Driving up from Munich, we stopped in at Frankfurt for the night. We found the hotel with relative ease and soon discovered the easy option was to park in their private car park... Street Parking is available, but a bit of a pain - for the tourist anyway!
The welcome was typically German - To the point less the niceities! It's not rude, It's just the way the language is - For a western tourist, it can feel a little abrupt, but you shouldn't let it worry you.
The rooms were large and the bed comfortable. The bathroom and amenities were all fantastic - I've stayed in plenty of 4 and 5* that aren't as comfortable as this!
The bar staff were good and there was a good selection of beer and wine available.
The 'local characters' I refer to in the heading were about the only downside - The hotel is located on the edge of a seemingly seedy type of area - We saw a few drug users, hookers and that type of crowd, mixed in with the everyday folk... quite openly plying their trade... It wasn't a case of feeling nervous - it was more of a case of looking twice... digesting and moving on. Neither of the above activities had a negative impact on my stay in the hotel.
Holiday Inn Express is good as it offers breakfast! From the 2 or 3 I've stayed in, its a run of the mill, know what your gonna get type of breakfast... but it's good and it's consistent - Thats all you need!
We did venture out into Frankfurt in the evening - And boy oh boy - We found an amazing little restaurant that served up some fantastic, traditional german cuisine! My father was in Germanic heaven. I'll try to attach the photos! The restaurant is call Das WirtsHaus. Absolutely fantastic - Their is a platter option for two at about 20 euros a head - It's worth every cent!
We also went out to the tallest building in frankfurt and took the lift up to the top for 5 euros, for a great view of the city - I recommend this if you have the chance!
All in all, a really comfortable hotel and a great little restaurant made our short lived stay in Frankfurt most enjoyable!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe Hotel Frankfurt
- Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt
- Holiday Inn Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt Messe! The hotel offers 175 comfortable and well-equipped rooms on 5 floors, including 2 rooms suitable for disabled guests and also smoking and non-smoking rooms. The rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, high-speed Internet connection and tea and coffee making facilities. Start your day with our complimentary breakfast buffet! The hotel also offers 3 modern conference rooms with natural light, air conditioning and internet access and offers numerous conference materials for successful meetings for up to 60 people. The hotel is near the central railway station, the Festival Hall and the 'Messe Frankfurt' exhibition grounds (Euromold, Heimtextil, Paperworld, Ambiente, Buchmesse, ISH, ACHEMA, IAA, etc.) Frankfurt s Westhafen and Gallusviertel/Galluspark business quarters are in the direct vicinity of the hotel and the Hoechst Industrial Park and Eschborn can be easily reached by car. With easy connections to the A5 motorway and the city centre, the hotel is an ideal location for your overnight stays, conferences and meetings. You can enjoy live football matches of Eintracht Frankfurt and also concerts at the Commerzbank Arena. You can book tickets for the Rhein-Main transport authority and also tours directly at reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.