“Good but no wifi in a rooom” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Steigenberger Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Steigenberger Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Unterschweinstiege 16 | 60549 Frankfurt, 60549 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Ranked #53 of 262 hotels in Frankfurt
Krakow
“Good but no wifi in a rooom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

United Airlines have sent ne to this hotel when my flight was cancel. The hotel is generally good. The staff helpful and nice. The food was ok, but not really better and with quite little choice. I had a room far away from the hotel centre and the wifi signal was too weak. So I had to walk with my laptop to a corridor to use it. It was a bit annoying.

Room Tip: Close to the lifts. Wifi is too weak in far away rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
airporthotelfra, Public Relations Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Ziolko;
Thanks for the good review of your stay and that you took the time for it even though you arrived “involuntarily” as a layover guest.
Please excuse the lowly quality of the Wi-Fi in your room. Last week we had some connection problems with the provider of this service, which have been resolved now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I hope you visit us again at Frankfurt Airport; you might join a beautiful tour of the interesting surroundings as well.
Greetings to Krakow

933 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Polish first
Cologne Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a very nice hotel - renovated lobby and rooms.
Convenient location: 5 minutes to the airport. Shuttle every 15 minutes.
Open bathroom integrated into the room. It is a vey stylish solution.
Open lobby bar and restaurant with good food.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear DrKnudel;
Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay with us on Trip Advisor.
We are very happy that you felt comfortable and have liked our facilities and our renovated Superior Rooms. It is a pleasure to receive so content words.
We would like to be your host again soon at Frankfurt Airport.
Kind regards to Cologne
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have stayed at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt many times over the years. We find the hotel conveniently located, we like the frequent shuttle service, the large comfortable rooms, the friendly staff and the good food with a choice of restaurants. We also enjoy the pool.

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed in are equally comfortable and completely soundproof!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marian C C;
Thank you very much for the great feedback on your stays with us and that you share your positive experiences on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to read, that you’ve visited us as often and were always satisfied with our service and your accommodation.
We are looking forward to your next stay at our hotel at Frankfurt Airport.
Kind regards to Ottawa
Cambridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I visited the Frankfurt Steingenberger Airport hotel for a business occasion. The room was prebooked, and I do not know the financial conditions.

The room I got was a regular size for an airport hotel, but small compared to what I experienced in other Steingenberger hotels. Based on the hotel website I had a "single standard" room. The decoration was rather dull but functional. The bed was a 120 cm. Sufficient for a night, but substandard. The bathroom was small, with an aged plumbing. The TV was a CRT one (!) with the standard german channels plus eurosport. The wifi is not free, unfortunately the norm in Germany. The monibar was locked bar and I cannot comment.

The hotel bar is in the lobby, and that feels like an airport hall. Not at all welcoming or cozy. It has a pretty limited collection of drinks (e.g. a dozen whiskies, among them the "Guiness collection").

The swimmingpool is nice and long enoug to allow real swimming. The spa was closed for refurbishment, much to my disappointment since it was one of the high points in the Leipzig Steingenberger.

The breakfast was diverse without being extraordinary (I hate automatic coffee machines).

All the personel was courteous and helpful.

Altogether, it is a standard hotel, with no particular flaws. But it was a big disappointment for me who expected something akin the abovementioned Leipzig Steingenberger.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear lenov;
Thank you for taking the time to publish your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I'm sorry that you were not as happy in your overall evaluation of our facilities and our offer.
The Standard Single Room is our smallest and most economic room type. I am pleased to inform you that we have more room categories that vary in features, size and decor. The minibar in your room was locked because the organizer, who has paid your room, did not approve the reimbursement for the minibar. We are happy to open the minibar upon a credit card for guarantee. This is a normal procedure in hotels of our size.
Please excuse that the sauna area was not available during your stay. We are just going to replace all saunas completely, so that a new, modern sauna area is offered soon.
Maybe you give us another chance when you come to Frankfurt next time. We would like to convince you of our hotel and facilities. I would suggest you to book a Superior or Executive room. Surely you'll be amazed.
Kind regards to Cambridge
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

At arrival we were told we got a free upgrade from executive room to a junior suite. Of course that was nice to hear.

Being inside the room there were some minor inconveniences like a TV which is placed so far from the bed that watching it from the bed is not very relaxing for the eyes. The blowdrier had to be held permanently which was very uncomfortable if not painfull and even though the booking site showed occupancy two people and a dog in the room i booked i was charged an extra 20 euros at checkout which was to my surprise.Otherwise the stay was good and the staff was friendly.
The location from the airoprt is good there are many trees and its quiet in the area with some office buildings, they have a very effiecient and free shuttle service that will take you to the airport in 5 minutes and runs every 15 mins.
All in all a good stay at a nice hotel at 95 euros a night for the executive room excl parking at 19 euro's per 24 hrs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Talmai;
Thank you for submitting your review on Tripadvisor.
I am glad that my colleagues at the front office were able to give you a free upgrade to a Junior Suite. It is regrettable that the plasma TV and the modern hair dryer did not meet your expectations. Sorry for the inconveniences.
Pets are welcome in all our rooms. There is always an extra charge of 20 EUR per animal, as the room needs to be cleaned especially since subsequent guests should not experience any interference by pet hair or odor.
We would appreciate if you may be our guests again soon.
Kind greetings from Frankfurt
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel because my flight to sfo was cancelled and United Airlines directed me to this hotel. The front desk agents were friendly and welcoming.

I bought the Wi-Fi because I needed a way to stay in contact with my family to let them know how long I will be in Frankfurt until I get rebooked to a flight. When I had to print my e-ticket in the business center it did not allow me to login; thus, the business center agent solved the issue for me by calling the server to completely log me off the system. However, this problem happened again the next night when I tried to print my boarding pass. It was around 10 pm so the business center agent already left and the front desk were the only ones I could ask for help. When I asked them for help the front desk agent did not know how to fix the problem so I informed her how the business center agent first fixed it.

The rooms are decent size and I like that there is carpet in the rooms. The bed was very comfortable. Although, I think the housekeeping staff could do a better job with cleaning the bathrooms. There were very visible water marks on the sink and counter so it gave me the impression that the rooms do not thoroughly get cleaned for every guest stay.

The bar staff definitely exceeded my expectations. After living in Paris, I was used to waiting patiently to be served. However, the staff at the bar were accommodating and efficient. The menu also had a wide variety.

• Stayed July 2013
airporthotelfra, Public Relations Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear piarod;
Thank you for the good review of our hotel and that you have invested your time.
We are very pleased that despite of the layover you still had a good time in Frankfurt and we were able to contribute.
Please excuse if the bathroom was not cleaned completely perfect in your room. This should certainly not occur.
I thank you also for your compliments to our team at the bar; I'm very glad to pass this to my colleagues.
Perhaps we may welcome you soon with us again? Next time hopefully “voluntarily” and without layover.
Kind greetings from Frankfurt
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel is Beautiful. The executive tower room was outstanding, loved the shower!!! The food was excellent and the staff went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. By far the best hotel I have stayed in for a long time. The only thing I would improve is the check in, it was a bit lengthy.

Room Tip: The executive tower room is the way to go.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tom S;
Thank you very much for the great review of your stay in our hotel.
It is a wonderful complement to our entire team that you were completely satisfied with our service, quality of food and your Executive Room. How wonderful that we could provide you a great stay.
Hopefully we can be your host again soon.
Many greetings to Dallas
Tina Schmidt & Steigenberger Airport Hotel Team

Been to Steigenberger Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!