“Fine resturant and service to remember” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Losteria

Losteria
Speicherstrasse 1, 60327 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)
069 - 24 24 70 20
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #279 of 1,779 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Innenstadt
Chicago, Illinois
“Fine resturant and service to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Losteria is loacted at a fine location right on the Main River bank. Went there yesterday for dinner with a few friends to celebrate one of the guys birthday. Staff was very pleasing (all Italian). They could speak German and Italian but could barely speak English. With the help of our German speaking friend, we managed to place our orders. Drinks were good. We ordered a brushetta (v.good) and a couple of vegetarian pizzas (good). Closed the dinner with a Tia Misu which was brought to the table with a lit candle (on request) as a small birthday cake for our dear friend. The bill was 35 Euros for 3 guys (quiet cheap for the type of fine resturant this one is). I need to definately mention one of the staff members who got us the Tia Misu. She could speak English and hence, was able to maintain the surprise of the cake. We tipped her well for the favor (~20%), which resulted in great happiness on her face and one of the most genuine good wishes for a stranger.

Would recommend this resturant any day for Service (100%), Ambiance (100%), Location (100%), Food (80%) - Overall Value for Money (95%). Don't miss the Tia Misu (200%)

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Brussels, Belgium
“Fab Food in Great Atmosphere - and close to the Ibis!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We arrived at the Ibis for an overnight stay in Frankfurt, and as I had hurt my knee skiing and was barely able to hobble, we asked the receptionist where the nearest restaurant was. He pointed out the L'Osteria just across the road and we turned up there on a Saturday night ( St Patrick's night! ) without a reservation. As soon as we walked through the door the staff were lovely - they gave us one of the few tables not occupied which thankfully was not far away and when they realised we were English they even found us the English menus. The restaurant was buzzing - a lively and modern atmosphere, with good music and nice decor.
We ordered an antipasti to share which was ample for two, and came with a basket of lovely bread and olive oil. My husband ordered the pasta with gorgonzola and I ordered a Pizza Rustica. His pasta was wonderful, and my pizza was absolutely HUGE! It was the biggest pizza I have ever seen - hard to cut as it extended way past the edges of the plate! Seriously, it would have served 3 at least! It was also very, very good - very thin and quite spicy. My husband drank his favourite Weissbier and I had the house red which was very acceptable :0) Husband also had room for a Tiramisu, which he tells me was gorgeous, but obviously didn't feel the urge to share it with me!
The only downside for us was that the drinks service was a bit hit and miss, but they were very very busy and the beer did arrive eventually!
The staff really were very nice, even offering to help me get down the stairs to the loo as my knee was refusing to co-operate at all that night.
We live in Belgium and are used to the prices here, so we were both absolutely astounded to eat and drink so well for less than 50 euros! If we return to Frankfurt we will definitely return there.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Elmshorn, Germany
“excellent food, good value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

spend a very nice evening there, a good selection of wine and a very good selection of Italian food make this a great place to spent a few hours. A cozy Lounge provides a place for those who don't want to eat. Close to the Main river and about 8 Minutes away from the Frankfurt Central station.

• Visited February 2012