“Hilton- Well Done” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel

You added Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The SQUAIRE, Am Flughafen, 60549 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #4 of 265 Hotels in Frankfurt
Colorado
“Hilton- Well Done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I've reviewed this hotel before and I am a big fan. I normally stay at this hotel 3-8 nights a month and I think they are the standard of Hiltons in Germany.
What prompted me to write this review was their staff and management's attention to detail.
One reason that I prefer Hiltons are their standardization on Precor fitness equipment and a typically very suitable fitness room.
During my last visit (May 2016) I noticed that the headphone jacks on all 4 treadmills were intermittent, opened too large due to excessive use. I told the reception about this at checkout. It had bothered me the visit before (April), but I had not thought to do anything about it.
I just completed another 4 night visit. Each treadmill had solid and functional headphone jacks. I am convinced they had these machines services and the issue is resolved (but I am there again next week, so stay tuned).
In 98% of all hotels, the staff will listen and do nothing. This hotel is different. I really believe they listen, act and are focused on customer expectations. I had a similar experience last year at this location and the hotel bar agreed to continue to carry my sole gin (normal Tangueray) else lose my business.
Good job to the sites management and staff. It's not too common in Germany to find leading edge customer service. The Hilton FRA is doing this and remains my "go to" hotel in Frankfurt.

Room Tip: Avoid the 10th floor, right side (from the elevators). I've had rooms below the fitness room wh...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear COtraveller69,
Thank you very much for your fantastic review of Hilton Frankfurt Airport!
COtraveller69, we indeed do believe that our guests know best what they want, or need. Therefore we do listen to what you have got to say. I am glad that our team was able to also actually show that to you during your multiple stays. Although no hotel is perfect, and we certainly do not pretend to be, we strive to make our guest's stay as successful possible, that works most of the time indeed!COtraveller69, I do hope you keep on returning to Hilton Frankfurt Airport. In the rare and unlikely case it does not work out, please allow us to "make it up", as we would not want to loose a valued guest like yourself!
COtraveller69, we are looking are looking forward to welcome you back again soon!
Best regards,
Charles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Nice room and NO noise from landing aircrafts.
Everything is added to your bill. Breakfast, internet connection (€19 pr day) ++

NB: I was charged €40 for using a different credit card when checking in !

Dear Tore T.,
Thank you very much for your kind message, especially for highlighting the beauty and excellent soundproofing of our rooms!
Indeed, all consumptions during your stay are added to your room-folio, including breakfast, unless you have booked a rate which includes breakfast. The usual price for our high speed internet is €19 per 24 hours. This provides you with a secure browsing environment and allows you to download large files, or watch videos, amongst others. Also, no problem to connect your iPhone, iPad and laptop as you can connect up to 3 devices without any challenges. For all our HHonors Diamond and Gold guests internet remains free of charge. Anyone can sign up to the HHonors program on the HHonors website. Once you are signed up you can also collect points and miles for stays in hotels at more than 4,000 locations accross the world!
Tore T., we are looking forward to welcome you back again in the future!
Warm regards,
C. Muller
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My son and I had a flight out the next morning and what a great place to stay in prep. Unless you were sleeping in the terminal - you cannot get any closer. Besides the location - this is an excellent hotel. The executive club was one of the best I have experienced and the room was top notch.

BTW - Try the Risotto w shrimp at the "RISE" restaurant. Outstanding!

Room Tip: Even if you do not have Hilton Status - pay extra for the executive level
Dear Keith L,
Thank you very much for your great review of the Hilton Frankfurt Airport!
It gives us great pleasure that we could contribute to some good quality "father-son" time! Indeed the hotel is just a short walk away from the main terminal. Thank you also for recommending the RISE Restaurant in our hotel, the Risotto is also one of my favorite dishes and a top seller on the summer menu.
Looking forward to welcome you back again soon to Hilton Frankfurt Airport!
Warm regards,
C. Muller
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Let's face it, any staying at a layover hotel is always going to be a slightly desperate affair. You are only there because you are in transit and want it to easy and simple. If you are transiting via Frankfurt then this is the place to stay. Very modern and new with facilities of a very high standard. Right in the airport complex - which means that you can walk to the appropriate terminal easily - it means a no-stress stay before you catch your next flight. The staff all spoke English - which is important for travelers like me - although most conversations I heard were actually in German. Wireless worked in the room without any issues. Was very quiet too. My room overlooked the motorway/forest, which might sound weird but was a nice outlook.
The hotels is actually located within a building known as the Squaire and the inner rooms presumably face inwards.

Understandably the only reason we stay at airport hotels is because we are in transit - this hotel is perfect if you are transiting Frankfurt: literally within walking distance and very new and modern, and quiet. Hard to ask for more really.

It is not, however, for the budget traveler. I am sure there are cheaper deals than the USD175 I paid. So if you are on a tight budget probably best to look elsewhere. But for convenience and comfort, it is worth it in my opinion. However I accept for some it will too expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing away from the atrium/airport (North I think).
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Julia O, Office Coordinator at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear KiwiTraveler23,

Thank you very much for your great review.
The easy location right next to the busiest German Airport is indeed quite exceptional.

Thank you, KiwiTraveler23, for choosing the Hilton Frankfurt Airport for your stay.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel is actually at one end of the long haul train station and the train station is connected to terminal 1. It cost 12.50 euros per movie and 19.00 euros to use the internet for 1 day. The breakfast is good and the service at the hotel is very good. The rooms are palatial, the bedding is nice and the pillows are wonderful.

Dear Hoffman4,

We really appreciate your recommendation of the Hilton Frankfurt Airport. It is especially nice to hear that you enjoyed your room so much. It is our aim to make each stay pleasant and relaxing, we are very glad to note that the magic worked again!

We look forward to your return visit.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed recently for a business trip overnight. Great service from checkout to leaving. Special things were offering some speciality chocolates and a turn down service. Great rooms by the way and clean, modern rooms.

Room Tip: Join the Hilton Honors programme
Dear zzgdeed,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback here on Tripadvisor.
We are thankful for your great comments and are glad that you enjoyed the room, as well as the chocolates.
It would be a pleasure to host you soon again!

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was a short but delightful stay. I arrived late, around 9:30 pm. The reception staff was very nice. They upgraded me to the Executive floor, though the lounge was pretty much closed when I walked over to visit it. Only water and soda was available at the late hour. The facility is modern and the room was nice. I ordered weinerschnitzel for room service dinner around 10 pm. It arrived hot and was very tasty, as were the accompanying pan fried potatoes next day, it was an easy 5 minute walk to terminal 1 at the airport. The only problem keeping this from 5 stars was the checkout person. She did not ask, and I did not remember to tell her, what I wanted for my Hilton Hhonors Gold "bonus" (1000 points or breakfast). I walked three or four steps away, remembered and turned around to request the points as I did not eat breakfast. She said it was too late and that I had been awarded the breakfast. She was unapologetic. A call to Hilton later easily rectified the problem. An agent told me she should have made the change and it was an easy thing to do.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Julia O, Office Coordinator at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Tripp F,

We really appreciate your comments here on TripAdvisor. It is delightful to hear that you enjoyed your room and the room service.
We regret the inconvenience during check out. You can be assured that we will follow up on this.

It would be a pleasure of having you stay with us again.

Julia O

Been to Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!