“Good location, expensive during fairs” 3 of 5 stars
Review of InterCityHotel Frankfurt

You added InterCityHotel Frankfurt to your Saves list
InterCityHotel Frankfurt
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Poststrasse 8 | Bahnhofsviertel, 60329 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Ranked #117 of 265 Hotels in Frankfurt
Finland
“Good location, expensive during fairs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights in October, 2013. Lobby is small with fery few seats while waiting to check in/out. Great location, 50 meters from the main railway station and 15 minutes walk to the fair center - Messe. Downside are the outrageous prices during fairs - EUR 300,-/night...

Breakfast is excellent with good variety of hot and cold foods. There is supposed to be a free wifi, but in the upper floors it is difficult to connect. And you need a separate passcode for each device you are going to use. And frustratingly, even in the lobby the network can disappear completely every 15 minutes or so. Also, in the ground floor restaurant, the wifi does not work at all - so no checking your emails/news while having breakfast.

Rooms small, but quite clean. Pillows are really flat in the bed. Minibar very basic with few beers and soft drinks. Sound insulation is bad, you can easily hear what's taking place on the corridor or neighbouring rooms.

Tip, taxi from the airport appr. EUR 30,- one way.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms may be more quiet of the sounds from the traffic.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed at the InterCity Hotel in Frankfurt in October 2013 for 4 nights. It is primarily a business person's hotel judging from the sheer amount of businessmen who were staying there and many of the rooms were being used for conferences.

Breakfast was included in my stay and the selection was plentiful. No complaints there!

The location is superb, being right next door to the main train station, Frankfurt Main Hbf and the tramlines into the city centre ran through the hotel, although you could actually walk to the main shopping district as well, it doesn't take long, maybe 20mins or so.

I would say that the hotel is right near part of the Frankfurt CBD and as a result there aren't a lot of big supermarkets or shopping centres nearby but all you need to do is go for a wander and you can find little convenience stores that stock the essentials.

There aren't many restaurants located nearby, although there is no shortage of kebab shops since the hotel is located just to the west of the red-light district, so if that's something that tickles your fancy, you're in luck!

For the price I paid, approx. $110 per night, I would say that it's a pretty good deal for a business hotel that is centrally located and comfortable.

It costs around 30 euros to get to the international airport by taxi or if you prefer a cheaper otpion, you can take the train from the Frankfurt Main Hbf, and the airport is only 2 stops away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
West Sussex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Having booked and paid in advance I was surprised at the amount of time it took to register. When we got to the room (which was as far away from reception as you could be (556)) we found that the room had been set up for one person - 1 duvet, 1 pillow, 1 set of towels etc. We rang down to reception and this was quickly resolved. However, it became clear in the night that one pillow each was not enough. They disappear into nothing. We asked and received a second each for our second night.
German hotels don't seem to do kettles in rooms. We asked for one and got it but were told that if we wanted cups then we'd have to upgrade to an executive room as cups come with slippers and bath robes! We just bought some cheap ones in the city instead - plus milk to go with the teabags we had in our bag.
Have to agree with another poster about the foam mattresses. Shouldn't have made a difference but I found it hard to sleep. On the positives, good location, free local travel, amazing range of TV channels including BBC1

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bari, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Really I don’t understand some negative reviews left by some Italian "tourists".
Probably they have never been in an Italian hotel ad they cannot make any realistic comparison.
In fact to my opinion (I travel worldwide for about 180 days per year, every year) Intercity Hotel can be considered as a model to be showed to Italian hotel managers.
Very essential but also very clean, with excellent position, delicious breakfast with plenty and various food, free sauna, free internet, free public transportation ticket, frigobar, large flat TV with numerous channels.
At the end I asked myself: “As is possible to include so many services in a so low price” ?
For example a hotel in Roma with much lower quality, no services included, CRT television, “synthetic” breakfast costs not less than double price of Intercity hotel price.
Again I consider Intercity hotel simply a model to be showed !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed from Sep 20 and 21 for 2 nights

The hotel is in great location and just opposite to the train station. But still very quite. When we checked in, we were offered with the free transportation cards. It is very easy to explore the city via metro and tram.

Room size is comfortable at Europe standard. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful.

There are a lot of restaurants around and we can easily find something to eat inside the train station.

However, the connectivity of wifi was not good. Was clicked out a few time and need to re-login again.

Bed and pillow are a bit soft to us. We were wake up in the middle of the night because of back pain.

Overall no complaint with its price. It's location is definitely the selling point. If you are looking for something value for money. It should be your choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
flemingshotels, Manager at InterCityHotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
thanks a lot for staying with us and being guest in our hotel. Very nice to hear that everything was fine for you and you had a pleasant stay.
About your comment regarding our wifi connection, please be sure, that we will discuss this point with our technical team .
Hope to welcoming you again soon and best regards from Frankfurt
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Had everything I wanted for my business trip. Clean rooms, good breakfast included, internet in rooms included, public transportation pass included, within my travel budget, across the street from the Hauptbahnhof (main train station) and tram/bus lines so super convenient for public transportation. Non-smoking room came with a little mini-bar fridge and a safe. They gave me extra pillows, towels and an iron at no charge. Bathroom has built-in hairdryer. Only two downsides - mattress was a foam mattress, which I find uncomfortable, and the neighborhood around the train station is only so so. Okay during the day for a woman travelling alone but take a taxi home at night rather than walk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at InterCityHotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Cathy,
thank you very much for staying with us and being guest in our hotel. Nice to hear that you had a pleasant stay and everything was well for you.
Have a nice trip back home and kind regards from Frankfurt.
Rockville Centre, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a 3 day layover, I always stay in my layover city so I am done with the jetleg by the time I hit my destination. The place was about 100 meters from the hafbahnof/ main train station. The main trainstationThis is 15 minutes from Frankfurt Airport. It was super easy to find when coming out of the station exit. The steinberger hotel chain owns a several hotels on the block. The check was quick and they held my bags although the room was not ready at 12 pm. I took the upgraded room with included mini bar for 77euro/ night. Adequate in size. It included a good German breakfast ( I ve had better
And worse). Wifi was included, but the signal was very poor all over the hotel. The bottom line is the place was clean safe, desk was open 24 hours. It was I. A safe enough area for a family to stay. If you want to wander around there is a strip of ready skanky strip bars 5 mins away. They look nasty and have people on the sidewalk trying to pull in customers, this is only later at night. The room had a good safe big enough for my IPad and other things. I enjoyed 2 beers and 2 sodas a say from the mini bar, that's all it contained each day, but it was cool for the price. The air conditioner worked and had its own thermostat. I would stay there again. The city itself isn't so touristy, there were mostly business travelers there on someone else dime. Because I f
Drag a big bag and its so close the the train station I gave it a good rating. I travel alone and trust the food at the main station.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Eric,
thanks a lot for your visit and your good comments about your stay. We are glad, that everything was well for you and hope to welcoming you again soon.
Have a nice time and best regards ,
Volker Koerdel

Been to InterCityHotel Frankfurt? Share your experiences!