“Good typical germal lical restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Romer Pils Brunnen

Romer Pils Brunnen
Tongesgasse 19, Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)
69 287712
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 1,849 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: German, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Innenstadt
“Good typical germal lical restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Despite their central position in a touristic district worth visiting. O not expect " haute cuisine", is a traditional german and " Frankfurter" cuisine, fresh, rich, also tasty, very good service( german- english- russian speaking), they explain their menu to those who has no idea of the local food. Good. Tasty fish dishes, authentic cuisine, good beverage list.
Recomended

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Budapest, Hungary
“Definetaly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I followed tripadvisor to get to this place. At first blink, it looked like just an avarage pub, but I was like 'tripadvisor reviews can't be wrong'. And I'm happy to choosed this place in the end! The service is very nice, the beers are great, the meals are HUGE and very tasty, and the prices are normal. I definetaly recommend this place!

• Visited June 2013
“Rather good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Excellent pils and doppelbock beers, traditional german food options along with some interesting non traditional ones too.

Aberdeen
“Very Good Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I visited this charming and cosy restaurant on a Sunday evening during a horrible rainstorm and it was just brilliant. I was only in Frankfurt a short time and this was my last night or I would most definitely have gone back to try some of the other dishes on the menu. It would have been lovely if the weather had been good to sit at one of the outside tables but not possible in the rain. The staff were welcoming and very helpful with the menu answering my mostly dumb questions about what exactly the various dishes were as this was my first visit to Germany. As I am not a sausage fan but really wanted to sample the local specialities I opted for one of the schnitzel main courses and it was absolutely delicious. The pork was succulent and the paprika sauce was plentiful and full of flavour which made me glad I had chosen mashed potato to accompany it. On this point I must say I think the menu specified a different kind of potato dish but the young lady who took my order had no problem accommodating my request. This was the whole attitude of the staff - nothing was a problem and they were so friendly, a total asset to the restaurant. I usually don't have room for dessert but just had to order some apfel strudel which was gorgeous. I had chosen this restaurant after reading great reviews of it on Tripadvisor and once again was not disappointed. I would thoroughly recommend this delightful place to anyone visiting Frankfurt.

• Visited May 2013
Novosibirsk, Russia
“Recommend to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very good place to taste typical German kitchen and beer. Friendly staff. Reasonable prices - dinner for four men cost 95 euros including beer.

• Visited May 2013