“Real Mexican--not texmex!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Frankfurt, Germany
“Real Mexican--not texmex!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Great authentic Mexican dishes! The restaurant is very small but nice atmosphere and limited seating outside. We really liked the authentic beverages, rice shakes, hibiscus and corona! The presentation of the taco fillings was perfect and the corn soup wonderful. A very enjoyable evening---we will be back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Atlanta, Georgia
“Do yourself a favor - DON'T GO”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I'll start by saying that I have never written a bad review, I hate doing that BUT the fact that Tacohaus is getting a great TA ranking irks me. Plus I'm from the South of the US and Mexican food is my absolute favorite. I've had it from Georgia, Texas, California ... all great places for it. I know what I am preaching :)

I was so excited to go to Tacohaus and left embarrassed that I had suggested it to friends.

Tacohaus has the absolute worst service. Inexperienced waitstaff. Took 15 minutes to bring drinks from the bar ten steps from our table ... then they forget half our order so, yes, we had to wait 15 more minutes. Our waitress could answer no questions about food on the menu. Had the WORST margarita I've had in Germany (which means I've had a lot of bad margaritas). We literally waited over an hour for our tacos then only half our order came; we were a party of three so we shared with our friend who's tacos hadn't arrived - took 30 more minutes and of course we'd already finished eating the meal before her food arrived. I kid you not.

The owner/manager was two tables away and apparently has no idea how to run a restaurant or she would have stepped in because this was so obvious and not just us ... all tables around us were experiencing the same problem, going to the bar after waiting 15 minutes to beg for their drink and inquire about food .. oh no, wait, the owner was at a table with friends and they actually DID get served. So we had to watch the owner with friends eating and wait over an hour for our own food. Asked for an extra corn tortilla and were told it would be about an hour wait. Huh? This restaurant has at best 20 tables.

On top of it, the food was not good. The only think I did like, actually I loved, was the very creative taco with zucchini blossoms in it.

Please save yourself the disappointment.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Authentic Mexican street food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This place was a hit with the whole family, from the home made corn and flour tortillas to the Salsa taster pots and the pulled chicken in chocolate mole sauce served in individual cast iron mini pots the meal was punchy with flavour, cooked with love and uncomplicated.

This was genuinely one of the best Mexican fast good experiences we have had. A must for people who like punchy flavours and an authentic feel. We will be back.

Frankfurt, Germany
“This autentic mexican place will make you happy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I totally agree with ChristopherFFM on this. This place is also recommended by the consulate general of Mexico in Frankfurt. I spent some years living in Mexico and it was sad and disappointing for me how most of the mexican restaurants here only offer tex-mex.
We went there 2 weeks ago for a birthday dinner of our mexican friend and we had a great evening with delicious autentic (!) mexican food, nice staff, good service and of course -good tequila- prices are absolutely ok. I was in a bad mood the whole day but after our wonderful evening I came out sooo happy and satisfied.
They even made a special and very tasty "pastel de tres leches" for the birthday. The place is not that big but cozy. What I missed was some more mexican and colourful decor.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frankfurt
“Great, tasty and authentic Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The restaurant is a bit small, but nice and cozy. The complimentary salsas and tortilla chips are very good. Our favorite main dishes are Cochinita Pibil and Tacos al pastor (although the latter is only available on weekends).

On the 1st Sunday of every month they offer a Mexican breakfast which is simply scrumptious!

One of the few restaurants in Frankfurt (if not the only one) with a real taste of Mexico.

• Visited October 2013