“I love this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Im Herzen Afrikas

Im Herzen Afrikas
Gutleutstrasse 13, 60329 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Bahnhofsviertel)
069 / 24 24 60 80
Neighborhood: Bahnhofsviertel
The Hague, The Netherlands
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Delicious healthy food at a great price and EXTREMELY sweet staff (a rarity in Germany). Tasted just like something a grandma would cook up in eastern Africa.... yummy!!! Love the decor and atmosphere! Reserve early.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Devon, United Kingdom
“Different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I love trying new food and I was excited at trying this restaurant based on the reviews.
I didn't book and tried at 610pm and was lucky there was a seat available but to accommodate my late booking I would have to leave at 7pm( I am a fast eater so I wasn't worried)
Within the next 10 minutes the restaurant was then fully booked. So its better to book beforehand.

Its quite dark inside with a hut like setting nestled on sand.
I went for Tzhada Kulwa - Lamb meat stew with onions, mildly seasoned. I wanted to go for the hot dish but my friendly server said I should have the lightly seasoned one and I would get hot pepper on the side.
The food was served promptly and was served with a thin flat traditional bread(injera).
The meat was tender and it was mildly seasoned. I tried the hot pepper but didn't like the taste.
The bread was also very nice. I initially thought that the meal will not be filling but I couldn't eat another drop after I finished.

I enjoyed the authentic African food but next time I would like to try the spicy dishes.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Solingen, Germany
“wonderful athmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I very much liked the place because it has sand on the floor and the interior is just nice. Try the self-brewed beer! Delicious!

Visited June 2013
State College
“A taste of the extraordinary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

First time with African food and I found the dishes and techniques to be wonderful. The atmosphere is very unique and be prepared for something different. The staff were all friendly and attentive. I would come back often!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Something different - 5*****”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We went there the first time for dinner and it was just great. The staff is very friendly, the food tastes good and this is something special, not the usual steak and burger you get everywhere. Really good and thumbs up!

Visited November 2012