“Nice hotel, good rooms' standard” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Warsaw, Poland
“Nice hotel, good rooms' standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have been staying in WI in many hotels (business reasons) but this is my favourite one. The standard of the rooms is good, beds are big and comfortable, lots of pillows. Each room has ironing facilities which is really convenient when you travel for business reasons. The hotel offers free water every day.
Bathrooms are really small though.
Gym has old equipment, the running track is a bit creepy, but if you want to some training, you can do it. Swimming pool is small, so I did not try it.
The location is good, if you dont want to pay the parking fee, you can always park on a nearby Rheinstrasse which is never really a problem. The main market place and shopping street are 10 mins walking away.

Room Tip: try to get a room not facing Luisenstrasse bc it is noisy due to buses driving around.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Crowne Plaza W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Wiesbaden, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hello AMK2522,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about your recent experience with our hotel.
We are very proud that we are your favourite choice in Wiesbaden.

If you are coming back to Wiesbaden between November 27th and December 23rd, don’t miss the famous Christmas Market. It is just 200m from the hotel on the market place. They offer delicious hot beverages, arts&crafts and regional specialities.

kind regards
Katrin
Social Media Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
muscat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Well, it seems the renovations of the property are completed and the hotel is now up-to-date and refreshed and modern.
I have stayed at this hotel many times, mostly on business (where I am booked in y commpanies travel department and have no say in the matter), but also privately.
Even though there are a lot of hotles in Wiesbaden, some chaper and some more expensive,my first port of call is the CP.
The location is excellent. A 10 minute walk from the train station (5 minutes per taxi, but you might cop some abuse from the taxi driver, because it is such a short ride). The shopping area, Government buildings etc are only a few steps away.
Wednesday and Saturday mornings there is an excellent "Farmer's Market" in the square, a 4-minute walk away. Not to be missed, but go before noon.

Staff at the hotel is friendl and knowledgable, and many have been with the hotle for years and I always see a familiar face.
The rooms have been updated and modernized. They are not large, but are very comfortable. The bathrooms are small, but are well designed, are stocked with a good selectio of nice quality toiletries. The shower pressure is superb. The only negative thing is that they have shower curtains and not solid sreens.

The restaurant serves nice, well prepared food. At the moment here seems to be a steak theme happening. You can eat in the restaurant proper or also in the bar area.
I asked for a "Wiener Schnitzel" which was not on the menu, but the kitchen made me one anyway. They did a decent job for a German restaurant.
The bar has benn modernized and the "mixologist" makes some sensational concoctions.
The man clearly enjoys his job and you can trust him to suggest something. Whilst unusual creations seem to be his forte, he of course also can do a killer traditional Martini cocktail.
There is also a nice wine selection available.

If I had to critisize one thing about the hotel, it would be that one has to pay for internet access.
No matter how much or little is charged for this, in this day and age it is akin to charging extra for hot water or to watch TV.

Overall, I had another very nice stay at the Crowne Plaza and I will be back on my next visit to Wiesbaden.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Crowne Plaza W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Wiesbaden, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear gerhard1965,

thank you very much for writing such a positive review about our hotel. We are very proud of our newly refurbished product and are happy to hear that our regular customers can see and appreciate the changes as well.
In regards to the Internet connection we offer at the hotel, we do provide a free Internet access option which is at a basic speed level. High Speed will be for a fee, which is in line with what other hotels in this area offer as well.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future so you can enjoy our freshly decorated rooms and of course the cocktail creations of our bar tender in our lili bar.

Hanna
Burnaby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'm glad I spent points on this property. If you can't put it as a business expense or not spend "real" money on this property, I wouldn't bother.

Impeccably clean room in an otherwise average 4 star property. Nothing really to do in Wiesbaden; I would suggest a hotel closer to Frankfurt proper or even Mainz than out here in this suburb. 30-40 minute train to FRA means a slow (but cheap at 4.10 EUR) overnight hotel for catching a flight.

Slowest internet I have ever seen. You can pay to up the speed though.

They did include a free sparking water, cookies, tea, and coffee in the room which was nice; I couldn't find the ice maker for the life of me though.

Room Tip: I'm sure they are all good because my low level room was extremely clean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Crowne Plaza W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Wiesbaden, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Jim,

Thank you very much for providing us with details about your stay. Only with your consistent feedback we can improve our service.
We are glad that you were satisfied with the cleanliness in your room. Also thank you very much for your compliment about the complimentary treatments in your room. If you need some ice during your stay, our room service department would be glad to provide you with it the next time. Otherwise we have an ice machine on the 4th floor in front of the elevators.
We are very sorry that you felt the internet connection was too slow, we already took action regarding this and have improved the speed of our complimentary Internet service. As you mentioned, we also do provide a High Speed option for a fee.
We really hope that you give us and Wiesbaden a second chance and looking forward to welcome you back in our hotel again.

Best regards,
Irene
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

1) I specifically paid 25 Euros extra for a non-smoking room reservation --- and specifically got placed on a smoking floor.
2) This was the worst fitness room of any business hotel I've ever seen. All the cardio machines were at least 20 years old --- and did nothing.
3) Unbelievably slow Internet connectivity. So bad that I had to measure it to see for myself. With a full 4 bars WiFi on my laptop, I was only getting --- 0.06 Mbps. Snails could carry traffic faster than that.

