“Not bad. Simple but modern” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City

You added Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City to your Saves list
Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Den Haager Strasse 5 | Ecke Hemmerichsweg, 60327 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Ranked #17 of 264 Hotels in Frankfurt
Bandar Seri Begawan
“Not bad. Simple but modern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here during a work trip in October 2012. Location wise there is not much in the immediate surrounding area - it is very quiet in the evenings and especially during weekends. This means you can get quality sleep. Despite the quietness, it did not make feel the area unsafe. It is within walking distance to the centre and if you don't like walking, you have a lot of public transport options. The underground, the tram etc. Just go towards Messe. The little things that I noticed: Movenpick chocolates the housekeeping leaves on the bedside each day, and the rubber ducky in the bathroom/shower.

P.S. Internet is not free and there are no porters - you can find trolleys at the lobby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MHFC, Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Ruzanna23,

thank you very much for choosing our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City and that you have taken the time to give us your feedback.

It is a great confirmation to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you have felt save and welcome, because that is our most important matter of concern.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon again at our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City and wishing you a wonderful day.

Your team of Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Pleasantville, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Spent four nights here recently when attending a conference in the Messe. The location is ideal - a very short walk from the conference center. Probably not so convenient if you are in the city for other reasons. The hotel is modern with comfortable rooms furnished in a modernist, slightly stark style. There is a large restaurant - adequate for breakfast, but certainly not outstanding, and a nice small bar. Check-in and check-out were handled very efficiently by delightful and efficient staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MHFC, Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear MJMH,

first of all we would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City team for your honest feedback. Your commendation is a particularly strong motivation for all our employees to offer our guests a perfect service at any time.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt welcome, because that is our most important matter of concern.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon again at our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City.

cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Excellent hotel nice room modern style high food quality and service is very good offer famous breakfast buffet The check in was very fast considered that I arrived very late after midnight recommended hotel Located in good location near to Frankfurt city center area

Stayed September 2012
MHFC, Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear sahalim,

first of all I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City team for your great honest feedback.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you have felt welcome, because that is our most important matter of concern.
Your commendation is a particularly strong motivation for all my employees to continue striving for the most possible perfection, to offer our guests a perfect stay every time.

I am looking forward to welcome you soon again at our hotel and wish you a wonderful day.

Bernhard Haller
(Cluster General Manager)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very modern, clean and sharp hotel. Modern Swiss styling and comfortable. Gym is great and food is good. this is right in the Frankfurt Messe (tradeshow) area and easy access to downtown. I would use this for personal as well as business travel.

Room Tip: The gym is on 7th floor as are some meeting rooms. It is a quiet floor at night.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MHFC, Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear winterson66,

first of all we would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City team for your great honest feedback.

It is a great confirmation to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you have felt welcome, because that is our most important matter of concern.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here a night each on our way in and out of Germany. It's right next to the Messe grounds so if you're here on business, it's a great location. But if you intend on doing anything else it's a little far from the main street - Zeil. If you have a car, though, it's great. You get free parking right in front of the hotel (if the fair is not on, that is). We did, so I don't know how one gets around if you don't.

The hotel on its own is great. It's a typical business hotel with contemporary rooms. The bed's comfortable. The turn down service with Moevenpick chocolate by the pillow was a great touch. Only that if it's a business hotel, free wifi in the room should be standard in today's world. They do have computers in the lobby though that you can use.

There is some heavy construction going on right next to it which is a bummer, but other than the GPS getting you lost cos of it, it's not really an inconvenience.

On the whole, a pleasant stay with smiling and helpful staff. And with the last-minute deal we got, it was perfect.

• Stayed August 2012
MHFC, Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear onlythemostawesome,

thank you very much for your nice honest feedback about our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City.

We are very pleased to read, that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you have felt welcome, because that is our most important matter of concern.

Would our comfort room be an option for your next stay with us? Here you have included 24 hours high speed internet, a bottle of water in your room, a late checkout up to 3pm and a welcome drink at our hotel bar.

Let us finally give you some information about the construction area in our European Quarter.
We understand that it is a little annoying at present, but we are looking forward to the new shopping center "Skyline Plaza". In the near future it will offer our guests several attractive options for their leisure time like many different shops, gastronomy and wellness.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed at the Moevenpick for two weeks while being on a business trip in Frankfurt. The hotel is conveniently located right next to the trade fair grounds. There is currently a large construction site right across the street and the workers started at around 6 am (including Saturdays). Overall, the hotel was fairly quiet though and you could get a good night's sleep. The breakfast was very good although it was sometimes tough to find a table during "rush hour" (there was a trade fair event going on during one of the weeks I was there and I assume the hotel was fully booked). The restaurant also provided a decent selection of snacks for dinner. There was no ironing board in my room, however, when I asked at reception, they promptly brought one to my room and I was able to keep it for the duration of my stay. Hotel staff were very friendly and courteous.

The downside was that the wi-fi was not included in the room price which is something I would expect from a hotel that caters to business travelers.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for business travellers, not so much for a couple or family getaway.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
MHFC, Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Abby82_10,

first of all we would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City team for your nice honest feedback.

We understand that the construction area in our European quarter is a little annoying at present, but we are looking forward to the new shopping center "Skyline Plaza". In the near future it will offer our guests several attractive options for their leisure time like many different shops, gastronomy and wellness.

