“Acceptable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Jaguar

You added Hotel Jaguar to your Saves list
Hotel Jaguar
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Theobald-Christ Strasse 19, 60316 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Ranked #249 of 265 Hotels in Frankfurt
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“Acceptable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I just arrived today to the Hotel. It's not a modern hotel. Room and services are clean. Hotel has lift and I could go to forth floor with my loggage. They put penalty for people who smoke in the room, for 100 euro, but I can smell Cigarett inside the room. I just went to buy a spray to make it better. I just stay one night. It'S acceptable for one night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Prague
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The worst „hotel“ I have ever been to. It was terribly dirty and the stuff can´t say a word in German or English. They may have done it on purpose!
The room – small, without a wardrobe, double bed – 140 cm long with vomits behind it! Bathroom lacking any heating – like on the North Pole – moreover, the heating was turned off anytime we came back here. The toilet was broken – there was water on the floor and it was noisy as well. On top of that, somebody tried to get into our room at night!
I strongly recommend anybody not to choose this terrible hotel!
After all, I had to visit a doctor with a suspicion of having scabies!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sasolburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This place was very great! The staff was friendly and even upgraded my room to a room where the wifi is included. The room was very small but it was more than what was needed. I just went on holiday from South Africa to Frankfurt. The bed was comfortable, the sheets was clean the bathroom was clean and neat. I was just going to be sleeping there and for that it was great. It is also close to a lot of sights and the neighbourhood was lovely and peaceful. I stayed a week and I would defiantly go again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Hotel Jaguar in Frankfurt has an excellent location in a side-street off the Zoo. It is close to undergraound and local suburban train services so is easily reached. It is 15 mins walk from the main shopping street.

I had a room in a biulding out the back of the main building on the first floor. The room was very basic, it had no windows just a roof opening which as it did not close properly was not particluarly good in wet weather. The common areas were partly dusty and I think the hotel is in need of serious renovation.

There are much better cheaper options in Frankfurt than this hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Gloucester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This hotel was moderately clean and quiet. Those are the good points. You cannot register before 3pm as the lobby is closed and the only contact with reception is by phone. My room resembled a small prison cell, the bathroom was shared through a lobby with no lights. The TV had no remote control and the picture was fuzzy and indistinct.

I had to stay here because someone had mistakenly arranged a meeting while the World Trade Fair was in progress and the Frankfurt hotel trade were at their most gouging. Rooms that normally cost around 65 euro were being quoted at 450 euro and that is no exageration. This flea pit cost 170 euros!

What lessons have I learnt? Don't come to Frankfurt when there is a trade show, or better still don't come to Frankfurt at all!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is the most horrendous place I have ever stayed in on this earth.

We went for a weekend away the end of June. We got to the hotel late on due to flights being delayed.

We were greeted outside by the receptionist and a gang of lads, not ideal for two girls.

The receptionist took us in and booked us in, downstairs looked ok, as we were only there for 2 nights we decided as long as it was clean we would be happy there as the location was brilliant.

We were told when checking in that we were not booked in for breakfast, and he tried to charge us another 38€ for the privilege of their true continental breakfast, when we showed him that we had actually paid for bed and breakfast he showed us a list and said we were only entitled to BREAD and TEA, no ham and no cheese!!!! WTF kind of continental breakfast is that please!

We said that was fine as we didn't like the attitude of the receptionist and we were tired. We finally understood that our key was in fact in the room we were staying in and the room was open - never in my life have I heard anything like this!

We got to our room which was in the attic of the dump. We got in to the room to find a joining door in the room. A random door that should have been on the bed room just standing by the sink that was not in the bathroom. The bathroom door wouldn't shut, the shower was held together with tape and was filthy rotten dirty.

We tried to sleep in the room, it was so hot it was unbelievable, there was no tea and coffee making facilities and no phone in the room to call reception.

We finally got to sleep only to be woken up by someone trying to get into our room, lucky enough we left the keys in the door so no one could get a key in from the other side. We left our cases in front of the joining door, so that if someone got in they would fall over them.

We were too scared to go out and see what was going on, the noise was terrible and it sounded like people were fighting outside the room.

Twice someone tried to get into the room. The following morning we didn't hang around for our bread and tea, we moved to another bed and breakfast.

Before we left there was food thrown all over the landings where the people who came in the night before had obviously had some sort of food fight.

We got to the reception to check out only to find a notice on the door to advertise that me and my friend where staying in room 115, we couldn't understand this as we had already checked in when the reception was open.

this was the most scariest experience me and my mate have ever been through.

If you go anywhere in Frankfurt (which is a lovely place) DO NOT STAY HERE IT IS A HELL HOLE and should be shut down.

DUMP OF THE CENTURY

Room Tip: NO GOOD ROOMS TO BE HAD HERE GO TO B&B Frankfurt it is fantastic and clean a proper chain of hot...