“Gorgeous hotel, perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Save Saved
You added Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof to your Saves list
Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Am Kaiserplatz 1 - 7, 60311 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Altstadt)   |
Ranked #7 of 262 hotels in Frankfurt
Melbourne, Australia
“Gorgeous hotel, perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof in late June as a solo, female traveller in my mid-20s. This hotel was beautiful- I found the room size to be quite large (I stayed in the Deluxe Room), with a walk in wardrobe and large bathroom. The location of the hotel is in walking distance from the station if you are up to it (10 minute walk), but also in easy reach of all key sites in Frankfurt- including the Römer and Goethe Haus etc. The staff were very friendly and attentive, but the highlight of my stay was having dinner at the beautiful Restaurant Francais in the hotel. The restaurant staff were incredibly kind enough to secure me a table, despite the night being booked out! Their recommendations were also extraordinary. If you can, I would definitely recommend a sitting! I really thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and hope to return soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

557 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Greek first
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It's a five star hotel, expensive but not worth it.

I missed my flight from Frankfurt airport and decided to stay in this hotel and relax. My husband and I decided to sit down inside the hotel and have a drink when suddenly a 12 year old kid approaches us agressively, I screamed !!! SECURITY!!!! But nobody answered. The kid stole my husband's wallet and our room keys... We run after him but he vanished ... All this happened INSIDE THE RECEPTION OF THE HOTEL and nobody even approached us to help..
We went to the reception and asked them to call the police and then they arrived and took us to the police station to take our declaration... It was terrible!!! Instead of a relaxing evening it has become a nightmare.

The police took our declaration and fortunately there were witneses.. We arrived to the hotel late at night, we didnt have money not even for a taxi since we blocked all the cards... Nobody from the hotel called to offer a ride or send a taxi etc...
We came back to the hotel with the declaration and in the reception we received this answer:
"Frankfurt is known for high criminality"(!!!!! ) I don't care what happen in the city, i am in a 5 star hotel and it should be safe... You can not save on security..

We asked for a meeting with the GM and we were told that he will not be in the hotel.....it's just a desaster....
Not safe, not recomended at all.

Room Tip: Take care of your bags and your wallets.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

It's an impressive building at an excellent location, the staff is attentive and the breakfast good. However the hotel feels dated. Some threadbare carpet in the corridors and a general musty feeling (it is clean, it just doesn't feel "fresh").

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Perfect spot in the middle of Frankfurt, easily reachable and very convenient. Great suites and ambience and a very comfortable night all around. My wife especially liked the heated bathroom and the shower. In general, hard to find something to complain about.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sussex, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

For a 5 star hotel this is an underwhelming experience. It falls down on lots of the little points that most hotels in this class now take for granted. There is no selection of pillows on the bed, just two very full and unyielding bricks. These cannot be changed after housekeeping goes home for the night so a bad night sleep can be guaranteed. The towels are not fluffy and are only just white having seemingly endured thousands of washes. A tea and coffee making facility in the room? No chance. Not even a free, small bottle of water by the bedside rather two bottles placed for "my convenience" at a not very convenient Euro 7.50 each. The rooms are large - good - but sparsely decorated and unwelcoming. The service is functional without even the courtesy of a "did you enjoy your stay?" at checkout. I last stayed at this hotel 10 years ago and had forgotten why I had not been back. Now, with memory refreshed, I most definitely will not be

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Moritz_Klein, General Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear seagulls77,

Thank you for posting about your experience here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate feedback – be it positive or negative – as it helps us to improve our product and services. It appears that you had book one of the few standard rooms that we offer at the hotel and I regret that your experience at the hotel has not been a positive one. Though you expressed not to return again I would sincerely hope that you would indeed give it another try in our Grand Deluxe rooms. These newly renovated rooms offer not only a Nespresso coffee maker, but also include a complimentary bottle of water.
Please do let me know when you return to Frankfurt as I would be pleased to welcome you back to the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof.

Kind regards

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited this hotel 28.6.2014 to 1.7. 2014. wow it blew my socks off. We had a deluxe double room which exceeded my expectations. the breakfasts catered for everyone and were just mind blowing. the hotel was spotless the staff were on the ball all the time. attention to detail at every turn for me they left nothing out. Will be back and have told all our friends about it.
Thank you for making our 1st trip to Germany memorable.

Room Tip: Although the hotel is right on the road you hear no traffic. Maybe this we thought Frankfurt was a q...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Shirley A,

Thank you very much for your praise. This is much appreciated!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards

Larkspur, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As much as my wife and I always enjoy our annual brief stopover (2 nights) at the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, I continue to be irked by the fact that I am only offered standard Internet service free of charge. It seems petty for the hotel to charge additional for high speed service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Gary H,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are sorry that you feel bad about our internet service as we always try to please all of our guests. We do offer basic wifi connectivity free of charge across all our hotels at Steigenberger and due to third party providers have to levy a fee for high speed access.

Nevertheless I do hope to welcome yo back to the hotel soon and remain.

kind regards

Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Been to Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof? Share your experiences!