“Sleepless In Frankfurt” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt

You added Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt to your Saves list
Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mailander Strasse 1, 60598 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Formerly Holiday Inn Frankfurt City - South Conference Centre)   |
Ranked #112 of 265 Hotels in Frankfurt
Japan
“Sleepless In Frankfurt”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Coming back to the hotel at 11:30 pm on a Saturday evening, I was surprised to see a big crowd waiting in the lobby. I managed to work my way towards the big elevators when I was confronted by a bouncer looking man who rudely informed that the elevators were not available. Soon i realized why, from my room in the 22 floor I begun hearing the thumbing base vibrations of a party on the 25th floor. The noise continue until about 5:00 am the next morning. Later on I heard that guest as far as the 17th floor were also sleepless in Frankfurt.
It would have been nice to be notified in advance of the upcoming party as well as the fact that only the small elevators facing the front desk area were available for hotel guests. But the most important thing was to turn the music down.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the lower floors if staying during a Friday or Saturday to avoid the noise from th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear ErwinOrtiz,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the ambient noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Mirfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I don't seem to be having much luck with hotels in Germany over the past year or so as you will see from some of my other reviews of hotels in Berlin and Frankfurt. This really should be a good hotel, but it doesn't work! To be fair, the reception staff on arrival were friendly and helpful, but they didn't have a room ready for me ( fair enough it was only 10.00am) so I had to wait until I came back from the Trade Fair in the evening. Again, very friendly staff at check in and I went to my room with a promises of free internet, so far so good. The room was ok, but the bathroom was tiny for this level of hotel. Within minutes I was given my free internet password, which was great except there was no wifi reception in my room. I was eating out that evening so hoped there might be reception when I returned, but there wasn't. The next morning I had a shower, but the water wouldn't drain away. This is a basic issue which the cleaning staff should have spotted! When I complained at reception they clearly knew about the wifi issue - i.e. the network routers don't feed my room, so they offered to change my room that evening - a bit drastic and also inconvenient, but fair enough. However, after dinner that evening I faced a new problem - a big, burly bouncer stopping asking me were I was going, when I told him that I was going to the lifts to my room I was informed that I couldn't do that as they were reserved for a private party! What? I'm a paying guest, but private parties take precedence? It got much, much worse! The private party played the kind of very loud bass driven disco music which is guaranteed to keep residents from sleeping - and it did, until 4.10am!!! Oh.. one more thing, the hotel had a shuttle to the Fair each morning at 8.30am but charged 5 Euro's and was over- subscribed so people were packed in like sardines - dangerous to say the least! And there was no returns service, so better to not have bothered offering a service in my view! All in all, a disastrous experience. I will not return!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear James L,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We’re sorry you were unhappy with the noise levels in your room. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you again for your

Connie D
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I am presently writing this from my room which is supposed to be an executive room. Beware while you shower, the water flows out very slowly and soon you will realize that the tub is filling up with water. Furthermore, it's Saturday night, and my husband and I came back from dinner to find the lobby filled with young adults and rude "Big", "Mean" looking bouncers. As I head towards the lift that I normally take to our room, one of the bouncers rudely stops me and commands me to take another lift. I did not travel half across the world to come and get this kind of treatment. Why did not the management of the hotel put up signs informing hotel guest of that particular section of the hotel being close for a private function? It's now 12.44am on Sunday morning and I can hear loud pounding music coming from that particular function. We are in Frankfrut to attend a Trade Fair. What we needed was nice quiet place and this was not it. Our room is on the 17th floor.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Mubina Ravinder A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise from the other guests prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We do take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Northern Cal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn South in Frankfurt, Germany. The water in the bathtub go down very slowly. We found 2 bugs crawling in the bathroom. The curtain has blood or coffee stain. See attached. No free wifi. 5 Euro for 1 hour, 14 euro for whole night. The location is not in the center, but very close to the airport. Only about 10~15 or 20 minutes max to the airport. That is a good part. Elevators are confusing. Stops at 9th floor and need to take 1 floor up by stairs to 10th floor. I've been staying in Holiday Inn most of my stays in the USA. This is the first US abroad site I've stayed, I may not stay next time, but rather stay with other European chain hotels instead. Also very noisy. Heard siren few times throughout the night. Breakfast was ok, I had better ones in the European chain hotels.

Room Tip: Do not pick lower floors. Very noisy!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear happyglobaltraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the cleanliness of the room have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

friendly stuff in hotel,tasty breakfast but sometimes too many people on it.
standard rooms are quite big, clear and with good wiew from balcony and will be good enought for family with one child.
minus - no kids menu

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
LeonardoRoyalHotel, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Tata_2202,

thank you for talking the time to review our Hotel on Tripadvisor.

The team and I were delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards
Duliajan, Dibrugarh (Assam)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed for only one night at this hotel but was impressed with the facilities and services within that short span of time. Very friendly reception alloted us a room on the 24th floor. The room was spacious and bright. The bed, linens, pillows etc. were sparkling clean and comfortable. The bathroom clean with sufficient number of towels.

Our room being a corner room also had a narrow passage attached to the good sized balcony. The view around was fantastic as you can see the complete skyline of the city from there. Lobby area and the restaurants are well maintained and give a very nice feeling. Did not use the pool and other facilities, which I believe also may be awe inspiring. I will recommend travellers to go for this hotel without any hitch.

Free WIFI provided.

Room Tip: Higher the floor better the views
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
HIFRACT, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear pathakan,

Thank you for your nice feedback on Tripadvisor and for mentioning our Hotel and our friendly staff.

We hope you will consider coming back in the future.

Kindest regards,
Essex, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed for two nights at the Holiday Inn City Centre South. Nothing special. The main restaurant on the second floor was closed both nights and we ate in the bar. Food was ok but a bit overpriced for bar food.

No recognition as a priority club gold card holder except free drink at bar. Room upgrade would have been preferred. Asked for a non smoking room but the room I had stunk of cigarettes. Kept the door to the balcony open for a couple of hours to try and freshen the smell, but the smoke had long penetrated the whole room.

Nothing special. Very small area at Breakfast reserved for priority club members. I am unlikely to return to this hotel for my further business needs in Frankfurt.

Staff were helpful and polite but I thought the parking charges at the hotel was excessive.

There was a problem at check out that was unresolved. I booked the hotel via a travel consultancy in London on a pre pay basis. Upon check out the reception staff stated that there was no authority to charge for the room and food back to the agency so I had to pay 688E again from my personal account.

Room Tip: If you don't like the smell of cigarette smoke don't choose room 1419
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your honest feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our property. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience.

Best regards,

Been to Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt? Share your experiences!