“Nice local...poor and neglected service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cantina Mescal

Cantina Mescal
Schweizerstrasse 77, 60594 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Sachsenhausen-Nord)
069 6199-2312
Improve this listing
Ranked #764 of 1,770 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Bornheim, Germany
“Nice local...poor and neglected service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Location is good with a nice terrace to drink a coffe, as many people did on Sunday noontime.
And it is only now, as I say this, that I realize that I did not see anybody having lunch.

Apfelsaft tasted like ananas...we told the waiter and shrugging his shoulders answered " oh it's the apfelsaft we have! hey man, you are a waiter, and if any customer tell you that something taste strange, you can change it (which cost maybe 80cents) and get a happy customer for next time, or as it was the case, see how your customer finished with a full glass of apfelwein which does not taste like apfelwein.

The tortillas where probably from the day before, really dry. We ask for 2 more in order to finish the meat, and were even worst, not just dry dry but cracks. No way to eat the fajitas. They used the tissue from the old ones to put on the new ones, cooking probably in Microwave, so all red tissue got to be adhered to the tortilla. Disgusting and really unprofessional!

The waiter saw it before we got the bill. Instead of asking...he charged 1€ more...

Again, really unprofessional.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Frankfurt, Germany
“Oh how I wish this place was better than it is!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

As an american expat living in my Frankfurt, my craving for Mexican food has ocassionally led me back to this place. When will I learn? The food here is terrible and does absolutely nothing to satisfy my craving. The location is good and they have lots of outdoor seating, so great as a place to meet friends for a drink after work. But don't eat the food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Aabenraa, Denmark
“Top place - been here twice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I don't understand how anyone can have a bad experience at this place.

I haven't got one negative thing to point out.

Very nice staff, very swift service, lovely food, cold beers, nice wine selection - and a smoking section.

What's not to like, I ask.

I will go there any time soon again, I hope, and recommend it to anyone going to Sachsenhausen, FfM.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Avoid!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I live nearby and I have tried this place over and over again because its location is unbeatable. BUT, the place has been always dirty, the food has never been fresh (convenience food reheated in a microwave oven) and the service mediocre at best. Don't eat here!!!! If you want a beer or a soft drink it is okay, otherwise skip it!!!!

Visited August 2012
“Awful place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

One of the worst places in Frankfurt, and I've been living here for three years. Dark, dingy, unattractive. We were a large group of people, but we were basically the only ones there. Several people ordered a freshly squashed orange juice, and a few people waited 1 hour and a half to get it. One hour and a half. When we inquired about the long lost juice, the rather unpolite waiter told us that we had ordered so many that it needed time because they were squeezing it by hand. Ridiculous. We finished our meal before the drink came. I had an American-style breakfast which was passable, considering the hardened bagel and the half-cold pancakes and scrambled eggs.

Service simply rude and inappropriate, the waiter got the dishes wrong and whatnot. Never going to go there again. Avoid at all costs.

Visited February 2012