“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 265 Hotels in Frankfurt
Singapore, Singapore
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my 4 years old child. Extremely convenient location, lovely breakfast (ask for whatever you need), nice staff, amenities, free wifi - everything you need. Not overall fancy but very worth it!
Except this one time when I wanted take a croissant for the road since my child cld not finish the breakfast in the rush we were in. The staff packed it for me but made me feel as if I'm asking out of the ordinary (strange treatment). A little unpleasant, can be improved but won't stop me from coming again.

• Stayed June 2014
flemingshotels, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Krishnids,

thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor and recent stay with us.
It will be a great pleasure to share your compliments within our team. Please be assured that we will discuss your comments of the take out procedure within the team to improve the overall experiences.

We hope you have arrived safely back in Singapore and are looking forward to welcome you soon back to Frankfurt.

Your
Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Newport, South Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have just returned from a five day stay in this very pleasant and well run business hotel.
I spent many hours perusing reviews of Frankfurt hotels before finally deciding on this one due to its proximity to the main railway station: it is immediately opposite the north entrance.
Despite the busy area, the hotel was very quiet inside with thick bedroom doors and soundproofed windows. The room I had was quite large and had 2 front windows. However I did see another in a similar category which was smaller with just one window.
The bed was very comfortable (although a bit low) and there was a pillow menu if required. There is free fast wifi throughout the hotel and there is a free bottle of mineral water which is refreshed every day.
The bathrooms are visually stunning with lots of glass and black marble; however they have these stupid modern basins which don't have a plug or other mechanism for keeping the water in them. The bath also lacks a handle to assist in getting in and out.
On the top floor there is a gym at one end and a sauna, steam room and sunbed at the other. The latter has a nice internal area where you can lie out on sun loungers.
Breakfast was truly excellent with a comprehensive cold buffet and hot dishes cooked to order. I felt this was slightly let down by the breakfast staff on the first two days of my stay who seemed more concerned with laying up tables for the next meal rather than clearing the tables when other guests had left. In fact it was only on the third day of my stay (when the breakfast staff were different) that I discovered there was actually a menu of the hot dishes available rather than just the fried eggs and bacon I had been offered.
There is a comfortable bar and lounge area and also an outside terrace cafe.
Staff were very pleasant throughout especially Helen on reception who assisted me in getting a late checkout without the normal problem of having to ask on the last morning.
There were just 3 minor annoyances which stop me from giving this hotel a top rating. One is that in a hotel of this quality, one would expect to have total blackout curtains. Whereas the curtains are dark, they do let through quite a bit of light which meant I had to sleep with an eyeshade. Secondly I had the air conditioning set to its lowest temperature throughout my stay with the fan on all the time but there was virtually no cooling effect and the air temperature seemed to be no different than outside. Finally I had a strange experience on the last night when a porter came to the door and said he needed something from the room; he then removed the bathroom scales which had been there throughout my stay. No idea why and he didn't bring them back.
Despite the above points, I would not hesitate to return if I visit Frankfurt again. In fact in many ways I found the hotel a little too comfortable with the result that I spent most of my stay in Frankfurt in my room!
Watch the prices if booking on the Steigenberger website. For some reason it was cheaper to book 4 nights then the 5th night separately rather than book all 5 nights at once!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
flemingshotels, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Topfca,

thank you for your recent stay with us and the feedback on tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure to share your comments within the team. Especially from Helen we can forward a big "Thank you".
As for our basins, we can already confirm, that we are changing those into ones with an actual plug every time it needs to be replaced. The progress is steady and we are looking forward to the time all basins are exchanged.
Please be assured that your experiences at breakfast does not reflect our usual standard and we will discuss all service related challenges within our team to improve all service levels.
As of this year we have adjusted our air conditioning due to environment friendly purposes to switch on only if the outside temperature rises above 22°C. Some other guests also share your impression and we have set therefore the automatic release to 18°C.
The unexpected visit via one of our porter was surely rather a miscommunication or misunderstanding and resulted in an awkward situation. We are currently looking into it as we are sure there is an explainable reason.

Kindly note that the booking you have placed was our 4=3 special and due to an additional night the last one needed to be booked separately. But please be assured that the most attractive prices are always loaded to our own website.

Dear Topfca, we are very much looking forward welcoming you soon back to the Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The Steinberger was ideal for us as we were only staying one night and both arriving and departing from the Hauptbahnhof, which is across the road.

