I had to stay one night at the Steigenberger since my flight was delayed 24 hours. Since the Steigenberger Group belongs to the better hotels in Germany playing along with brands like Marriott or Hyatt I expected a specific standard but was partially disappointed.
With me about 300 other passengers arrived at the reception desk and most of them encountered an average service you would have gotten at every mid-class hotel. Although it was within the airline’s responsibility the hotel wasn’t able to provide any emergency kits for their guests. The only thing they handed out, and only if you asked for it in particular, was a small toothbrush and paste. Well, not what you should expect from a high end hotel.
The reception staff was not very attentive nor able to solve a case for me caused by the hotel. Other guests had different issues that couldn’t be solved as well.
In contrary, the staff at the hotel bar and in the breakfast room next morning paid a lot of attention, although bar and breakfast was packed with stranded passengers.
The rooms were outdated but quiet. The mini-bar was sealed, which made it complicated to get some beverages. Even more frustrating was the fact that the bathroom supplies were below average (only shower gel and soap)!
At least the hotel was in the middle of a redecoration, which seemed to come along with a room update. Maybe the re-design comes with a more attentive staff, and some more supplies for the guests. With the opening of the new Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn the Steigenberger will face big competition in particular handling general guests and no stranded passengers. For EUR 100-250 per night, depending the season they have to improve considerably.
+ close to the airport (provides shuttle, which takes 5 min)
+ quiet, almost no aircraft noise
+ comfy mattress
+ nice spa, but you have to pay to use the sauna
- below average service for a Steigenberger
- outdated furniture/design, which changes with renovation
- awful bathroom supplies
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt! The conference and business hotel with 570 rooms and 40 conference rooms at the Frankfurt Airport is the first choice address when it comes to business events and offers everything to make meetings, conferences, banquets, congresses or events a success. Only four minutes from Frankfurt Airport and reachable every 15 minutes with the free 24 hours Express-Airport-Shuttle, an oasis full of friendliness, professionalism and cosiness with a beautiful view into nature is awaiting you. Here, recreation and relaxation have top priority: before or after the conference, in one of the 40 conference rooms with a total of 2000 square metres on level-access flooring, in our four restaurants, on the summer terraces, in the pool with a panoramic view or at the catering. WiFi with a bandwidth of up to 256 KB/s is free for guests in all hotels of the Steigenberger Hotels AG. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Steigenberger Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Airport Frankfurt
- Hotel Steigenberger Airport