“Would Stay Again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The SQUAIRE, Am Flughafen, 60549 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 33%
Ranked #3 of 262 hotels in Frankfurt
Colorado Springs
“Would Stay Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband was in Frankfurt for business and I went along to enjoy Frankfurt and surrounding areas. This is a very modern hotel and the staff is extremely friendly and efficient. The breakfast is a typical European breakfast, very complete and good. The rooms are SO QUIET! Planes are flying very close since you're right at the airport, but we couldn't hear a thing! If you pull the darkening curtains you could sleep all day by mistake!! The location is wonderful because you can access local and long distance trains right there at the airport. I took trains to Frankfurt (about 15 minutes), Mainz (about half an hour) and Heidelberg (about an hour). It was incredibly convenient. My only negative comment would be that it costs 19 Euros a day to get the internet. For a hotel that serves so many business travelers I find this surprising.I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: They have interior and exterior rooms. We like one with an outside window so we can see the weather...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear colohightravelers,
How wonderful that you had such a great time in and around Frankfurt. Thank you for pointing out the convenience of getting around by public transport. The Hilton Frankfurt Airport is indeed an ideal starting point for exploring the region and although our beds are very comfortable and the quietness of our rooms is remarkable, it would be a pity to sleep all day and not see any of the sights Frankfurt has to offer.
Many thanks for your kind words on our team, I will gladly pass those on to my colleagues.
Colohightravelers, I truly hope you will visit us again in the not too distant future.

732 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

It's a best hilton hotel i've seen in europe and it was really good be it room or the service or the buffet breakfast.
I would refere this hotel to who ever wants to halt in airport on transit and even it's not that costly compared to other airport hotels world wide.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Praneethmr, Thank you very much for the great rating and for recommending the Hilton Frankfurt Airport to other travelers on Tripadvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Best regards
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

There are two “Hilton” branded hotels in the Frankfurt Airport complex – the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and the Hilton Garden Inn. They are both right next to each other, they share parts of the same building, and even the gym. This review is about the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel – which is positioned as the more upscale offering.

I have stayed previously at the Hilton Garden Inn. But for the middle-manager who is just surely one imminent step away from senior management greatness, the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel represents the “aspirational” choice.

I found the rooms at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel to be significantly more expensive than the Hilton Garden Inn although equivalent in most other ways. But to be fair, I think my room did have an extra chair and the bathroom is a little bigger. But not even a pen.

The food is more expensive too, and unlike the Garden Inn where you get free Internet, here you have to pay a lot extra for it (surely a sign that you are truly a high flier in the corporate world!).

So what do you get for all this at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport. For a start, the reception lobby is much larger and gives you a much grander feeling as you enter the hotel … and well, that’s it. Everything else pretty much the same as the Hilton Garden Inn, except the service, which is actually worse!

I appreciate that there are “Executive floors” where you get some more perks, but really?

One thing that is good at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport: when staying there you can look down at all those people checking into the Hilton Garden Inn and think how much better and more successful you are than them.

But I’ll share with you a little trade secret that the concierge whispered to me – you see those people at the Hilton Garden Inn, they are the ones that are looking up at you and laughing silently at your stupidity, sucker!

