“One of the best Airport Hotels at a major Airport Hub” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel

You added Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The SQUAIRE, Am Flughafen, 60549 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #4 of 266 Hotels in Frankfurt
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“One of the best Airport Hotels at a major Airport Hub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The 10-15 minutes walk from the Airport Terminals can be a pain if travelling with more than 2 pieces of check in luggage, especially as Frankfurt Airport is alway very busy with people traffic. But, it's not much worst than say, at Sofitel Heathrow, or even Hilton at O'hare, Crowne Plaza at Changi or Regal Airport Hotel Hongkong. With a load of luggage or small children, for less walking, I would go via Hotel Shuttles to off airport hotels.
As a Diamond Member, check in was efficient, courteous and welcoming. The room offered was on the 9th floor for executive members. The executive club on the 10th was quiet, relaxing and provided some afternoon and evening snacks and drinks.
The room was very quiet, perfectly insulated from aircraft noise. I went for a walk outside this massive Squaire Building from the Hilton roadside exit and the sound of incoming flights was quite loud.
The room itself was comfortable, not large, wardrobe space was a bit tight. Lighting was excellent. Only problem that I had was trying not to flood the bathroom floor during a shower, as the bottom seal of the swinging class panel to the top of the bath tub didn't do it's job well.
I had breakfast in the restaurant one morning and in the Executive Club the next. I found the food from both were fresh with good choices, a particularly huge choice in the Restaurant. There was great service in the Restaurant and self service in the Club.
A very restful stay in this hotel, same as previous stays.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel is directly inside the airport, we were staying in Frankfurt just one night leaving Munich on the way to France and it was perfect to be already inside the airport! We got in Thursday night on the train from Munich which was inside the airport as well, when we checked in we got train directions from the staff to shopping and a nice dinner in the city, it was a nice stay!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
JAPAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

On our way from Bali to spend the holidays with friends in London, we stopped in Frankfurt to experience their Christmas Market. Where else to stay than at the most convenient place around, the Airport Hilton. A short walk from the terminal, a superquick efficient Check-In and within 30 minutes after the aircraft door opened we were in our home which had a beautiful view over the Stadtwald. This time we were lucky to score a corner suite which came with two bathrooms and was very spacious, just what we needed with all the shopping planned. A five minute walk brings you to the train station and very quickly one arrives in the City Center. Can't get any better. Hotel staff was great as always and my restaurant reservations were taken care of dyas before our arrival. We did have some issues with housekeeping but will adress that on our next stay. The Executive Lounge is a wonderful oasis, sadly access to alcoholic beverages like wine and good German beer is very limited, for only a couple of hours until 8 p.m., if I remember correctly. Soft drinks are still available at all times. We had breakfast complimentary and it is absolutely perfect, although the seemingly increasing flow of Chinese tour groups and their complete disregard of etiquette destroys the tranquillity that I associate with breakfast. Alas, that's not the hotel's fault and we had great three nights in Frankfurt. Looking forward to our next trip.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
FRAAPGM, Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Weissbier,
Thank you very much for your outstanding feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Frankfurt Airport!
We truly appreciate you keep on returning to our hotel and are very glad to note that we remain your first choice for your overnights at Frankfurt Airport. Please let us know during your next stay in case you encounter any issues, as we want to make sure that each stay is a most memorable one!
Weissbier, you are right indeed, there is no queueing for the taxi, no waiting for an airport shuttle, nor would our guests even have to go outside after they arrive, no matter if you arrive by, plane car or train... The hotel is connected by Skywalk to the main terminal (T1) of Frankfurt Airport, while the high-speed train station (ICE) is under the building. Cars can be parked immediately below the hotel lobby level, an elevator will take you up one floor and you arrive at the Hilton reception.
Weissbier, we are very much looking forward to welcome you back to Hilton Frankfurt Airport on your next trip!
Warm regards,
C. Muller
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

To preface this review, I've been a Hilton Diamond member for several years running now, so needless to say, I've stayed at a lot of Hilton properties for both business and pleasure, both in the US and abroad.

Now onto the review.

First the compliments. The hotel is very nice aesthetically, and the rooms and appointments are also very nice. I would say it's on the higher end of the Hilton properties.

