“Nice Hotel but Staff Needs More Training” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Den Haager Strasse 5 | Ecke Hemmerichsweg, 60327 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Ranked #12 of 263 hotels in Frankfurt
New York
“Nice Hotel but Staff Needs More Training”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a medium sized hotel intended to serve trade fair visitors and tour groups. It is one subway stop from the main train station and then 200-300 yards through a construction site. It is not well marked (except for the BIG hotel name on the building, which had one letter burned out when we were there.) There is a poor map at the subway stop. It should be improved. The walk there is problematic for people with roller bags (we had two). Some curbs have ramps and others, for no reason, do not. The sidewalks are being built and one walks between temporary barriers. The hotel clearly expects guests to arrive by taxi or bus. The front desk tried to be competent, but was mainly well-meaning. We got our room for 2 nights bidding on Priceline and then added a 3rd. That resulted in two different reservations and apparenly automatically cancelled the magnetic key card. The supervisor could not correct the problem. When I suggested the direction sign at the subway stop could be improved - a constructive suggestion I thought - the desk clerk's reaction was to laugh. He had not been trained how to deal with polite criticism. The public spaces are well designed and attractive and the room itself was fine, even better than expected. If you stay at this hotel as a tourist, not that there is nothing woth seeing within walking distance. So if you have the right expectations and the price is right, this is a good choice. I suspect it is quite expesive during trade fairs.

• Stayed July 2013
MHFC, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear RobLaw47,

Thank you very much for having stayed at our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City
and for taking the time to evaluate our hotel online.
We thank you also for sharing your experiences with us.

Please accept our apologies for our performance, we discussed the issue already with our team and followed the circumstances that caused the inconveniences.
Your recommendation is absolutely comprehensible and we have to check again that idea.

The roadworks next to our hotel are already done, in about 4 weeks a new shopping centre will be opened, so during your next stay your arrival will be much more comfortable and maybe you could use a bit of your freetime to go for shopping?!

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at our property.
Have a good day and best regards,

Your Team from Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was in Frankfurt in a city break. I picked a Mövenpick City Hotel offer. Is in good business environment, very quiet in weekend. Going to hotel on Friedrich Ebert Anlage in evening you can see a lot of rabbits and squirrels that look very strange near Frankfurt skyline. You can find here a great breakfast with saumon fume and 6 kind of cheese like in other fancy hotels but is the staff that make the difference. From my arrival when the receptionist warned me about a riot near Hauptwache to my living when he took my luggage without waiting for bell boy. Room boy Ahmed tried a lot of fancy arrangements with my pipe and my keys to give an artistic touch to the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Filache,

Thank you very much for your friendly words and your very satisfied comments concerning our hotel.
We thank you also for sharing your experiences with us and all future guests.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and to treat you to our hospitality again anytime you are travelling to the Frankfurt area and assure you our full attention.

With kindest regards

Your Team from Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I think this is a good place to be if you come to Frankfurt on business, especially something to do with the trade fair/expo. The hotel is very close to the Frankfurt Messe. The hotel is surrounded by huge buildings and the ground is strewn with large truck cargo crates. At least from the window of my 6th floor room that was what I saw. It is possible others saw the Frankfurt skyline, I am not sure. You would not want to come to this hotel for the scenery.
The hotel offered all amenities and all your questions were readily answered by a very efficient and polite staff. The room was neat, clean and comfortable with good beds. Everything you needed was in the room plus a mini bar. What you did not have in the room you could get simply by calling the reception. I like the mural on the wall of Goethe's suggestion to get started with whatever you dream of!
The Internet access came with a fee, but with reasonable speed. It was very quiet in the evening, but during day time there was quite a lot of moving noise coming from outside, but not incessantly.

The hotel had a good restaurant and a bar with a good ambiance. The prices were pretty high. Breakfast buffet had much variety. There were several restaurants in the vicinity one could walk to. You had to walk among huge buildings and road blocks, but it was not terrible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MHFC, Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Sunny W,

Greetings from Frankfurt, Germany!

Your kind feedback is highly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.
We are extremely pleased to read that you have enjoyed your time in our hotel and that positive memories remain with you.
It was of great pleasure being of service to you and I may thank you for choosing our Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt City.
Moreover, we were delighted that you recommended us so kindly here on TripAdvisor.
Our team will be more than happy to welcome you back.

Yours truly,
Alexandra Brill
(Guest relation)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is right by the Frankfurt exhibition centre and is a few years old only. The internet is so terrible that it is NOT worth while to stay in this place if you need to be connected. The log in is difficult and they charge Euro 12 / 24 hours for a network which collapses every few minutes. The reaction by the staff is that the network is "sometimes a bit slow". For a hotel with such room rates and focussed on business guests, technology and attitude is a shame!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. Once and never again!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MHFC, Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Mr. Hutter,

Thank you for your honest feedback about your stay at our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City.
I really apologize for the circumstances you experienced with the internet connection at our hotel.

I absolutely understand your anger about this case and the unsolved reaction of our staff. Of course that doesn’t help you in this situation and is an unsatisfying information, if you have to do important work with the internet in your hotel room. We are really aimed to improve the system and this service. I have already forwarded your feedback to our technical department who will get in touch with our provider to solve the speed of the internet connection.

Please let me suggest you our comfort room for your next stay with us. It includes a bottle of water in your room, a late checkout up to 3pm, a welcome drink at our hotel bar and 24 hours high speed internet which is recommendable for working with big files.