The free internet is fantastic (and quick), the rooms are large and well appointed, ours on the 6th floor had a large bathroom with double sinks and a separate bath and shower.

Breakfast was great and the option to order fresh omelettes was great.

Reception were extremely helpful and very pleasant.

Would definitely recommend if you need somewhere by the Hauptbahnhof.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
flemingshotels, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear AliSidney,
thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. It will be a pleasure to share your experiences within our team.
We do hope to welcome you soon back to the Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan. Maybe next time a little longer….
Uxbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I appreciate this hotel for the professionalism and efficiency. I have stayed here a few times and it is good on all aspects except one.

PROS
- Very close to the main train station, but still easy walking to other parts of the city. I have needed to travel to Darmstadt, Ingelheim and Bad Homburg so being close to the train station is a real benefit
- Professional staff with a focus on customer service
- Above average breakfast with some nice touches. Eggs cooked on demand, nicer than usual breads, cheese and meats than most EU style breakfasts
- Quite rooms with heavy doors so no outside noise
- Internet was good which is always important
CON
- There was only one towel in the room and it was smaller and not soft at all. I was very surprised at the quality? Compared to other hotels I travel in this was very poor quality. Only one? I had a shower when I arrived, then after a workout and then the next morning. After 3 uses it was pretty sad. I don't think I should have to call the front desk for a basic towel. Seemed weird as so many other details on the hotel were above average.

Overall I still like this hotel and would stay in it again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear PDM-CEO,
thank you for your feedback and recent stay with us. We do appreciate your loyalty to our property and happily shared your notes within our team.
It is also for us a surprise, that you could find only one towel in your accommodation as well as it was of poor quality. Both does not match our usual standard and we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences we have caused.
Please be assured that we will discuss these matters to provide the known luxury standard you have experienced throughout your stay.
We are looking forward to welcome you soon back to Frankfurt.
Irvington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed here for a work trip for 9 nights and have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. You can't beat the location. It's directly across the street from the Main train station, where there are multiple little food stands and convenience stores. There' also a supermarket within a 5 minute walk. You have two options to get quickly to the Messe, the tram or the subway. We were there in about 10 minutes. As for the service, the staff was excellent. I needed everything from help with the lobby printer to assistance in shipping multiple large packages internationally and they did all they could to help. I also enjoyed the morning breakfast, which was all encompassing from breads and cheeses to cereal and oatmeal. There were also hot options to be ordered off the menu. Lastly, the room was clean and comfortable and the free wifi was a huge plus.Will definitely be returning next year.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Coopercoy,
thank you for your great feedback on tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to share your compliments within our team.

We are looking forward to welcome you next year again and we can recommend in addition to your given option an ordinary walk to the fairground as well. Especially in terms of trade fairs where traffic is sometimes jammed a walk will take you there in approximately 7 Minutes.

athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Returned to this hotel for the 2nd time. Was welcomed very warmly and check in was nice and smooth.
The room nice and comfortable with all necessary amenities provided for. Nice touch is the nesspreso machine and Haribos before sleep.

Free wifi always a plus and bfast of decent standard. Service also very friendly.
Would go back

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Skag181,
thank you for your positive feedback on tripadvisor. It will be a pleasure to share your compliment within our team.
We do hope to welcome you soon back to your third visit.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have stayed here 3 times and have found this hotel to be good on all 3 occasions.Located beside Frankfurt Central Rail Station (Hbf), this hotel is ideally located for visiting Frankfurt. It is also located a short tram ride from the Frankfurt Messe. Rooms at the Metropolitan are small, but are clean and efficient. The bathrooms are good as is the buffet breakfast. Other than breakfast, I did not eat at the hotel. Transport links to/from Frankfurt airport and the metro/trams (U/S Bahn) around Frankfurt are available from the Hbf just100 metres across the road. I would stay at this hotel again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Bones6t,
thank you for your positive feedback on tripadvisor and your stay with us.
It is a great pleasure to share your compliments within our team and we do hope to welcome you back next year.
We would also like to take the opportunity to inform you about our 5 different room categories, that vary in size as well as amenities. You are welcome to get some impressions on the next occasion as you might want to stay in a different category. Please be welcome to try our Brasserie “M” for dinner the next time.
Your Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan

Been to Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan? Share your experiences!