“Amazing place!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 1,780 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Chania Town, Greece
“Amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We visited Ariston last month when on vacation in Frankfurt.
Never thought I would find good greek cuisine outside of Greece..to be honest we wouldn't even try if it weren' t for the great reviews we read that intrigued us.
This place represents what's good in Greek gastronomy...it combines modern gourmet cuisine with the wonderful greek gastronomic tradition. The only thing we regret is visiting this restaurant on the last night in Frankfurt!
Great enviroment, professional and friendly service, fantastic menu and reasonable prices. I had one of the best steaks of my life (and I am a really big fan of them!!) and my girlfriend had a fantastic version of the traditional 'Smyrneika soutzoukakia'....and on top of these the deserts...make sure you ask for the kantaifi with cream (don't remember how it was named on the menu).

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“A Warm Greek Welcome in the Heart of Frankfurt!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

A work opportunity brought us to Frankfurt and our accommodation is nearby, so we were drawn to this place for no other reason; a few vague mentions from other people back home who had also visited this city too. Initially, we simply craved a late-night beer after work, which came accompanied by small nibbles and then on asking, a platter of cold meats etc to go with our beers and white wines. They knew what they were doing; now we're hooked! We have all tried the lunch special which is 11.50 for three courses. Great value and freshly cooked. Portions not too big but all reported feeling full! The weakest point if at all is the dessert menu. I have had two different desserts and neither are on a par with anything I've had in Greece. I think their best is profiteroles and they had run out by the time we arrived for a late lunch. The evening menu is splendid and got the thumbs up from a visitor with a passion for fine dining who is normally hard to please! The staff are all really friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. Lovely decor inside; very high standard that makes you feel special even before you've ordered! They never rush you even if it's late. Dedicated service.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome and high standard of service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We are staying in apartments above this restaurant and work late into the evening. They are really happy to have us come to drink after work and have also put together a lovely meze of cold snacks when we've arrived hungry. Other diners look very content and the food served looks fresh and appetising.

Visited May 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
“Excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I discovered this hidden gem by chance and I am so glad I did! The atmosphere is really nice. Our waiter was very attentive, he made sure that nothing was missing: he brought us nice bread and dips while we waited for our food and always kept our glasses at the right level.
The starters were fantastic and the main dish (grilled mixed fish) was just excellent: fresh fish and crunchy grilled vegetables. We ordered a bottle of white wine and it was exactly how it should be: ice cold, which is something that unfortunately you do not find in Frankfurt too often. I definitely recommend the place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very good food and ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I have been to the restaurant a number of times. I typically do not go to Greek restaurants outside Greece, but this one, i would comfortably suggest. It offers a modernised version of the traditional Greek food, with an international twist.