We would be very pleased to get another chance to convince you of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

I remain with best regards from Frankfurt and wish you a fantastic weekend,

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We attend an annual trade show in Frankfurt. For the past 4 years we have stayed at the Moevenpick near the Messe. Never again! The first two years everything went well. We ad a hotel that was nice, clean offered free wifi and very near the Messe. However, the past two years we have noticed a sharp decline in appearance, service but an increase in fees- Wifi for example. While other brands are removing the fees, Moevenpick, or at least this property has actually added fees for wifi. I noticed that several guest rooms had marks on the walls from suitcases. You could really see the wear and tear of the property. While we knew about the wifi fees prior to arriving we werent pleased and those who did use the wifi had difficulty connecting. It took several people to try and resolve the issue. Si the staff seem ill prepared to handle such issues.
The worst part of the experience was the front desk staff. Now there are two gentleman who have been there all four years who have been extremely helpful and have done a superb job. But it ends there. This year I had my aunt join me in Frankfurt while I was attending the conference. Upon arrival, they gave us two keys but made no mention that they were going to charge and extra 20 euros per night because my aunt stayed in my room. My beef is not the fact that they added a 20 euro fee for my aunt each night (even though there is no justification since my room rate did not include breakfast), rather tat at no time during my stay and my numerous visits to the front desk did they advise me of the extra fees. In fact, the night before I took back two electrical converters. They had record of only giving me one. They were grateful that I advised as such. At that time, I asked about my bill because I had noticed an open bottle of water in the fridge upon arrival. I was advised of no additional charges. It was only at 5:00 am the following morning when checking out did they tell me of the extra 80 euros they would be charging me. The front desk person was no help and quiet honestly didn't seem concerned that I was upset. Having the catch a train i paid the extra charges under protest and wrote a note to the manager on the bill of my displeasure of the property. I would have expected the extra charge had breakfast been included in the room rate but it was not there was no reason for the extra fee. To add salt to the wound upon my return to the office I found out that two of my colleagues ad a guest on the last night ad were not charged the 20 euro fee for the extra person. After this experience, I don't care if it is not as convenient to stay somewhere else. all I know is tat it will not be the Moevenpick Frankfurt.j

Room Tip: With all the extra fees and condition of the proeprty -- spend more money and stay at the Radisson...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MHFC, Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Roger S.,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback about your stay at our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City. Your considerable criticism of our front office staff makes me very upset and I apologize sincerely for your negative experiences as the manager of the hotel.

Please be assured that I take your feedback very seriously.

You are definitely right that the front office has to be able to inform you about every extra charge and the correct amount of your invoice at any time. I have already conferred with our Front Office Manager to ensure our quality and service regarding this process.

I really hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove that this is not the usual standard of our house and that we do not lose you as our regular guest.

I wish you a nice week and remain with best regards from Frankfurt,
Bernhard Haller
(Cluster General Manager)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on route from Vienna to France, what a pity it was for only one night the hotel, food, room restaurant was first class I tried to find the smallest detail that I was not happy with but I could find nothing all very clean the staff were so helpful. Breakfast was amazing plenty of everything. If I have to go back to Frankfurt I will definitely choose this hotel again 5* in all departments.

Stayed May 2013
MHFC, Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Jean M.,

Thank you very much for your wonderful remarks about your stay at our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City.

It is a real honor for us to read that we were able to make you feel welcomed and to convince you as a warm and attentive host.
This is our most important matter of concern and what our whole team is working for every day.

I have already shared your fantastic review with our staff and would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Mövenpick team.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Frankfurt and wish you a great weekend!

Best regards,
Antwerpen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at the Mövenpick Frankfurt City for three days and left a very satisfied business traveller.

If you are going to the Frankfurt Messe, this is a no-brainer. The hotel is right next to one of the entrances to the Frankfurt fair. It has underground parking so looking for a parking spot shouldn't be any trouble either. The Frankfurt Messe U- and S-Bahn stations are a ten-minute walk from the hotel.
If you have a lot of appointments in the inner city or visiting Frankfurt for the sights and sounds this isn't the best location though. The Messe neighbourhood is dead at night and it's quite a long walk or drive to the main entertainment hotspot of the city.

Rooms are spacious and tastefully furnished. Mine had an in-room water kettle, which I adore. Nothing nicer than making a nice cup of tea when you're working in your room. The room is very quiet too. I had no trouble from the building site in front of the hotel.

The breakfast buffet is very nice with a good choice of cheese, bread, cold cuts and the essential scrambled eggs and bacon. The restaurant itself was a nice surprise too. Service was excellent and I was very pleased with the tartar steak they offer. They also offer seasonal menus and a nice "dinner for two" option, although I wouldn't take a romantic date out to a business hotel.

In-room wireless Internet is a scandal. At 11€/night it's terribly slow. I'd expect it to be free if the speed isn't up to scratch. It left me wondering what the performance would be during high-peak occupancy. Luckily however, the staff refunded the cost when I told them about the disappointing speed.

All in all, a lovely stay and a hotel I will return to when my work takes me to Frankfurt again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Eindvijand,

Thank you very much for choosing our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City and that you have taken the time to give us your lovely feedback.

It is a great confirmation to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much.

I deplore that the internet connection was not as good as you expected. I will forward this to our technical department, so that we can ensure our quality here.

May I suggest you our comfort room for your next stay with us? It includes 24 hours high speed internet, a bottle of water in your room, a late checkout up to 3pm and a welcome drink at our hotel bar.

I really hope that we can welcome you back soon as guest at our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City and wish you a wonderful weekend!

Warm regards from Frankfurt,
(Guest Relation)

Been to Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City? Share your experiences!