“Do not subject yourself to aggressive maltreatment!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Maaschanz

Maaschanz
Farberstrasse 75, 60594 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Sachsenhausen-Nord)
069 / 62 28 86
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
New York City, New York
“Do not subject yourself to aggressive maltreatment!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Beautiful summer evening was tainted by an unexpected unpleasant experience at this restaurant. There were 5 adult professionals in our party (including 2 doctors), and the owner (his name is Bruno) was not only unwelcoming but outward rude to us. We are good and patient clients, considering, unassuming, not rowdy and not demanding. So, no, we did not continuously send him away with various requests, nor did we bother him when the place got busy. We quietly sat at an outside table and discussed business, while Bruno was taking out on us what seemed like a bad day. The only reason we can think of for such mistreatment was that he knew we were foreigner tourists (Americans), as we spoke to him in English from the start. I personally traveled to 40 countries, including France twice (Paris), and had never seen people being this rude. I still do not believe in stereotypes, and I do not think that all Frenchmen are so ill-mannered. This gentleman is an exception, as should be his restaurant if it's on your list of travels. Avoid his restaurant and you'll avoid the bad taste in your mouth (pun intended, of course).

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Frankfurt
“Don't bother.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

When I entered the restaurant at first, I had a good impression because there was a big table of French people sitting there. However, when I looked at the menu, I was disappointed by the selection of dishes available. I am a slightly picky eater, but I do appreciate really good and high quality food. Because neither of the two main courses appealed to me, the waiter (who was a bit gruff) offered to turn an appetizer into a main course for me (which admittedly was a nice gesture). My appetizer was a salad that was exactly like the salads I make at home, which was a bit disappointed as I like to eat something different if I go out. It was definitely nothing to write home about. The main course was also a disappointment. Just a pan fried piece of fish some asparagus and potatoes. I could have had a much better meal at home. I have eaten in France numerous times and always had much better food than I did at this restaurant.

Frankfurt, Germany
“very tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

This restaurant is just elegant enough to feel perfect for special occasions, but not enough to be intimidating or make you feel underdressed. I went with my boyfriend on a Friday night and we really enjoyed ourselves.

First off, the service was great, very attentive and very professional. The waitress took our coats upon arrival and promptly produced them again when we got up to leave. Throughout the night she visited our table enough to make us feel looked after, but not so much that we felt hounded. The couple at the table next to us were clearly celebrating a special occasion because their table had been decorated with rose petals, which I thought was a nice touch.

And most importantly, the food was very good. The menu was not huge, but had enough tasty sounding options to make us struggle with our selections. In the end we were both very happy with our orders and will definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frankfurt
“Best french restaurant in town..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

Excellent food, i love the small winemenu. a fantastic view to frankfurts skyline.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“apparently excellent French cuisine especially the fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2007

apparently excellent French cuisine especially the fish