“Good food is a big bonus if you're stuck!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport

You added InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport to your Saves list
InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Am Luftbruckendenkmal 1 | 60549 Frankfurt, 60549 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Ranked #128 of 265 Hotels in Frankfurt
Tallinn
“Good food is a big bonus if you're stuck!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed at InterCity Hotel for one night, because of Lufthansa's several delays. There is a good connection with the airport - shuttle buses leaving every 30 min or so.
Service at the front desk was great (this is especially needed, if you're severely jet lagged and otherwise stressed). Wifi is not included, so keep this in mind.
The room was very comfortable and clean. Bathroom was also nice, but there is only liquid soap and no shampoo/conditioner, which can be bad news if your luggage is still at the airport.
Dinner and breakfast at InterCity Hotel are epic. There is an amazing selection of everything (even at midnight) and you can also take some fruit, croissants and coffee from the breakfast with you, if you're headed out. This was a real life saver.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IC474, Manager at InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear EvaEST,

thank you for writing a review of your stay in our house. We are very happy to hear you had a pleasant stay.
We are pleased we can offer free wi-fi since 1st January 2014 to our guests. We are happy to read you enjoyed our food variety and quality. We will happily pass your praise to our kitchen.
It would be great to see you soon again in our hotel. Best wishes to beautiful Tallinn.

InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Travelled to Frankfurt for FiE 2013 last month.

Was a little apprehensive as it seems to be located in the middle of nowhere. All thoughts were assured when I caught their shutterbus from Frankfurt Airport to the hotel (10-15mins max). Nice helpful staff when we checked in, with plenty of details about their shutterbus €7 for the whole period of stay, including free Frankfurt city travel card! Saves my company travel cost when we used the rather efficient public transport.

The rooms were ok. I was put in a triple room. A little overkill but the room overlooked the Rastaurant courtyard, which was nice and quiet during my stay. My UK Sky (The Cloud) Wifi somehow managed to connect with the hotel's The Cloud service, which was a bonus for me.

Breakfast was nice and early, with plenty of fresh food and choices! They even provided a roll of cling film for anyone to make a pack lunch when one is on the go! Best idea I've come across since my business travels.

In the evening, the bar is small but ample for my needs. Again, nice staff, good pints of beer and nothing better than watching England v Germany in a full bar, in Germany. Thankfully I support Germany *phew!*

Would happily use this hotel again, even for personal travel if I ever want to visit Frankfurt again. Well priced, good meals, free local public transport and friendly staff. 5*!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IC474, Manager at InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear SeeJayThinks,

thank you very much for the great review of your stay in our house.
We are really glad to hear you appreciate our helpful staff. We do always our best to make our guests smile.
We hope to see you again soon at your next stay at Frankfurt Airport.
All the best until then and greetings to Wakefield.

Your
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My stay was arranged by Lufthansa after their delay caused me to miss a flight. Shuttle took me to the hotel and back to the airport for free (apparently paid for by Lufthansa?). Dinner and breakfast was also supplied by Lufthansa. I took my dinner at the hotel pub - it was solid enough, and I appreciated that they served food (and beer) after midnight. Wifi cost 15 or so euros for a day, which is a bit much, but it seems like they're planning to install free wifi for 2014, so it's good to see they're aware of and addressing this.

Check in was simple and effortless, reception staff was really nice. My room was also pretty good - very spacious, nice bed, comfortable room overall - simple, but it had everything I needed. Bathroom was on the smaller side but not so small that it was an issue at all. The shower was quite large compared to the rest of the bathroom, so that was nice. Overall the room had everything I could ask for for a short stay.

What really set this hotel apart and earned it my 5 star rating was its breakfast, which was really, really good. On top of all the usual stuff you find in breakfast buffets, they also had a couple of excellent cheeses (camembert, brie), a great selection of hams, including a German version of parma ham or jamon serrano, a great selection of yoghurts and cereals, fresh sourdough bread and a bunch of other good things. I would come back for this breakfast (at 22, it is on the expensive side, but Lufthansa paid for it, so..)

Other than that, hotel was quiet, felt safe, it was really close to the airport (10 min drive maybe?). Everything worked well and went smoothly. It's not a luxury hotel, but it does what it needs to do perfectly (I had just returned from a trip where I had stayed at a more expensive and higher rated hotel, and InterCity Airport Frankfurt Hotel was better on all categories). On top of that, the breakfast was exquisite.

For that, this hotel deserves 5 stars.

A suggestion would be to have a quicker laundry service or at least invest in a coin operated laundry machine + drier. I arrived at 4 pm and left at 7 am, and they were unable to offer laundry service between that time. Which I guess is not an enormous timeframe, but this is supposed to be a hotel for quick stays for travelers. I had planned a 2 day trip, but it became a 3-4 day trip because of the flight cancellation that led me to this hotel in the first place. Therefore I had clothes with me for 2 days, not for 4. It would have been nice to get a chance to have my clothes washed - I imagine a bunch of visitors who are made to stay at Frankfurt over flight cancellations etc like myself would like to have the option to get their clothes cleaned quickly.

