“An exellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Steigenberger Airport Hotel

You added Steigenberger Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Unterschweinstiege 16 | 60549 Frankfurt, 60549 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Ranked #42 of 264 Hotels in Frankfurt
Tel Aviv, Israel
“An exellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

An excellent hotel. The hotel provide you with very good services and accommodation. Easy to approach with shuttle bus every 15 minutes from Frankfurt airport. Five minutes drive only. Good restaurants. Rich breakfast and nice bar.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
airporthotelfra, Executive Office at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Zvi H;
Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay with us and that you have given us a perfect score at TripAdvisor.
We are very pleased that you were so satisfied with our service and the location of our hotel.
I hope you visit us again at Frankfurt Airport.
Many greetings to Tel Aviv
Francesca Sambito & Steigenberger Airport Hotel Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

It's an overpriced average hotel. Quite close to airport (5 min) and they have their own transport running b/w terminal 1 and 3 to hotel and back. Room in which i stayed (333) was a small one however bathroom was large enough with bathtub. I was disappointed with breakfast and dinner as there was no veg. dishes..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
airporthotelfra, Executive Office at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear naveentrivedi;
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your stay in our house.
Our hotel is a five star category hotel located 900 meters from Terminal 2 and around 1500 meters from Terminal 1 of the third biggest European airport. It offers four room categories at the moment, starting with classic rooms in the standard up to spacious modern and stylish executive rooms.
I would like to inform you that we move in the middle price level with our price performance ratio. Compared to some other hotels at Frankfurt Airport, we offer lower rates.
We regret you have been disappointed with the food offer. At the same time we are surprised about your comment since every one of our four restaurants can serve vegetarian dishes.
It would be our pleasure if you do visit us again.
Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

On arrival past 8 pm and after waiting for a longer while (this being typical at this hotel) I was told that there was no room available for me and I have to wait for a non-determined time until one is ready or I can pay extra 30 Euro and have an upgrade - not nice ... This is German efficiency and business prowess ... (yes, I had a standing reservation with guaranteed late arrival). I had to stand my ground and waited another long while for a game of "I have to ask my manager" to conclude and finally I got a room. Bad experience despite being a returning customer. Rooms are average OK.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Konrad W;
Thank you for your comments about our hotel and that you have taken the time for it. This helps us to check and to improve our services.
I'm sorry you had to wait at our front office. During your last stay the Paperworld fair was taking place in Frankfurt and the hotel was nearly fully booked. In this kind of situation it may occur that many people are trying to check in at the same time. At the moment we cannot tell why your room was not ready in the evening. We regret you had to wait. Our front office staff intention in regard of their offer was to get you into a room more quickly and afford a comfortable stay to you in one of our higher room category.
We do hope to welcome you again soon and make a more satisfying visit possible.
Best regards
Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Great room. Book an Executive room. Book through the website, other sites are WAY more expensive. Heated bathroom floor is VERY NICE. Don't go to Faces Restaurant. Not good and WAY OVER PRICED. Bar is a much better value. Easy to get to airport or other cities. We hopped down to Heidelberg for the day and it was great. Will stay here again if we have a morning flight back to the states.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are big and worth the extra money.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
airporthotelfra, Executive Office at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Brad S;
Many thanks that you took the time to provide your review and your comments on TripAdvisor.
I am happy to read that you felt comfortable in our Executive Tower. But our newly renovated superior rooms are worth getting to know as well.
I'm very sorry that the quality and ambiance were not adequate in the “Faces” restaurant. Our restaurant is known for very high quality and warm service, which is appreciated by many guests. There is also the restaurant “Unterschweinstiege”, an over 230 year’s old building, a former forester’s lodge, where you can enjoy traditional German food.
We are looking forward to welcome you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel close to the airport. Reception staff extremely helpful and professional. Give a big hug from me to the staff at the desk in the evening of Feb 7th. They were superb!! We were even upgraded inspite of the fact that the rate we paid was very low. A very nice surprise. Also what I liked in the spacious room was that the air conditioning worked like a clockwork. This is not obvious in most of the hotels. Most likely I am going to visit again. Thank you very much.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sami S;
Thank you for taking the time to provide reviewers on TripAdvisor your comments regarding the Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt.
We are glad you enjoyed our overall service and hotel amenities.
It will be our pleasure to forward your compliments to our front desk staff and their manager. They will be definitely delighted to find out their efforts are appreciated.
Whenever you should be travelling to Frankfurt we are happy to welcome you again.
Sondalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The hotel is only 5 minutes from the airport and a shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes. The lobby is large but it took a while before I could be checked in given the long queue. The room I was assigned was very nice with a small living room and a large bathroom (although no bathtuub was available) and confortable bed. Internet was free of charge. Breakfast was not included in the rate. I really spent a fortune in this hotel which I do not dare to write. Anyway I slept confortably.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
airporthotelfra, Executive Office at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear stone651128;
First of we would like to thank you for spending a few minutes in rating the Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt on TripAdvisor.
We are pleased to find out you have had a comfortable stay in overall. The arrangement you had was one of our suites in the exclusive Executive Tower. These, and also our new renovated rooms of the superior category offer special comfortable mattresses.
We would be glad to welcome you again. In case your reservation should not include the breakfast you can add it during check in for an advantaged rate. You will be delighted about the variety of food and drinks.
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Normally I am pretty organized with hotel booking and will book at least 6-8 weeks before my arrival for availability, better rates and promotion etc. So absent minded this trip I realized just before my departure I have not booked a room for Frankfurt especially during this crazy trade fair period with sky high hotel rates!! Hotels in city center for a 2 stars hostel like Meininger was 280EUR a night and Le Meridien was 480EUR a night !! I so look at the airport hotels for better rates room to stay, without reading much reviews I went for Steigenberger Airport. I booked through Hotel.com and made a mistake by booking a classic room (meaning room not yet been furnished) instead of executive room, as I realized only after I paid for an non refundable deal so no choice but to go ahead.

