“Be careful with prepaid deals (old and new rooms)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Steigenberger Airport Hotel

You added Steigenberger Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Unterschweinstiege 16 | 60549 Frankfurt, 60549 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Ranked #42 of 264 Hotels in Frankfurt
Niles, Michigan
“Be careful with prepaid deals (old and new rooms)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I made a reservation at this hotel for June 22nd, 2012, through an Expedia prepaid deal, which looked promising. On my reservation I had requested a non-smoking, quiet room. When I arrived, the receptionist assured me that she had given me a quiet room, but she did not inform me that it was a smoking room. After having waited in line for 15 minutes and carrying my heavy luggage to my room, I was dismayed to discover a smelly, dingy, old room, with a noisy ventilator. Because I could not get through to the reception on the phone, I had to return to the front desk, wait in line and finally make my request. At this point (it was only 5:30 pm), the receptionist told me they had no more rooms and that I had not indicated I wanted a non-smoking room on my Expedia booking request, which was incorrect. She finally spoke to a manager and gave me what she described as an "upgrade" in a newer section of the hotel. The new room was perfect for a single traveler and also quaint (see photos), but it was right next to the elevator shaft, so I hardly slept that night. Overall, a disappointing experience as regards customer service. It's only because the second room was quite nice that I am giving this hotel 3 stars. Room service was also prompt and courteous.

Room Tip: Make sure you know what kind of room you are booking if you book online.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Public Relations Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Tigony,
I thank you that you have evaluated our hotel on Trip Advisor and for the time you spent.
First of all I apologize for the inconvenience of the room moving, also on behalf of the team at the front office.
Please note that the room that you received at check-in, was equivalent to the room category you booked at Expedia. I want to point out that there is no difference in treatment of online and direct booking clients in our hotel. Of course, my colleagues always try to meet requirements regarding location and facilities of the booked room. Unfortunately this is not always possible but depends on the occupancy of our hotel.
I fully understand that you didn’t want to sleep in a smoking room. Since there was no non smoking room available in the category you booked, you got a free upgrade to one of our new superior rooms (higher category). This is a service we are happy to offer upon availability. I'm sorry that you felt disturbed by the elevator and thank you for the kind comment about the room itself.
I am looking forward you visit the Steigenberger Airport Hotel again soon.
Kind regards from Frankfurt,
Tina Schmidt & Steigenberger Airport Hotel Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Arrived at Frankfurt Airport at 5:30 AM for a 7:30 meeting at the airport. Booked a room at the airport's Steigenberger for a shower and change of clothes. Arrived at the hotel at 6:30 am. They told me that since I have a "day room" I cannot get in before 7:00. But "They are sorry..." What ??? Anyway. I went to my first meeting in Jeans. They promised to call when the room is ready at 7:00. They never did. When I called to check why, they were sorry again.

Room Tip: Never actually got a room....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Public Relations Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear guest;
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt. This helps us to improve constantly.
First of all we would like to inform you that the statement of our staff at the front office regarding the day use room was correct. Day use rooms are available from 7.00 am, this should have been noted in your confirmation. Of course, we always do our best to check the room availability to provide the room even earlier. On this day we couldn’t offer this due to the occupancy situation.
For early arrivals before 07.00 am, we recommend booking a room for the pre-travel day, this guarantees the availability of your room at check-in, regardless of the arrival time next morning (until 12.00 am).
We can only apologize that you were not informed when your room was accessible. Reliability and service to our guests are very important to us and we will resolve this incident at our front office.
We hope you will be giving us another try returning to the Steigenberger Airport Hotel in the future.
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The hotel itself is very nice and up to date. I stayed in a junior suite because that was all that was available. The room was fantastic, clean, huge everything you could wish for. Well, actually the mini-bar selction was poor, but oh well.

Breakfast was pretty good, huge selection, fresh fruite, I mean you name it they got it. Only problem the price per person was 30+ euros. Like I said it was good but I am not sure how they justify that price.

As long as it is a business trip I would go back.

They also have a pool with I personally enjoy and a sauna with is 8 euro person, which I think is pretty weird, but I am not a "sauna" type of guy so i dont know if that is a standard thing.

