“Pretty good meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Cheshire, UK
“Pretty good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We ordered via phone and got it delivered to our hotel. (They spoke very good english so it was easy)

Food ordered:

Vegetable Samosas - This came as a big portion (8 pieces!) Quite nice, possibly a little too salty.

Vegetable Thali - This was superb. Basmati Rice, Chick Pea Creamy Curry, Lentil Dahl and a Spinach Dish. All very good.
We thought this was going to be a small side order but the portions would have been enough for both of us without the need to order anything else!

Vegetable Jalfrezi - This was quite nice. We asked for it to be hot and it had a good spicy kick to it. Nice chunky vegetables. Again, like the samosas though, possibly a little too salty.

Plain Naan - I'd say it was more like a cross between a Chapati and Naan but it was very good.

A friend ordered a meat Vindaloo and he said it was a good heat - nice and hot but not painful!
He also ordered an Onion Kulcha and Mattar Pilau Rice.

Price for everything was €40.00 which was pretty good.

I've had Indian food in several different countries and I'd say this was overall pretty good.
I'd definitely order from here again when in Frankfurt next

BUT

I'd order way before I wanted to eat...
We ordered and they said it would take 30 - 40 minutes (average time for Indian food I've found) BUT it took 1 hr and 20 minutes!!!

So apart from a couple of things being too salty and the long delivery time it was...
PRETTY GOOD :-)

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“not very authentic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

was not to busy when we visited, without reservation...the waiter seemed a bit confused where to put us. typical looking Indian restaurant inside... ordered tandoori chicken and pakora as starter, im pretty sure the chicken never saw a tandoor oven, was served with iceberg salad and tomatoe... pretty tasteless, big portion though... personally I would prefer more taste and less meat. had lamb Rogan Josh, to be honest it was very unmemorable including the nann bread. every thing took a long time to get to the table, we were sitting near the kitchen and I could see my food sitting there for a good 5 mins before the waiters got it together to bring it to us....service attentive enough to notice that we dident really eat our food... another example of dummed down Indian food in europe.... about a million miles from what it should be...
there are better so called Indians around...... here seemed very thrown together

• Visited May 2012