If you're fortunate enough to have access to the Executive Lounge, you're in for a treat, because they have beverages and small snacks available all day, in addition to the standard breakfasts and evening h'ordeurves that most high end Hilton properties offer their lounge guests. I've stayed at many Hilton hotels with a sorry excuse for an "Executive Lounge" where there were no amenities; just a place to sit and maybe get some water.

The fitness facilities are outstanding, with a full suite of equipment and weights. But wait, it gets better, because there's also a sauna and a steam room! FYI for the ladies, please be warned that the sauna facilities are "nudity permitted", and unisex.

The location is definitely not in a hopping area of Frankfurt - it *is* at the airport afterall - but if you're doing an overnight layover or you have to get up wicked early to make your next flight, the airport is only a quick 20 minute ride on the S Bahn. There's also a small grocery store in the Deutsche Ban main terminal that's open late, so you can always get the bare essentials if you don't have lounge access or you miss the evening h'ordeurves.

So with all of the positives above, why only 3 stars, you may be wondering? Well, I had to dock a full star for the atrocity of the bar staff (as of late-February 2015).

To make a long story short, I ordered a drink off of the menu and when I was met with a blank stare, I not only showed them where it was on the menu, but they insisted that they know how to make it, even after I repeatedly asked if they were sure about that, and that I would be happy to order something else. After a comical scene involving two bumbling, clueless bartenders, a third reinforcement, the drink was undrinkable. At this point, I had been kept waiting for at least ten minutes, during which time I asked for a glass of water that never came (asked twice, even).

At this point, I believe that most people would be expecting some kind of explanation and an effort to make it right. ESPECIALLY at a high end Hilton property. Instead, I was asked what else I wanted, (no apologies for the previous gaffe, mind you), then proceeded to charge me full price. Now I'm not an entitled SOB in general, but given the situation, (end of the night after a somewhat stressful day), all I wanted was a drink and after being lied to, kept waiting, then denied water, I was pretty pissed off.

Dear Hilton Frankfurt airport management. If you are reading this, know that the bar staff needs some serious training in both mixology and more importantly, customer service. I believe many Americans and loyal customers choose Hilton properties abroad for a reason, so you need to pay special attention to the expectations of those customers (even though we are well aware that some of our idiosyncrasies don't make any sense in Europe). If I wanted to order a Bier or Apfelwein with a surly attitude to go with it, I would have stayed at a Mercure.

If it wasn't for the lobby bar and its incompetent staff, this would be a solid 4, 4.5 star review.

Lyndhurst, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here one night while in transit to Doha. I got in about 5 hours earlier than expected and was surprisingly able to get a room at 6:30am. It took me about 20 minutes to walk to the hotel once I cleared immigration. Service was outstanding, décor was nice, food was good. I got upgraded to the Executive Lounge, which was nice. My room was good - small sleeping quarters, the bathroom area may have been larger than the room. The desk was nice, numerous electrical outlets from various countries. By train, I got to downtown in 25 minutes as the station is attached to the hotel - 5 stops and you are in downtown Frankfurt. By cab, it is 20 minutes to Messe Hall.

I would stay here again in transit and/or if I was indifferent about sightseeing. If you are going to Frankfurt on vacation, I would not stay here as you can stay closer to the city, but for the money and the very practical use of this hotel, I would do this again. In fact, I would book more trips through FRA and use this hotel as a docking location for a day.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed this Hilton one night. The view from a room that faced opposite side of the airport is spectacle! I could see nothing but woods. Restaurant staffs are very friendly. Good location for transit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a great experience, I forgot my phone charger in the room, and after an e-mail it was sent to my office, I am very plesently supprised, although it was not an expensive item the fact that I had that extended service after I left was a great supprose.

Thank you NH Frankfurt Airport especially Madeleine Masthof

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Kyriacos G.
Thank you very much for your kind message and excellent feedback.
Reading your message towards the end I noticed that you actually stayed at a different hotel. For that reason I would like to make the Tripadvisor reader aware that your praise really belongs to the other hotel.
Kyriacos, I do hope that on your next stay in Frankfurt you will give us the opportunity to welcome you, as I can assure you that we will do our utmost to make sure that you keep on returning to the Hilton Frankfurt Airport for your future visits!
Warm regards,
C. Muller

Been to Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!