Dear guest;
We appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel, the junior suite and our services. Our staff is regularly trained on service skills to ensure our guests to have a favorable stay.
We are also glad about you enjoying breakfast in our restaurant. I would like to inform you that the cost of our generous breakfast buffet is 28.00€ per person. If you reserve it the day before, there is a discount of 7.00€ per person. Most of our guests though enjoy the huge choice of extra-fresh food. For those of our guests who prefer to take some coffee and sandwiches, we offer a typical French bar breakfast or as we call it “fast breakfast” at the price of 9.50€ or a medium-size continental breakfast at the price of 16.00€ at your choice.
We are the only hotel at Frankfurt Airport, which has a pool. The pool and fitness center is available to our guests free of charge. For the use of sauna, steam bath and body treatments there is a fee charged by our subcontractor.
We hope we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again soon.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

horrible rooms
no english station on tv
surly staff

Room Tip: terrible hotel!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest;
Thank you for the evaluation of your stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel.
I am very sorry about your dissatisfaction with our hotel and services.
Our aim is to provide our guests with a place where they can on the one hand focus on their work and at the same time enjoy an all around well being. We train our employees on a regular basis in order to offer our guests the best service.
I would like to find out more details about your stay in order to improve our services. Please contact me directly at tina.schmidt@airporthotel.steigenberger.de - of course I'll be happy to call you back if you send me your contact information. Thank you in advance for your support.
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights over the course of three weeks. Three times I stayed in the executive tower and it was great. the rooms are new. the showers are terrific and there is easy access to the pool. One time i booked through an agent and got a substandard room.
The staff is very helpful. the food is delicious and the wine list is broad.

Room Tip: try to stay in the executive tower. this is a bit more expensive but definitely worth it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest;
I am pleased to hear that you had such favorable stays at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt. Others benefit from your feedback on TripAdvisor so I appreciate you taking the time sharing your opinion with us.
We are glad you enjoyed our overall services, the restaurants and our Executive Tower. You are perfectly right; at little extra cost you get a room in the executive area with forest views and a lot of more extras. Furthermore, I would like to inform you, that we plan to have all of our standard rooms renovated and updated by end of 2013.
We hope we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again soon at Frankfurt Airport.
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I got a day room here recently after an overnight flight from the east coast of the US to Frankfurt and I was quite pleased with the overall experience.

The shuttle from the airport to the hotel was easy to catch, timely and efficient. The check in process and counter service was very pleasant. The room was spacious and provided everything that I needed for a quick power-nap and shower. Beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were well-appointed.

I would highly recommend this location for a business traveler looking for an airport-friendly place to stay when in Frankfurt.

Room Tip: Try to get a newer room in the tower
Dear guest;
Thank you for taking time to comment your stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt.
We are glad that our staff and our day use room could please you in every respect.
Please note that the room photo that you published with your evaluation does not come from our hotel. Here surely there is a confusion of pictures.
We hope to welcome you again soon at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel. Why not try one of our four restaurants or enjoy a cocktail at one of our garden terraces during your next visit?
Helden, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

I stay in this hotel regularly. In my previous stay i was booked in a tower room. These are new, bright and modern furnished room. This stay i was unlucky. I got an old style, single bedroom ( so a real single bed, not a queen size). The airco was not working, opening a window is no option here. Just one towel, no turndown service, etc. The room was clean but the furniture etc is very old. For a price of 170 euro you just expect something else. I did tell the staff at check out, she just apologized. Had not really the feeling that she cared about it. Positive is the huge breakfast, the free shuttle to the airport and the lication which is very clise to the airport. So one tip: book always a superior room or a tower room.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear guest;
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your residence at Steigenberger Airport Hotel. You help us to improve our services continuously.
We appreciate your kind comments regarding our breakfast and location nearby Frankfurt airport. Thanks also for the compliment regarding our shuttle bus. As a matter of fact, our guests appreciate it because it runs between the hotel and the airport every 15 minutes at no charge.
We regret very much that you did not feel comfortable in the standard single room at your last visit. We apologize for the trouble caused and that we could not fulfill all your expectations. By the end of January 2012 we already renovated 84 standard rooms which are now available to our guests as new superior rooms. Since the renovation is an ongoing process, all hotel areas will be upgraded by end of 2013.
Please feel free to inform our front office team already at check in about your room type request. For a small fee you will receive an upgrade to a new superior room or to the Executive Tower.
We are looking forward to welcome you again soon at Steigenberger Airport Hotel.
Tina Schmidt & Steigenberger Airport Hotel Team

Been to Steigenberger Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!