Other than that, everything was great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
IC474, Manager at InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Alex T,

thank you very much for your great entry of your hotel stay.
It's nice to hear that you enjoyed the accommodation in our house.
We would be glad to welcome you again to the more than basic InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport.
All the best for you and greetings to Athens.

Your
Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

When booking my Lufthansa flight to Nurremberg I was concerned about 45 min changeover to connecting flight and yet again did we miss our flight in Frankfurt due to initial delays in Birmingham. After running the breadth and length of Frankfurt Airport to catch our connecting flight, we were informed that of course we were too late and vouchers were at the ready for us to stay at the Intercity Hotel just a 15 min. shuttle bus ride away from the airport. After a swift check-in, we checked out our spacious room, clean and fresh, not one or two, but three beds and took the lift back down to cash in the €20 food voucher. A great spread of a buffet was still on offer from meats and fish to hot and cold foods, salads and dessert. The staff was very friendly and helpful (not to forget that it was past 22:00 hrs). Stuffed and happy we turned to the bar for a quick drink, then sleep as we had to catch an early flight to our final destination. The shuttle bus which runs every 30 mins took us back to the Terminal in the morning, so all in all a pleasant disruption to our weekend. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Quiet, friendly, accommodating. Perfect stop over!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IC474, Manager at InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear AnnaSus1866,

thank you very much for your great review of your stay on tripadvisor.de.

We are very happy to hear that you had a nice stay in the InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport.
Additionally it’s nice hearing that you appreciate our hotel as a good transit hotel.
We would be glad to welcome you again.

Best wishes.

Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed at the Intercity hotel for a night, paid by Lufthansa due to a missed flight. The biggest inconvenience was actually the wait for the shuttle bus; this goes every 30 minutes but it seems I had to wait exactly that long, and there are plenty of shuttle buses going to different hotels. But once there, everything was OK. The only misleading thing was a big poster at the reception advertising for free Wi-Fi in all rooms "now", but the small print says it's only from 2014 on. Weird. Anyway, the paid Wi-Fi worked fine. The dinner buffet offered a nice choice of food, same for the breakfast. Everything's clean and tidy, so nothing to complain about, really. The Berlin airlift monument is in walking distance (less than 10 min) and worth a visit.

Dear thearndt,

thank you for taking your time to make a review at tripadvisor.de.

Our housekeeping team will be very happy that you mention our clean rooms.
Furthermore it’s nice hearing that you liked our dinner and breakfast buffet. We set a high value on our variety and quality on the buffets.

We hope to see you soon at your next stay at the InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport.

Best wishes to Stockholm.

Dunkerton, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Fairly spartan hotel located at the Cargo Sud exit at the Luftbrucke at Frankfurt airport. Shuttle service is a full sized bus and while it used to be free the charge is nominal considering how close you are to the airport and being delivered to your concourse in less than 10 minutes it is worth it. The rooms are clean and functional, nothing fancy. But, what are you looking for the night before you return home? There is a nice bar and restaurant there, so really all your night before a flight needs are really met. Hotel is reasonably priced (about 68 Euros).

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor. Elevators can be congested at take off time and lugging your...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear CSimo,

thank you very much for writing a Review of your stay in our house.

We are happy that you had a comfortable stay at InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport.

We would be glad to welcome you again.

Best wishes.

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I booked the hotel via hotels.com or booking.com, and it was the cheapest hotel in is actegory available on 4 Dec
Big mistake, cheap is always more expensive when trying to make a good bargain
Bed room are ok, nothing special, but nothing you can really compalin for the price
Service is VERY bad. Employees need a training or need to be re train

When at the hotel you are in the middle of nowhere, but that mostly the case in an airport hotel. It this one they will make you souffer to have chose them
To go back to the airport, they will charge you Euro7 to take a bus running every 30 minutes, so that if you decide to get back to the airport for a light meal and a quick visit to the supermarket, you already spent Euro7 just to use the hotel bus. If you are 2 , it will be Euro14...enjoy the ride at this price and the bus is not event a nice one ...

Then if you want to connect to the internet they will charge you Euro14 and if you are already in your room and it is 11PM , they will still ask you to go down to the front desk to sign for the voucher.

By the way when I went down at 11PM in my shorts and teeshirt , they where not able to find out my registration form with my CC approval for the extra, and ask me to ge back to my room to get the CC

I refused and stressed them to clean up their mess and they finally found out my file and CC approval for my extra

Most of the employees at the F/O are probably young trainees and they need the supervision of a senior team member, however the senior team member is useless and rude

Consider this hotel only if no alternate hotels around as yiu will not enjoy staying there and will end up on trip advisor late at night to make sure travelers won't end up here

Won't come back, won't even consider the hotel even in case of emergency

Room Tip: use anyother hotels on th airport and avoid Intercity Airport
Dear tck1804,

thank you very much for writing a review of your stay in our hotel. Sorry that your stay was not to your full satisfaction.

We are very sorry about the bad experience with our staff. We make sure this will not happen again in the future.

Our Internet and also our shuttle bus are from an external company and we don’t have influence on the prices. In 2014 we are happy to offer free wifi to our guests.

It would be great to see you soon again in our hotel.

Greetings to London.

InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport

Been to InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!