“The place for Tapas in Frankfurt” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Porto, Portugal
“The place for Tapas in Frankfurt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great food at a fair price. Their tapas taste great. I'm always looking forward to go back and indulge myself with to the chorizo, the mejillones, the pollo al ajillo, the sangria... All tastes fresh and delicious.

A must go in Frankfurt to get again from the horrible and overpriced food they have in some places.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Frankfurt, Germany
“Best tapas in town, hands down.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

It was only through pure chance that I first visited Tapas Locas and I am ever thankful to the other nearby tapas restaurant who, after booking a table two hours in advance, told us that we hadn't called, eventually conceded that we did call but had given our table away and then told us to leave as they were too busy to seat us. Many thanks to them for their inefficiency as we then found this real gem of a restaurant instead.

The menu provides a good selection of tapas to choose from without being too extensive as to compromise the freshness of the food, the portions are a good size and are fairly priced, the food is absolutely delicious and the drinks are also very fairly priced, with a glass of the dry red house wine (which for me works perfect with most tapas) costing €3.60 for 0.2l. Personal highlights of the menu for me are the 'Pimentos de Padrón' (fried baby green peppers with sea salt), Mejillón en Vinegreta de Pimientos (cold green lipped mussels in a pepper vinaigrette) and the Pan y Allioli, which although simple to do, is made with the perfect balance of garlic.

Tapas Locas is only a small restaurant so reservations are recommended but this adds to the cosy feel of the place and also ensures that you feel looked after by the staff for the duration of your visit. The staff are attentive without being overbearing and are happy to recommend dishes to you, which have proven to me to be well worth taking. Although the restaurant can get busy at times I have never felt rushed to leave to seat more people in our seats, in fact one time I even had to convince the waiters that we were just about to pay the bill to stop them from turning away more customers.

This was my third visit to Tapas Locas, where once again I have felt welcome, enjoyed everything I ate and left feeling very satisfied indeed. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2012