“The Japanese experience in Frankfurt” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iwase

Iwase
Vilbeler Strasse 31, 60313 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)
069 / 28 39 92
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 1,722 restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Innenstadt
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“The Japanese experience in Frankfurt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have luck to have a friend with similar culinary concept. We had a Messe in Frankfurt and we planned dinners for this week very carefully and Iwaze was its highlight. I don't know if I can add something to my predecessors but I feel like I have to contribute. It was a wonderful experience.

When we came there on Friday to find that the small and cozy place was packed and tried to reserve a table the stuff was so warm and kind, that you should try that . It is unearth-like. I was never thrown on the street so kindly in my life… We were lucky enough to get a table on Monday.

We expected the food to be good but they have surpassed our expectations. We had a sashimi and sushi plates, tempura and udon soup and it was very good. Beside that the service is incredibly warm and nice.

It was a wonderful experience. We we’ll come back next year well reserve this place in advance.

For the food and some beers we paid 120 €.

I warmly recommend this place.

89% Recommend
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
“lost in Japan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was very lucky to find two places without booking at dinner time - I recommend to make a reservation because the place is very small. I am not very familiar with Japanese food and even less with German language ... So we have expected a ...surprising dinner :). Luckily for us a very nice waitress remembered to have a "photo menu". As the only thing I have recognized in the menu was a squid, I hastened to ask one. But unfortunately "not squid left".
So our choice was made only based on the color combinations and the waitress patience.
But, at the end everything was very very tasty, well presented and served.

Munich, Germany
“As good as always - must book to get in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Truly authentic japanese place! The food is of high quality, fresh and tasty. Every dish is prepared with love and mastery.
Try everything else, not just the sushi, although they are dead good!
Must book a table, the place is small and sought after.
Rightly so!

Berlin, Germany
“Give yourself a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We made a reservation in advance, which we highly recommend as the place is crowded during rush hour.
They had a small menu of which especially non-mainstream food is not in stock. The waiter seemed a little bit confused about our order and doubted our food choice, as we ordered dishes which seemed not to be ordered frequently. The service was polite.
We had 6 Makizushi with Nattō (soybeans fermented), 1/2 Osashimi, 6 tuna Makizushi, 2 Nigirizushi with eel and 6 gyōza. The food quality was excellent. We paid 50 Eur incl. nonalcoholic drinks.
The portion sizes were not too large, but we (two women) were satisfied. Big males will have to dig deeper into their pockets, however, in order to be sated.
The crowd consisted mainly of middle-age business people which seemed to come for the food.
If you are looking for a more traditional Japanese restaurant, we can recommend this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Small and Crowded Venue, but Awesome Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Since this restaurant only holds 20 people max, you might have to spend a few minutes waiting for a vacant table. The place is quite busy and crowded, but the food was served quickly and of great quality, the staff even spoke some English and provided us with great service. We'll totally come back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere