I recently stayed at this hotel while I was in town for the Ironman triathlon. The hotel is in an excellent location, sitting right across the street from the main train station. I will talk more about the location later. The hotel itself is pretty good but not five star. The front desk staff was professional but far from friendly. I felt as if they were going out of their way to serve me. All other staff were just great, housekeeping and the wait staff in the restaurant. Breakfast was included in my package and it was just delicious. I found myself over indulging in the buffet. It's a bit crowded as it packs up quickly and you might have a hard time finding a table. Once I had to sit in the foyer by the elevators. The room was a bit small and the bed was like sleeping on plywood. What I really like about this hotel is the location. Right across the street is the main train station which is packed with cafes, fast food, to include McDonalds & BK, a Starbucks, But I think you would be crazy to go to those American favorites. I loved the small sandwhich shops. Man it's making my mouth water just thinking about them. There are a few ATMs and a post office in which I used to ship home some stuff. Directly in front of the train station is the Tram station. I never actually used the train, but I did use the tram several times. Also within 25 meters of the front door of the hotel is a 24 hr bar. In about 200 meters there is a small super market and within 500 meters there is a nice drug store. Also within 500 meters are numerous restaurants and cafes. Within 1km is the red light district if that is something your looking for. Right across the street is a police station and right behind the hotel is a bike shop which is actually supposed to be the best in town. If you like walking you can basically walk to most locations. If the front desk staff was friendly I would have given this hotel 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not only business but also cultural and entertainment events attract many visitors to the Metropolis on the Main, Frankfurt. In any reason for visiting our attractive city, the InterCityHotel will be your ideal base. Located directly at Frankfurt Main Station and being connected to the subway and tram networks, take advantage of your free local public transport in connection with your room ID card and quickly reach Frankfurt's shopping mile, the Zeil, as well as our historic city and the Romer, interesting museums, the financial district or the fair grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterCityHotel Frankfurt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercityhotel Hotel Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Intercityhotel Hotel
- Intercity Hotel Frankfurt