted of bread, meat, cheese and a cooked egg. No fresh juice. Internet is free. Price of one night (124 euro incl. breakfast) is rather high for the size of the room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have just returned from a weekend in Wiesbaden where I attended a concert in the sumptuous Friedrich von Thiersch Saal inside the Kurhaus - just a few minutes walk away from Hotel Drei Lilien. This is a charming small hotel run by a couple who put their heart and soul into making their visitors feel welcome and cared for. I have stayed at 8 different small hotels in Wiesbaden in recent years and this is the one I shall be returning to next time I visit. The hotel has a lot of character, many attractive and original features, and my single room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The breakfast is served in an attractive small dining room with a patio extension and the food and beverages are brought to your table. Portions are generous and everything is beautifully presented. A nice personal touch and a refreshing change from the usual "there it is, help yourselves" formula. This kind and attentive couple really go the extra mile and provide exceptional service. It seemed that nothing was too much trouble for them. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: As I understand it, some of the rooms at Drei Lilien have period furniture but not all. Personally...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
GE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Drei Lilien for one night to attend an event at the Kurhaus. I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel was clean and in an excellent location. My room was small, as expected, with a single twin bed, flat panel TV, shower, and free internet. The theater is located just a short walk across the street. I was able to park my car for a discounted price in the Kurhaus Casino Parking Garage. Vapiano's restaurant is only a one minute walk from the hotel. Breakfast was included in the price of the hotel and consisted of assorted breads, cheese, cold cuts, coffee, tea, juice, fresh fruit, and eggs.

Room Tip: My mattress was very firm. If you don't desire a firm mattress, I would inquire about the mattr...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

My where to start... I did not think Trip Advisor mis sold hotels ! this is a case of serious misreprentation, the photos are lovely and we booked expecting a boutique hotel with lovely antique furniture , what we got was a hotel with tiny rooms and basic accomodation. The parking which you pay for is not secure and is in fact 10 minutes away and in a car park. The person who we complained to told us that their marketing manager had misrepresented the hotel as a boutique hotel and that they did have rooms that were shown in the pictures and we should have asked for special requirements. this was not mentioned on the website and gave the impression that all rooms were like this.Well we shall see if the website changes.After complaining the lady was very accomodating toward us and she also was good enough to reduce the bill as we were unhappy , however , in the morning a second person then proceeded to argure about the amount to pay . If you are looking for a quaint German Traditional Town DO NOT GO HERE , if you are looking for a boutique hotel again look elsewhere . I have never written a review but I was so disappointed I wanted to share this.

Room Tip: Ask for the room in the photo
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Hotel was recently purchased by a young lady named Isabel- she was a wonderful host and very professional as a hotel owner- she helped with directions around town, restauarant recommendations. I needed to get medical attention and Isabel referred me to a sport orthepedic for an injury that I experienced after the Ironmen 70.3 Triathlon in Weisbaden.

The breakfast is excellent- on the Triathlon race day she was up at 5am to prepare breakfast for me and other triathletes that were staying at the hotel.

We wish Isabel great success in her new venture

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Drei Lilien? Share your experiences!