“OK Hotel but isolated” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Premier IB Hotel Friedberger Warte

You added BEST WESTERN Premier IB Hotel Friedberger Warte to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Premier IB Hotel Friedberger Warte
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Homburger Landstrasse 4, 60389 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Bornheim)   |
Offers & Announcements
BREAKFAST INCLUDED!
Ranked #59 of 265 Hotels in Frankfurt
Ballston
“OK Hotel but isolated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel is quite isolated, way out on the #18 tram line. There are only two neighborhood restaurant alternatives, both "OK" but hardly gourmet. The hotel coffee shop menu was limited and unappealing. The breakfast buffet was good but the coffee was dishwater.

The rooms were clean, but the furnishings struck me as a dorm furnished by Ikea. Bathroom was functional and the water was hot. The internet service worked fine but I was constantly being made to log back in -- complex user name and password made it a bother.

If you have to be way out there it is a good choice, but if you have flexibility in your accommodation, I'd look at a less isolated location.

Room Tip: First floor facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed for a week on business. The hotel is very clean and very well run. The food in the restaurants was very good and the included breakfast had a great selection. The gym and spa are very well appointed and the tanning bed was a nice feature.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mountain View, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed in 6 hotels while traveling in Germany for 9 days, and this hotel by far had the worst service. Where to start...

When we arrived, we waited at the desk for a solid 15 minutes before anyone showed up to help us. After we checked in, we asked if it was ok for us to leave our car where we parked it outside the lobby, and were told that it was fine to park there for now, but that we would have to park it underground and be charged to park our car each day. When we got into our room, as we were looking over the amenities booklet, it clearly stated that if we parked our car where it was outside the lobby, it was first-come-first-serve and free to guests. Only the ADDITIONAL parking underground had to be paid for.

We booked a non-smoking room, so when we got into the room, we were super surprised to smell residual smoke. My girlfriend went downstairs to complain, and she was assured that it was a non-smoking room and that all other non-smoking rooms were occupied. I went to our friends room down the hall, which was also a non-smoking room, and theirs smelled perfectly fine. When I got back to my room, I noticed that the placard on the door clearly showed it was a smoking room (picture attached). I went downstairs, and told the woman at the desk that she had put us in a smoking room, and she assured me that the entire hallway was non-smoking (all the other rooms on that hallway were marked as non-smoking). It wasn't until I showed her the picture of the placard I took, and started getting visibly upset that she agreed to move us to a different room (which apparently was unavailable 5 minutes prior when my girlfriend went to ask for a new room).

This check-in situation basically soured us for the rest of our stay. As far as accommodations, they were what you would expect. Breakfast was fine, the sauna in the basement was fine. It was a few blocks from public transportation (which we used, even though we had a car). But REALLY CRAPPY SERVICE.

Room Tip: If you've want a non-smoking room.... make sure you check the placard, and get ready to argue wi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 months due to work commitments. The staff are very friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. The Sauna is a great place to unwind after a long day at the office.

The rooms are comfortable and come in a variety of flavours. I got to stay in their standard and suite rooms, all are very comfortable.

The buffet breakfast is very comprehensive and something to look forward to each morning.

The only negative for this hotel is it's location on the outskirts of town. However a taxi can be ordered or there is a tram station, which is a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Crofton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

It's a good hotel for business. Better-than-basic room with clean room and nice bathroom. Breakfast has a vast variety of good choices. The restaurant and bar is busy and the food is good but not great. The no. 18 bus stops just outside the hotel and will take you downtown in about 20 mins. It's not a vacation hotel - but it is a very good hotel for biz trips.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel was easy to reach by a tram or a bus. The buses run in every 10 minutes and it takes about 10 minutes to get there from the city center. The breakfast is fabulous; warm and cold dishes. The sleeping comforty was very good; the rooms are soundproof.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Strasbourg, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during the book fair of Frankfort as I was attending a business meeting.

The hotel is located close to... nothing it seems...

Itself the hotel is probably good only for a quick stop and I'm sure not for more. I stayed one night and found it not interesting. Maybe the high rate paid didn't help...

Rooms were quite spacious with the basic equipment but you could see that cleaning even ok was not good either.
The bed were hard like the floor so I didn't sleep well and I could hear the noise of the road.

I had lunch and breakfast and for the price of the lunch I probably should have gone to the Imbiss cross the street. The breakfast was ok...

All in all this is a basic hotel that is ok if you don't stay long. However the bed was not good (as my colleagues had the same comment) so if you like comfy bed avoid this hotel. Well the twin room of this hotel as maybe the king are better.

Personally it will not be my place of choice in Frankfort in the future but maybe I'm spoiled by other hotel I have the chance to stay in too...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Premier IB Hotel Friedberger Warte? Share your experiences!