“Good place to watch English language movies” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 62 Activities in Frankfurt
Type: Movie Theaters, Amusement
Vancouver, Canada
24 attraction reviews
“Good place to watch English language movies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We wanted to see how a German movie theater differed from those in Canada and my daughter wanted to see Ice Age 4 (which I will spare reviewing here). This is a large multi-plex with a number of screens and for the most part was very similar to our experience in Canada. The only real difference was that they assign you a seat (however, since the theater was pretty empty we just sat wherever) and you can drink beer, wine, apple-wine, sekt etc. (something that would be greeted with horror in Canada but I think is a huge plus). Prices for us were not all that bad, about the same as we would pay at home except you have to "buy" 3-D glasses for a Euro (which you can use over and over I expect). Unlike other reviewers, I didn't find the bathrooms particularly bad, but maybe we were just lucky. One downside is that there seemed to be only a few staff selling tickets, which meant a long-line up however you can also buy tickets on-line. Since this theater seems to show a number of English language movies, it's a great choice for us.

Visited July 2012

London
394 attraction reviews
“OK for a multiplex but high prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

As a cineaste i wanted to visit one of Frankfurts cinemas.The exterior gives you little idea as to the futurist exterior.I wanted to see an english language film and the only one showing was MIB3,hardly my cup of tea.The admission price was11 euros.i suppose that was because the film was in 3D.A bit steep in any event.they wouldnt accept my credit card as it wasnt German.The further inside you go the colour scheme changes to blue.Now whilst i appreciate that this is to acclimatise your eyes it does make it rather dark.The film was showing in the screen 8,there are 12.There are some art deco style wall lights.There are tabs,which is preferable to a bare screen.the seating is comfortable and the screen a reasonable size.i assume that the projection is digital.One slight difference to the UK,there is a door to the auditorium which is closed and then there is a second door.I cant see the point of that in fact i would have thought quite worrying if a quick eveacuation was required..I reasonably enjoyed my visit but rather wished it had been less expensive.

Visited June 2012
Wiesbaden, Germany
5 attraction reviews
“More movies in english than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

This is a great movie theater that shows quite a few movies in english (OV - Original Version) on the weekends and throughout the week. Fairly clean, relatively good prices, assigned seating, and easy access from the subway all make for a good experience. You can also park in the parking deck for 1.50 euro if you visit the theater and you're driving a car.

Visited February 2012
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
16 attraction reviews
“PLEASE CLEAN THE BATHROOMS!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The theatres are nice and modern, they have 3-d screenings and a good variety of films in OV which I really really appreciate and are the reason why I'm giving the Cinestar Metropolis 3 stars. I won't comment in the ridiculously expensive bar prices becasue it's the same in every cinema so I can hardly blame them, but the toilets... OMG... The horror! They are *always* dirty, the wastebaskets always chock-full, splashes everywhere and the kind of design and lighting that make the place look dirty even if the cleaning lady just left, although I dare say they forgot to hire one. Even the time I went to the 1pm showing and had almost the whole cinema to myself, the toilets would look only just ok. The only restrooms I know in Frankfurt that are more disgusting than these are the ones in Südbahnhof.