After reading more on the hotel with more negative than positive reviews especially on those classic rooms, I regretted picking this hotel and was so worry but prepared not to have a very good stay.

However, my stay turned out to be a pretty good experience at the Steigenberger Airport. My rate was only 120EUR per night, I stayed for 2 nights from 7th-8th Feb, the room is small but much bigger than those single rooms in the city like Victoria Hotel, Bristol Hotel. The décor is outdated as photos but you do not feel you are entering an old yarky smelly room, the room is very clean and tidy, the carpet is old but not dirty. You have everything you need in the room and it is comfortable. It is an airport hotel so you do not expect any personal touch, staff are not too friendly but everything were correct. Shuttle bus are frequent enough and only a short trip to the airport. They have 2 shuttles, one each to T1 & T2 so the trip is not long.

Free internet are available but its not really working or slow as they said, so don’t expect that you won’t get disappointed. There are 3 small lifts for the non executive tower, at busy time you might have to wait for a while to get into a lift so best ask for a higher floor room to avoid this problem in the morning. I stayed on 7th floor so not needed to wait.

Like most hotel you can hear next door opening and closing the door, bathroom door, tap in the shower in the morning, since this is an airport hotel so some people are leaving extremely early, you might hear those banging noise quite early in the day, I did but that does not bother me as I need to get up early to work anyway.

Make sure you put that do not disturb sign out your door if you plan to stay in a bit, my flight was at noon so I stayed a bit longer in the room on the day I leave since check out is 12pm. My door was knocked for 3 times from 8 am, they start cleaning pretty early.

Check in and out was quick. Good place for business and short stay. They have a nice pool and gym as well but did not have time to check it out.

Overall, personal opinion it is not fair to say it is a bad hotel, for what I paid for, everything is correct and I am happy with what I get. This is not a hotel for leisure.

I will consider this hotel again if I cannot find better deal in city center next time in Frankfurt.

Dear Aussie B;
Thank you very much for your very detailed feedback and sincere words referring to your visit in our hotel.
We are glad to find out that your unplanned trip to us turned into a positive experience.
As you sampled by yourself everyone has a personal sensation about given factors.
We are aware of the issue that our standard rooms aren’t up to date anymore. A part of them has been renovated already and is available as superior category already. If you wish to you can have an upsell during check in to any other room of our 3 categories, in case of availability.
Since January 2014 we offer free internet to our guests. It is available up to a limited speed. On request we do provide also high speed internet against payment.
Unfortunately our employees have not been able to convince you about our usual cheerful efforts towards our valuable guests this time.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you again when ever your travel plans should lead you back to Frankfurt. Do not hesitate to choose another room category according to your needs. And did you know you can travel easily to the city center from here? Just buy the ticket at our front desk, take the free shuttle bus which brings you to the train station at the airport within 10 minutes. From there just take the train and after 12 minutes you arrive in Frankfurt city.
We are looking forward to have you here again and prove our cordial competence to you.
Francesca Sambito & Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt

Been to Steigenberger Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!