“The real deal....Genuine Malaysian Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ingelheim, Germany
“The real deal....Genuine Malaysian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Selera is a new place in Frankfurt less than 3 months. It's a gem, being the only genuine Malaysian restaurant in this area. Being a Malaysian, I can vouch for this genuine Malaysian restaurant that strive to stay with its origins. It serve the usual hawker fares ie Hainan Chicken Rice, Penang Char Koay Teow, Chicken Curry Laksa, Seafood Ho Fun, Nasi Lemak, Roti Prata/Canai etc. And also serve Favorite Malaysian dishes ie Beef Rendang, Curry Fish, Kangkong Belachan. The food is tasty. The service is friendly and do engage with Mr Lim the owner) and the waitresses, and they are so happy to chat with you. And being new, it is very clean. The place can cater to all, formal to casual. This is my home away from home, I come here weekly when I can for the food, friendly atmosphere and meeting new friends. It will be a respite for tourist looking for Malaysian food as they travel through Europe. Looking at the crowd of food lovers, Selera will be here for a long time. Note: It's location is at the vicinity of the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof (Main Railway Station), convenient to reach for those relying on public transport and for those driving, parking is available, look for free parking in the off hours or paid parking at the Hauptbahnhof.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Nice Food, Nice Service, Nice Ambiente! !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I live in Frankfurt for over 20 years. And it's the 1st Malaysian Restaurant here. Of course I was excited to try original malaysian foods like Nasi Lemak, Curry Laksa, Roti Canai, Rendang,... and I have to say, I was surprised!!! "Wow"!!! The waitress there are very friendly and helpful to explain us the menu...
And the fully renovation and decoration there is really fresh & nice.
Be opened for the recommendations and you will be surprise!!!

Singapore, Singapore
“Nice Malaysia food and warm service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had my dinner there almost daily for the 4 weeks in Frankfurt. The restaurant serves Malaysia food in typical Malaysia cooking style. We like the Sze Chuan style chicken dish, though not typical Malaysia style. Other dishes like fish in banana leaf, sambal kangkong, fried hofun, etc are worth trying. The restaurant also provide Chinese boil soup complimentary, fruit and a bowl of dessert for each diner. The owners are helpful and friendly.

Visited June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Tasty food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was in Frankfurt for 4 weeks. And I had been to this restaurant for my dinner almost daily. Maybe I missed the Malaysian food that I was used. The food taste almost the same as what we had in Malaysia, though not the same. We got to taste the 'Sambal Kangkong' which is typical vegetable dish in Malaysia. The decoration of the restaurant is simple yet warm. The owners are also very helpful and friendly. This is a restaurant I recommend for a typical Malaysia food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frankfurt
“Excellent Chicken Rice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went twice to the restaurant already. It has a nice interior, very friendly and cheerful staff. I love south east asian cuisíne but would usually not order Hainanese Chicken rice. But my companion insisted and I ordered a very tasty seafood noodles dish. I loved the noodles but kept had more of the hainanese chicken rice which was the best I ever tasted. We will definately come back. It is great to have a good malaysian restaurant