“Festive & friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
northern England
“Festive & friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We visited this within 15 mins of arriving from our coach ready for the Christmas markets, having read a lot about the " Ruedesheim coffee". We were the early customers & the waiter was lovely, made us feel welcome & answered our many questions about the restaurant, of course I had the coffee & can honestly say that it was as good ( & more) as the reviews & my expectations, certainly warmed you up ready for the shopping, :) Infact it was so good we returned later in the day, managed to get a table & had a late lunch there which was also good - pickled beef, red cabbage & dumplings, the dumplings were different to what I had imagined, I had imagined the texture to be the same as the UK, Caribbean ones but were still OK, my daughter had the goose leg which just fell off the bone. :) Of course I had another coffee, (be rude not to have done) & my daughter had the black forest gateux, which was really yummy. If I go to Ruedesheim again I will visit without a doubt, & probably have 2 coffee's thoughout the day.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“3 Days of Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The only reason this resurtant received an excellent is because there is no outstanding. The wait staff makes you feel at home and the food is so good reminds me of my grandmothers. In fact we kept going back it was so good. When we visit again we will be dining here again. Thanks for the great memories.

Visited October 2012
London
“Pretty Restaurant on the main street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Restaurant where my husband and I ate on our last evening in Rüdesheim-am-Rhein. Great atmosphere, great food. See the restaurant lit up at night as many people just came to take photos. You had to get there early to get a table as popular.

Visited July 2012
Frankfurt, Germany
“Recomended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

wonderfull Place for any guest. The Food has his Own Taste. The Schweinshaxe is a muss here. Service and priceses are perfect as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Salt Lake, Utah
“Great local flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We ducked into Stadt Frankfurt on a rainy night during the Christmas Markets, wanting respite from the cold and a good meal. We certainly got both!

We were greeted at the door by a charming man who seated us in the cozy main dining room. Our server was a young woman who spoke excellent English and guided us through our choices for the evening. My choice was pork chops, saurcraut, and potatoes as I was looking for good local fare. The potatoes were quite possibly the creamiest and best I have ever enjoyed. The saurcraut was plentiful. My husband hand schnitzel and was happy as well. We shared a bottle of Seigfried Rhine Wine, very good and surprsingly inexpensive.

After sharing a dessert of a waffle and berries (very delicious) we decided to have the local speciality, Rudesheim Coffee. You must have it! Our server brought a tray of cups, coffee, Ausbach, sugar, and cream to our table and prepared the coffee while we watched in eager anticipation. The coffee is absolutely wonderful, especially on a cold and rainy evening.

It was clear by observation that this place is not only a favorite of tourists, but of locals as well. Several guests were greeted at the door with a hug, something I did not see often in Germany! The atmosphere was so warm and friendly, I can highly recommend it.

• Visited December 2011