May we suggest you our comfort room for your next stay with us? It includes 24 hours high speed internet, a bottle of water in your room, a late checkout up to 3pm and a welcome drink at our hotel bar.

north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I got bumped from a flight back to US and needed a last minute hotel. I had stayed in this area before so I knew it was a good, safe place to be as a single woman traveler. My only complaint is that they had on the Hotwire website to hotel website as one of their amenities that they had an airport shuttle to/from airport at a nominal surcharge. That was fine as long as they had a shuttle and I didn't have to stay at the airport. The airport was about 20 to 30 euros more on average. After I make the "no refund" reservation through hotwire (I usually use Priceline but they had a combo west side of town and airport together so one didn't know what one would get and if it had a shuttle (taxis are pricey and hotwire actually named the hotel in advance) I go to the airport hotel help desk (which I would recommend for anyone just staying one night as they did have great prices on rooms near hotel with shuttles) and find this hotel no longer has a shuttle service. the young man at the airport service desk said they had had complaints about that before and the hotel promised they would remove that. So I wind up taking a taxi for 24 Euros (now I'm up to an airport priced hotel). I could have taken the train but being late and almost dark I did not know where the hotel sat exactly and walking from the train station to an unfamiliar place was not something I would suggest unless you are familiar with the area. Taxi driver very friendly and nice and took me to the front door. I told the hotel desk clerk about the shuttle mis information on their website. He apologized and said he'd look into it and see if it had indeed been on there. Well, that didn't set well with me as he made me out to be a liar. I did negotiate free internet which they gave me once they found out that indeed was on the webpage. But they gave me only an hour...big deal..that didn't add up to 24 euros for the taxi. The hotel itself is very nice and very loft modern...very clean. I did not eat there but menu looked good and reasonable for paying in Euros and the conversion rate. The only drawback is if one gets a room on the backside there is a large construction project going on (hotel is only 6 floors if I remember right) that is multi levels and my room was parallel to the construction platform so you don't want to open your curtains all the way...the wake up noise wasn't too bad. But then again I was really tired and slept through it. Beds very comfortable. In general hotel staff nice. I did have housekeeping (it was a man) walk into my room and I had my "do not disturb" sign on the outside of the door. Luckily I was still in bed and was able to holler and get him out before he totally walked in. When I checked out I heard one of the front desk clerks speak with a guest on the phone who apparently had the same problem. So if you stay here be sure you mention to the front desk that this has happened. There are no cross bars on the door to prevent someone from walking right in that is staff. The location is great and a five minute walk from the underground. You take the U4 or U5 to the Hpt Baunhof (first stop) and from there you trake S8 or S9 straight to airport (3rd stop)...and if staying at hotel (basically right behind Underground station as crow flies) and you want to go to old towne and shopping you take the S4 or S5 (like going to Hpt Bahnhof) and it's the third stop (Romer) and as you exit right there is old town and tons of restaurants, river boat rides, bakeries on every corner and lots and lots of shopping. When you come back you take the U4 or U5 back to the Messe stop (3rd stop) to go back to the hotel. If you just want to walk to find a restaurant you will see (look up) the top of the Marriott...you just come out of the Underground and hang left toward the big entertainment arena (which abutts the hotel by the way) and cross the street and walk in front of the Marriott and walk about 4 blocks (cross two side streets and follow the street as it veers to right) and at the end of that block is Topo Gigos (Italian), a great restaurant and just around the corner from it is Immer Satt (Always Full) and it's a great new german restaurant. food excellent. My husband is an airline pilot and they layover at the Marriott and all the pilots go to these restaurants because they are just a short and safe walk from the hotel. On the back side of the hotel is a great mexican restaurant. And there is also a great bakery just up from Topo's. Also the Marriott has a great cafe/bakery that they don't have at the Moevenpick. All in all I would stay at this hotel again now that I have better knowledge of the trains and can get their much cheaper and just as easy as the taxi . Taxi 24 Euro, train 4.5 Euros or 8 Euros will let you ride the train all you want for the rest of the day back and forth. PS: The hotels webpage no longer has the shuttle service note on their amenities. Of course, when I tell Hotwire about it they tell me it's not on there. Great time for them to be taking it down and Hotwire made me sound like a liar. I will never use Hotwire again...I'm a priceline kind of gal and they're great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
MHFC, Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear marymowery,

first of all, I would like to apologize for your inconvenience because of the alleged airport shuttle. In this regard it is important for me to make it unmistakably clear, that you were definitely right, that this wrong information was on the Hotwire webpage. We immediately have corrected this information on Hotwire to prevent any misunderstandings in the future.

Unfortunately, you made another experience, which is no standard in our hotel. The “Do-not-disturb”-knob is the only way for every guest in a hotel to feel absolutely private and undisturbed and I would like to apologize that this has not been observed by the housekeeper. I have already forwarded this happening to our housekeeping department.

Despite these both incidents, I am pleased to read that you nevertheless enjoyed your stay with us and felt welcome, because that is our most important matter of concern.

I am looking forward to welcome you soon again at our Mövenpick Hotel Frankfurt City and wish you a wonderful day.

Bernhard Haller
(Cluster General Manager)

Been to Moevenpick Hotel Frankfurt am Main City? Share your experiences!