Totally not functional as a business hotel. Hard to imagine that my visit just happened to surface 3 unacceptable faults. More likely --- the problems here are symptomatic of the poorest hotel management and poorest oversight.

The location is great : minutes by foot to the old city center. And Wiesbaden is one of my absolute favorite cities in Germany. But this was one of worst hotel experiences ever.

Never again. You should avoid this hotel, until recent reviews show marked improvement.

Room Tip: For a good room --- stay in a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

first of all we would like to thank you very much for your comment. We really appreciate your feedback which gives us the chance to improve our performance.
We are very sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations. Regarding the internet connection, we would like to tell you that we already took action regarding this and have improved the speed of our complimentary Internet service and provide a High Speed option for a fee as well. However we would be very glad if you give us the chance to talk to you directly to find out more details about your stay. We would really appreciate it if you contact us directly via email sales.wiesbaden@ihg.com to speak about your stay.
We are really looking forward to speaking to you and hope that you give us a second chance.

Regards,
Irene
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is one of our favourite hotels, we have stayed there many times over the last 20 or 30 years. The hotel has always provided excellent accommodation near the centre of Wiesbaden. On our recent visit we found that the hotel had been refurbished, our room was excellent, clean comfortable and well equipped. Unfortunately however the room and other prices have been increased disproportionately. For example, parking now costs 18 Euros a night. The restaurant always was expensive for dinner and this continues. However breakfast is good value as there is an excellent selection and the same friendly and helpful lady chef still cooks eggs to order. We used to enjoy a cocktail in the cocktail lounge but this has been replaced by an extension of the restaurant and the pool which we have only occasionally used seems to have been made smaller than we recall, and is now really too small and claustrophobic for us to enjoy swimming there. Finally we found the reception staff to be not as friendly and welcoming as in the past. We will stay at this excellent hotel again but are really disappointed by some of the recent changes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Crowne Plaza W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Wiesbaden, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Christine_Roger,
thank you for your loyalty and positive feedback about our hotel. We are happy that we are your first choice when it comes to stays in Wiesbaden. As you saw, we refurbished our hotel in 2011 and offer a new and fresh product.
The room price depends on several factors, not only our great product but also how busy the season is. Your stay was in a time period where we had a big fair in Frankfurt and all hotels were sold out, therefore the prices were high. Parking is still at a very competitive price for such a central location in town.
We are happy to hear that you enjoy our breakfast buffet and would like to suggest to you that on your next stay you try a cocktail in our Lili Bar, as we have a world champion in flair tending mixing great cocktails there.
We are looking forward to have our pool area refurbished in the near future as well, however we have made no changes to the size of our pool.
Thank you as well for your feedback of our staff at reception. We certainly value your opinion and want you to feel as comfortable as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Hanna, Social Media Team
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Hi All,

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Wiesbaden and I was really impressed. The room were large and airy, beautifully furnished with welcoming colours. I love new and fresh. The breakfast buffet was very good and the bar and restaurant meals had a good choice with friendly and efficient service. The barman won the competition of being best Bar Tender in Europe and he certainly was happy to impress the guests with his skills.

I would not hestitate to recommend this Hotel to anyone travelling to or near Frankfurt.

NRM

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear NRM001,
thank you for taking the time and writing such a positive review of our hotel. Since the hotel is newly refurbished we are very happy that you like the new design of our rooms. Our breakfast buffet has a great selection with good value and of course we are very proud to have the world champion in flair tending working at our bar, not only mixing great cocktails but also entertaining our guests.
We hope to welcome you back at our hotel.
Hanna, Social Media Team
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I planned to give this Hotel a better rating since my last review and stay, but had to actually downgrade the rating.
The Room I had (Rm 313) mattress was hollow on the right hand side, but the left hand side was fine. The Wi-Fi did not work on the day of my arrival (20/09/2012) and very slow to non-existent the next day. I gave up. The mini-safe in the room did not work and would not lock. The Aircon was working, but you could barely feel it even if the highest speed was selected.
Two Guys cleaning the Carpet outside in the corridor made such a noise that I had to call reception to quiet them down. I ordered room service and was told that because my order was below 20 Euro, I had to pay an additional 5 Euro. After a long fight this was reversed.
The things I liked was the neatness and cleanliness of the rooms. The linen are high quality.The English channels on the TV was also a plus. I liked the little touches like the pillow spray and aromatherapy oils provided. The Breakfast is excellent value for money. The reception staff are always friendly and polite.
This Hotel can do with a better rating and deserves a Five Star rating, but until they fix the problems I experienced, a two star will have to do.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Crowne Plaza W, Revenue Manager at Crowne Plaza Wiesbaden, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Hello Hannes D,
As a very regular guest to our hotel, we are very thankful that you provide us with consistent feedback to give us the chance to improve.
We are very happy that you rewarded our efforts in further improving our breakfast buffet, that changed your opinion from average two star breakfast to excellent value for money paid.
We also expect that now as we changed the presentation of our free water, you are able to take advantage of our complimentary refreshment. We already checked the room of your last stay and scheduled works to resolve the points you mentioned in your review. We changed cleaning procedures and schedules to postpone more intense work into the afternoon hours.
We are very delighted that you pointed out the great advantages of our Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage program with the high quality sheets and the aromatherapy set. This program also features a guaranteed wake up call and a quiet zone on the 3rd floor.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in Wiesbaden very soon.
best regards
Katrin
Social Media Team

Been to Crowne Plaza Wiesbaden? Share your experiences!