“Fun atmosphere, Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bernhards Bay, New York
“Fun atmosphere, Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you're in the Bornheim section of Frankfurt be sure to have a bite at Apfelwein Solzer. There is a party atmosphere all the time, but not too rowdy if you're looking for a family meal. The food is excellent. We were particularly impressed with the wait staff who were friendly, attentive and quick despite being very busy. This restaurant earned two visits during our recent stay because everyone loved it.

• Visited May 2013

85% Recommend
“German food at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Im here right now and just had a few of there famous apple wine.. that was delicious! Had the snizel that was recommended to me by my german friend who lives here and I was very happy with that choice as well as from the overall atmosphere of the place.. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who is in Frankfort

• Visited April 2013
Singapore
“Best Maultaschen in Frankfurt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice to sit, have Appelwein or Mispelschnaps and enjoy the local cuisine. For vegetarians like myself they serve nice maultaschen. Big plus is that smoking is partially allowed in their wintergarden!

Visited October 2012
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Best home cooked German fare !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were recommended this place by a very friendly chap who lived in Frankfurt & worked at the Bank of New York and we were not disappointed. I had the schnitzel with saute potatoes and Frankfurt green sauce and a side of sauerkraut, which turned out to be two huge schnitzels, and my partner had the Solzer platter - both were amazing & plentiful !! My partner then had the chocolate & vanilla sauce desert. This plus 2 beers, a glass of apfelwine, a glass of red wine & the special calvados with the apricot, came to less than 50 euros - very good value compared to other city prices.
The place was full of locals, which is always a good sign !
If you take the U4 underground train to Bornheim Mitte and then go north (away from the city) up Berger Strasse it will be on the right hand side in a traditional looking building.
The staff were very friendly and quite happily gave us a menu in English.
We went about 9pm on Easter Sunday, it was the busiest place on the street and although we didn't have any issues finding a table I would imagine that earlier or non public holidays a reservation would be a reccomendation.
This place is a must for anyone wanting good food when visiting the city.

• Visited March 2013
Heardville,GA
“If you're looking for authentic German cuisine check this place out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

First off, take public transit or a taxi to get here. It's difficult to find a parking space. I drove around for 30 mins and had to park about 6 blocks away.

Second, make a reservation. I walked in without a reservation and almost didn't get seated after driving around for 30 mins to try and find parking.

If you don't speak German, go to their website and view the menu and food descriptions in English.

Everything I ate and drank was delicious! Had apfelwein to drink. Started my dinner with the homemade bone marrow soup with dumplings. For my entree I had the Solzer's Platter. I don't have any complaints about the food whatsoever. If I didn't know better I would have thought my German grandmother was working in the kitchen. Generous portions and very tasty! Definitely all home made and made with love of German cuisine.

• Visited February 2013