I made a reservation at this hotel for June 22nd, 2012, through an Expedia prepaid deal, which looked promising. On my reservation I had requested a non-smoking, quiet room. When I arrived, the receptionist assured me that she had given me a quiet room, but she did not inform me that it was a smoking room. After having waited in line for 15 minutes and carrying my heavy luggage to my room, I was dismayed to discover a smelly, dingy, old room, with a noisy ventilator. Because I could not get through to the reception on the phone, I had to return to the front desk, wait in line and finally make my request. At this point (it was only 5:30 pm), the receptionist told me they had no more rooms and that I had not indicated I wanted a non-smoking room on my Expedia booking request, which was incorrect. She finally spoke to a manager and gave me what she described as an "upgrade" in a newer section of the hotel. The new room was perfect for a single traveler and also quaint (see photos), but it was right next to the elevator shaft, so I hardly slept that night. Overall, a disappointing experience as regards customer service. It's only because the second room was quite nice that I am giving this hotel 3 stars. Room service was also prompt and courteous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt! The conference and business hotel with 570 rooms and 40 conference rooms at the Frankfurt Airport is the first choice address when it comes to business events and offers everything to make meetings, conferences, banquets, congresses or events a success. Only four minutes from Frankfurt Airport and reachable every 15 minutes with the free 24 hours Express-Airport-Shuttle, an oasis full of friendliness, professionalism and cosiness with a beautiful view into nature is awaiting you. Here, recreation and relaxation have top priority: before or after the conference, in one of the 40 conference rooms with a total of 2000 square metres on level-access flooring, in our four restaurants, on the summer terraces, in the pool with a panoramic view or at the catering. WiFi with a bandwidth of up to 256 KB/s is free for guests in all hotels of the Steigenberger Hotels AG. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Steigenberger Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Airport Frankfurt
- Hotel Steigenberger Airport