The pros and cons are:
* good price.
* near Frankfurt main railway station, walking may be for 10 minutes.
* the main shopping area, like the Zeil street shopping stores are about 15-20 minutes walking.
* many near-by restaurants offering average price meals.
* good open buffet breakfast, although items are less diverse.
* nice reception employees.
* the rooms are basically clean although the towels looks old and slightly smelly.
* the corridor of the first floor is slightly smelly.
* the coffee is not served fresh-brewed unless requested.
* free wifi is an advantage although you should request a user name and password from the reception to connect to the internet through the hot spot and they sometimes give it for 24 hrs or sometimes 48 hrs.
* an old safe is available but is working well.
* my room was room 12 in the first floor. The view from the window is not interesting as it shows the car parks and some buildings.
It is a good choice if using the rail station is required or saving budget is a priority. I think that, with few added cost, one can get a better hotel especially if he is a part of a group or a family trip and need to stay for several days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Memphis Hotel enjoys an excellent location in the city centre, 5 minutes away from the main train station. It is only a short walking distance to the Frankfurt Fair, banks, Stock Exchange, art galleries, cultural attractions, the shopping boulevard Zeil, Sachsenhausen or the town hall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Memphis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Memphis Hotel Frankfurt