All in all, a generally disappointing experience with poor value for money, average service, and none of the aspirational oomph I would except given it’s positioning. This is true mediocrity, served with inflated prices and marketing rhetoric, at its absolute very best.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Middle M,
Thank you very much for posting your views about your stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I very much regret that you were not satisfied with your stay and the hotel.
With a Hilton and a Hilton Garden Inn hotel next to each other, it is our intention to give guests the opportunity to choose between two different brand concepts from the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. The full service concept of the Hilton hotel differs in many aspects from the focused service Hilton Garden Inn, such as bell service, mini bars or 24-hours room service, just to name a few. These differences allow everyone to find the brand that best fits their individual needs.
Dear Middle M, once again thank you very much for this extensive review, we truly appreciate the time you have taken to share this with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Why can I say about this Hilton Property other than WOW! Every time I come back to Frankfurt I stay here and it continues to please me. Perfect location for anything. First off the property is beyond clean and is decorated and up to date. The front staff is very very nice and helpful.
It's pays off to be at least a Gold Hilton Member when staying here. No matter where you request a room you will get a good nights sleep.
One would not believe the approach for the airport is above you and a major roadway and train station is underneath you. The windows in the entire property is sound proof.
The lobby elevator reminds me of Something out of Willy Wonka being an all glass, 6 panes of glass.
The only complain I have is I'm 6'3" and I was given a room with 2 twin beds, did not really sleep that well and I'm a Diamond Member and was later informed the End/Upper level suites were available and I was never offered them.
In all I highly recommend this property anytime you visit Frankfurt. Stay here and take the short 15 min train ride into Frankfurt Am Main Train station and take the city in. Trust me I have stayed in numerous downtown properties and the value for money with upgraded features its worth it!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear 1manWOLFpack_12,
Thank you so much for this fantastic review! And of course thank you also for staying with us several times already, we very much appreciate your loyalty! Due to the latest in sound-proofing you are indeed not able to hear anything from outside. This is why the hotel is often described as a tranquil island within the always busy surroundings of the airport.
I will gladly share your compliments about the friendliness and helpfulness of our team with my colleagues.
With regards to the bed, you might want to ask our reception team for your preferred room next time, we are always happy to accommodate your wish, if availability allows.
1manWOLFpack_12, once again many thanks for your comments. We are very much looking forward to welcome you back again!
brussels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I generally do not stay in chains like Hilton or Sheraton except when it is very convenient like in airports . This is the case for this Hilton located in the airport . The design is superb , the rooms very elegant, the executive lounge quite practical and the service very good . Although in the airport and along a main road you do not hear the slightest noise in the rooms .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, Brutravel, for being our guest at Hilton Frankfurt Airport and for giving us the opportunity to show you that our hotel has much more to offer than only the ideal location for travelers.
It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Especially your compliments on our service team are much appreciated.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back!
Best regards,
Naas, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Futuristic. Quiet. Location is A stroll from terminal 1. Spacious rooms. Great staff. Lovely gym. excellent.

As airport hotels go, they don't come better than this. Only comment is that the Hilton Garden Inn is next door and probably cheaper for much the same service.

Will definitely return.

Great idea for all hotels - plug sockets for several territories so no need for power adaptors. Why can't other hotels think of something so simple!

What more can I say though...... Really lovely!

Stayed July 2013
Dear LiamTraveller,
What more can I say than Thank You so much for this outstanding review. It is a pleasure to read that you were so happy with your stay at Hilton Frankfurt Airport.
The power sockets for US and UK plugs are indeed a very practical solution, especially for our international guests travelling all around the world.
I hope your travels will take you back to Frankfurt soon.
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great location with train and plane access. Very modern design, rooms well appointed, comfy beds, clean, friendly, and good food. We overnighted in order to catch a flight, but spent the day in the city after checking in. Can't believe how quiet it is, we watched jumbo jets approaching for landing right outside the windows and couldn't hear them! If we hadn't seen them we would not have known they were there. Amazing.

No free WiFi except 1 hour in the lobby, then 19 euros for 24 hours. Really? Stayed in 4 hotels in 2 weeks and this was the only one without free WiFi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Allen L,
“Location, Location, Location”, thank you for mentioning Conrad Hilton’s famous quote. It truly applies to the Hilton Frankfurt Airport with its easy access not only to the airport and the high-speed train station but also to the city center. And Frankfurt with its many sights is definitely worth exploring.
Allen L, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in almost every aspect and I hope that we will be able to say “welcome back to Hilton Frankfurt Airport” soon!
Best regards,
Christiane K

Been to Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!