“Very good and well priced” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Very good and well priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Portions were huge and price was good. Less than 40 euro for 3 beers, 2 entrees and desert. Service was okay, but not over the top. Would recommend for a true German dining experience.

Vancouver, Canada
“Service poor food good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

In Deutschland you need to get used to the poor service and sometimes attitudes. We were there with another couple and the service was poor even by German standards. It is too bad, as the food was good and plentiful. Not easy to find.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Service without a smile”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

If you ever find yourself in the center of beautiful Wiesbaden, Germany and happen upon this restaurant, I would highly recommend you keep going. I was very disappointed with most every thing about this place. I was with a larger group of seven people attending the local wine festival when we decided to give the place a try at around 7:30pm local time. The restaurant was not busy at all and after waiting for almost ten minutes we were finally seated in the back of the basement near the kitchen - there were several un-reserved tables outside and in nicer parts of the restaurant which could have easily accomodated our party that they refused to seat us at (even with 3 german speakers in our group). The main disappointment was our waiter, he was rude and got most everything wrong, from the drink order to the meal order. Most of the food was not bad, but not exceptional either. The bratwurst plate was good. The Jager Schnitzel was average. Avoid the greek "gyro", there is nothing greek or "gyro" about it, it is bland sauteed chicken with some taco seasoning sprinked on top. When we brought this up to the waiter, his reply was "Well, we are not in Greece", then he quickly disappeared, not to be seen for another 30 minutes.
I am sure this restaurant has more to offer, but it was not apparent that evening. While I don't like to base a review exclusively on one element of the operation, everything about this venue combined to make the dining experience very poor. With so many other great dining options in Wiesbaden, I recommend not wasting time with places like this.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ampthill, United Kingdom
“Best steak in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have been dining in this restaurant for over 4 years and can say the steak is excellent for Germany. Very tender allways cooked perfectly and comes with a very nice salad. Highly recommend the fried potatoes to accompany the steak.

Also recommend the schnitzels, they are huge and again very tastey.

Prices are excellent for the qaulity of meat. The service is also always very good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood, Colorado
“Tasty Food, Spotty Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I went to Backerburnnen while in Wiesbaden on a business trip. I selected it using TripAdvisor recommendations based mainly on the desire to find some good "local" food.

The selection was partially successful. The location is great in a nice little plaza, it had ample outdoor seating, both covered and uncovered. I was able to sit in outside and the staff was quick to take my order.

I had the Art Wiener Schnitzel with pommes frites and salad. It must have been an off night for the staff, as they were really busy. First the brought me an appetizer that should have been for a different table, and then I was delivered my entrée. Asking about the salad, they had forgotten it. They offered to bring it later but, seeing the portion size of the entrée, I decided to pass on the salad. The Schnitzel was very good, cooked to perfection and well seasoned.

Bottom line, it was crazy hot, and busy, when I went there and I think I just caught them on an off night. I will definitely give them a second chance the next time I am in Wiesbaden.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere