“Conveniently located for FRA airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The SQUAIRE, Am Flughafen, 60549 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €106
Ranked #3 of 262 hotels in Frankfurt
Helsinki, Finland
“Conveniently located for FRA airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I chose this hotel due location. First I was to overnight at Hilton Garden Inn, next to this Hilton Airport, but they did not have Double rooms available. I do not know difference between them, nor did a friend who stayed at Garden Inn and visited our room.
Hotel is reachable on foot from Terminal 1, where e.g. Lufthansa and Star Alliance operate. It is convenient that you can walk inside all the way and you are not at mercy of shuttles, which tend to leave front of you.
Both Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn are located at The Squaire, which is on top of long distance train station at Frankfurt airport. By the way, nice way to tour Europe, is by train!
By the arrival, you have to choose whether to enter Garden (left) or Hilton. Check-in process was efficient and uneventful normal hotel check-in.
According new security standards, only hotel guests with room key can operate elevator, which is nice, you don't need to worry about unauthorized people wondering around. Our room was located on the 7th floor and had a view to highway and further towards airport. Weather permitting you can watch planes landing, specially at evening looks cool with landing lights on.
Room was clean with normal amenities, tea, coffee, soap, shampoo etc. Nice touch at the bathroom was a scale. Otherwise very standard, but high quality room. I also underline, extremely quiet room.
We skpped recommended Hilton "Rise" restaurant and "The Fifth" Lounge & Bar and headed to a German style restaurant at Squaire, which has several restaurants and supermarket. Bar is nice for a night cap.
For those, who arrive from east and therefore wake up early, the fitness center is open 24/7, best way to start day. Our day started with cold shower, for some unknown reason hot water was turned off during the night. We did not report it before check-out as no use to fix it after a shower... The receptionist was not well prepared to take such feedback.
To summarize the hotel experience: Very good, quiet new hotel and very nicely located!

Room Tip: Room view towards airport.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear mWrite,
Many thanks for your detailed review on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate your excellent remarks on location, rooms and our fitness center!
The concepts of the brands Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn differentiate mainly in terms of services offered. While the Hilton hotel offers a so called “full service” concept, the Hilton Garden Inn is a “focused service” hotel, where you will not find the same range of services, but which still offers a high quality stay as you are probably used to from our different brands around the world.
Thank you also for addressing the shower issue upon check-out, I am sorry that you felt our team member did not react appropriately to your concern.
Apart from the rooms offering Airport view, and I fully agree on the exciting view of landing planes, the rooms on the other side look into Frankfurt’s large city forest. Travelling by train is indeed a very nice way of exploring Europe and there are around 185 ICE trains a day arriving and connecting to major German and European cities at the train station underneath the hotels.
Although I am sure you had a nice dinner in The Squaire, I can nevertheless recommend trying out our restaurant RISE during your next stay, you will also find great dishes with local touches on the menu.
Once again thanks a lot for your nice review!
Best wishes,
Christiane K

693 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Clean modern hotel which is excellent for business meetings as you can exit the airport and cross over to the hotel. Very modern design and modern clean rooms. A little confusing entrance since the Hilton Garden Inn is right beside but is separate. Not convenient if you need to go downtown or want to be a tourist

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear travelandtravail,
Thank you so much for the positive review of your recent stay at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport.
I am very happy to see that you were in general satisfied with your stay and the hotel itself. Both hotels, the Hilton Frankfurt Airport and the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, are indeed located directly next to each other in THE SQUAIRE East. Although you can walk from the airport to the hotel without ever having to leave the building, the hotel is also quite conveniently located vis-a-vis the city of Frankfurt. The airport’s local train station is within a few-minutes-walk and also by car it takes only 15 minutes to reach downtown Frankfurt.
Travelandtravail, I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Frankfurt Airport soon!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Superb fairly new property set in a shopping/business/conference centre on the airport site. There is easy access to all transit connections from here, just a simple ride down the escalators.

You do have to access it using the airport bus services but once you are in through the door and checked-in it is an absolutely superb experience.

We were upgraded to a junior suite which was gorgeous so I cannot comment on the standard rooms. Our suite came with every gadget you could want and plenty of floor space. The property is well insulated from airport noise and also (top marks) room to room and room to corridor.

Dining is a pleasant experience with a wide range of choices and a good kitchen team. Prices are not too outrageous given the class of property. Serving staff are all pleasant and professional with a wide range of language skills and good local knowledge.

I could not think of a better way to start or finish a journey. A top quality experience, one of the best in a long time ..!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tromsopete,
“A top quality experience, one of the best in a long time ..!” Wow, thanks a lot for these outstanding comments on Tripadvisor! Great to see that you had such a pleasant time at our hotel and that we could delight you with the upgrade to one of our suites. I am especially grateful for your nice comments on our kitchen and service staff, which I have shared with the team!
I understand from your remarks that you landed at Terminal 2. In addition to the complimentary bus service you can also take the "Sky train" to Terminal 1, from where it is just a short walk to the hotel. You never even have to go outside!
As you stated correctly, also the high speed train station is located just underneath the hotel building.
Being in the fortunate situation of having such a new hotel, we are able to provide our guests with the latest sound-proofing technologies, which is certainly of utmost importance, considering the great location of our hotel.
I truly hope we can welcome you back soon, to also make the start, or end of your next journey a most enjoyable one!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

During a conference in Germany, I stayed at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel. It was located in the complex where the conference was held. For me, to be able to do get around, without having to navigate throughout the city, was ideal. The accommodations were excellent; the food in the restaurants was fantastic.

Room Tip: There is no bad room. If you request a room near an elevator or escalator, you will not be bothered...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bob Y,
Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your recent stay at Hilton Frankfurt Airport with the Tripadvisor community.
I agree that especially for a conference guest like you, the easy access is of great importance. Moreover I am very happy that we were able to thrill you with our guestrooms and culinary offer, thanks a lot for your great remarks!
Bob Y, we certainly look forward to say” welcome back” soon!
Europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This Hilton was voted "Best International Airport Hotel" in 2012. And rightly it received several international awards.
Location is very convenient, just on top of the Frankfurt airport railway station (only 2 escalators up and you are in the hotel). Covered walkway to Frankfurt aiport and to the MRT with easy access to the city.
Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very nice decorated with latest technology. Only 2 little drawbacks in the room: no power outlet beside the bed and you cannot connect your computer or ipad with the flatscreen TV.
If you are noise sensitive you will love this hotel: although close to the aiport and with the highway outisde you hear absolutely nothing! Incredible, but there is no noise coming from outside. Really perfect windows (which of course cannot be opened).
Executive lounge is never crowdy and food is very good. I can really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is located in the SQUARE, a futuristic building neextt to the aiport. In the SQUARE you fi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Stephen D,
What could I reply to your outstanding review of Hilton Frankfurt Airport apart from a big "Thank You so much" for your kind words!
I agree that one of the many advantages of our hotel is the quietness of our rooms, thanks to the latest in sound-proofing which allows our guests to see the planes passing by rather close, but not hear them – often described to us as a surreal experience.
Thank you for also mentioning the great benefits of our Executive Lounge. Being located on the 10th floor this area provides all important factors for our guests who desire a bit more privacy and comfort.
Stephen D, it’s wonderful to see that the Hilton Frankfurt Airport appeals so much to a frequent traveler like you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to Hilton Frankfurt Airport!
eastcoast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip for 5 days. The rooms are very clean, and small but decent in size. Everything was new. You can take the train to the main digs in the city, so you're very well connected to all the city activities. You're at the airport, so you don't need to worry about missing your flight back :) and the airport is a place to explore in itself. The hotel is in a shopping plaza but mostly restaurants. All I can say is even though this hotel isn't in the city itself, it is very well connected. Trains are safe. I would stay here again. Oh, and it's in the middle of the highway, so you have no nice view, but zooming cars. Nicely sound-proofed, though, so don't worry about noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear travlr24Eastcoast
Many thanks for your great review on Tripadvisor. Having opened the hotel in December 2011, our facilities are indeed new and the entire hotel is fully sound-proofed. I agree that the connection to the city center is very convenient whereas the airport with its many shops and facilities is worth to be explored as well. In terms of the guestroom views we also offer rooms with view to the city forest. Just ask our reception team when staying with us next time, we are always happy to provide our guests with their preferred rooms, if availability allows.
travlr24Eastcoast, once again thanks a lot for your comments, I hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Frankfurt Airport soon.
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I am a return guest to this hotel (3 other stays). As a Hilton Gold member, I've been treated pretty well. I was in the process of moving back to the USA, so I was very tired and just wanted to relax. The agent who checked me in was very friendly and efficient. The room was clean, and club lounge was great.

However, I have one complaint for this stay... Immediately after checking into the hotel, I noticed that my bathroom did not have a walk-in shower. I greatly prefer walk-in showers, and my last three rooms at this hotel all featured walk-in showers. I called the front desk and requested to switch to a room with a walk-in shower, but the agent on the telephone immediately informed me that "none of the rooms at this hotel have a walk-in shower." Keep in mind that the agent who checked me in told me that the hotel was only running at 30% occupancy (this was around Christmas). I was exhausted and didn't want to argue, so I just left it alone. Therefore, the immediate refusal of a room with a walk-in shower left a bit of a sour taste from this stay.

Overall, this is typically a great facility. Very nice and very expensive, but well worth it. I will return to this hotel, but will always ensure my room has a walk-in shower before going up to the room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Klaus M,
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport repeatedly and for posting your experience on TripAdvisor.
It is great to see that overall you are very happy with our hotel and the services provided.
I am sorry that last time you left our hotel with a less satisfied feeling. Please rest assured that the experience you had is highly exceptional indeed for our team members, as they do their best every day to fulfill, and even exceed our guests’ expectations. I highly recommend to communicate your room request prior to your next arrival, as we always try to meet these requests upon availability.
Many thanks once again for recommending Hilton Frankfurt Airport. We look forward to have you staying with us again, when travel takes you back to Frankfurt!
Ch. Muller

Been to Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!