“Great Hotel at FRA Airport - Family Room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

You added Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hugo-Eckener-Ring 15 | Rhein Main Airport, 60549 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Ranked #51 of 265 Hotels in Frankfurt
Union, New Jersey
“Great Hotel at FRA Airport - Family Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

There were four of us traveling from Romania in the evening and then connecting to the USA the next day (flying standby - as we work for an airline). The hotel is right across the street from Terminal 1 - and a quick bus ride to Terminal 2. Even though the website says the Family Room sleeps only 3, there was a Queen bed, and two single beds in the room. Great bathroom with two sinks, a shower and a tub/shower combo.

We also had dinner at the Tavern restaurant. The servings were on the small side, and expensive - 100 Euro for dinner for 4 with only 2 beers and 1 desert.

If you have an overnight connection, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2009
Dear SWATraveler99,

I would like to say thank you for your wonderful and friendly commentary. I am happy to see that you and your travel partners enjoyed your stay at our hotel and were comfortable in our spacious family room.

I hope you also had a nice evening at our restaurant Taverne although you were not entirely convinced of the prices. We offer fresh fare of the finest quality and our chefs create culinary highlights that cater for all tastes. In terms of prices, we are aligned with our local competitors. I do understand your concerns but am convinced that you will not find a better cuisine for better prices in our vicinity.

Many thanks again for your time and efforts. I hope we will have the chance to see you all again before long at the Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers.

With best regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers, Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed here one night recently on our way to Austria. Attached to the Frankfurt airport, the hotel is just across the street and amazingly easy to check into. The staff was efficient and friendly, the hotel was modern and clean and attractive -- and we had easy access to the city via the trains in the same building as the hotel. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 22, 2009
Dear Mrs. caddyChicago,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and sharing your feedback with other travelers and us.

We believe that a hotel can only be as good as its staff. Your kind words about our employees are highly appreciated and it was a great pleasure for me to share them with my team. Our main focus is to make our guests feel at home and I personally put great emphasis on choosing team members with a very high level of commitment and expertise. Thank you for honoring our efforts. I am very grateful that you took the time to post your evaluation on Tripadvisor and hope you will let us know about your experiences again at your next stay.

We would love to welcome you and your husband soon again to Frankfurt and look forward to seeing you at our hotel.

Best regards,

Remington, IN USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

We have stayed often at Frankfurt Sheraton Airport Hotel and Towers, and find it to be a wonderful experience each time we are there. The personnel are friendly and courteous and always do all they can to help us with our stay and our arrangements.

Would highly recommend this Hotel

Gene Lehman

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 21, 2009
Dear Mr. Lehman,

Thank you for staying at our hotel again. It was a great pleasure for us to host you. I am very grateful to you for leaving such a kind and encouraging message at the hotel and adding another commendation on Tripadvisor.

I am happy that you always feel welcome and take pleasure in our services. We are always trying our best to make our guests feel at home. Thank you for your trust in our services and your loyalty to our hotel. I hope you will soon plan another visit to Frankfurt. My team and I look forward to seeing you soon again and I hope to meet you personally at your next stay.

Best regards to you and your wife,

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

For convenience to the airport you can't beat this one. Just walk to your flight. The rooms are dated and air conditioning is weak. Beds and duvets are nice and the soundproofing is good. The prices can be much higher than the neighbouring airport hotels that require a shuttle bus service - so only stay here if you can't spare the time to take a shuttle bus or if the company is paying. Maybe when the Hilton opens next year there will be some competition. Restaurants are expensive - eat in the airport instead.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2009
Dear guest phdtravel,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers for your recent stay in Frankfurt and for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay.

Our hotel is indeed at a very convenient location – and we do our best to make travelers as comfortable as possible during their stay at our hotel. We offer rooms and suites in four categories, featuring different equipment so that every traveler’s expectations and budget possibilities can be fulfilled.

I do understand your concerns about restaurant prices but can confirm that we are aligned with our local competitors. At the airport, only fast food restaurants offer cheaper fare. We pay great attention to offering only the finest food with fresh ingredients in a cultivated dining ambience. Our menus are very diverse and cover all price levels.

I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers in the not too distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Warm regards,

newport coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I would only recommend this hotel for its convenient location to an early morning flight out of Frankfurt. The price is high and the hotel is old, the bathroom is moldy and the carpeting is worn and dirty (ugh). The highlight of the hotel is the dining room for breakfast - the food is displayed buffet style and is so appetizing and the service is outstanding.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 17, 2009
Dear jnjtraveler,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton for your stopover in Frankfurt.

You had some good and some unpleasant experiences during your recent stay and I am much obliged that you shared your thoughts with us by way of a Tripadvisor commentary. We rely to a great extent on the feedback of our customers when it comes to measuring our performance quality and efficiency.

It seems that you were accommodated in a room that was unsatisfactory. Well, that does surely not represent our usual standards and I am very sorry that we disappointed you. Our hotel is not the newest one – that is correct. Next year, we will celebrate its 35th birthday. But we have carried out several huge renovations over the past years to keep pace with the expectations of modern travelers. Please feel free to contact me directly when you plan another stay at our hotel so that I can personally take care of finding a very nice room for you.

Thank you for commending our breakfast buffet, which our chefs always prepare with great attention to detail. I am happy that you also had some positive moments during your stay.

We will take your comments to heart, concentrate even more strongly on staff trainings, and improve our standards of performance to make sure that we permanently meet our guests' expectations. I hope we will get a chance to show you that we are able to learn from constructive criticism. Thanks again for your feedback.

With kind regards,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

My wife and I were on our ten year anniversary vacation. On our way home we had a one night layover in Frankfurt. We ended up choosing a hotel that was literally in the airport. The Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers. I originally thought is would be just any hotel. I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was a gem in the midst of the Chaos of the airport. From the moment we checked in until the wonderful omelet we had at check out. Everybody was beyond nice and extremely accommodating. The concierge gave us great ideas of things to do on our one day in town. It was raining and they gave us an umbrella for our day trip. The hotel is very open and seems to have more staff then guests (at least it felt that way). The rooms were very nice and comfortable. The hotel has a great location which allowed us to easily get to a train and head into town. It was just an overall nice experience.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear jes270,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. We are happy to have had the chance to welcome you to the Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers.

It was a great pleasure for me to share your commendation with the various departments and my crew was very happy about your kind words. Thank you very much for your positive feedback. It was a great pleasure to have you here and we hope that we will soon get another chance to welcome you to our hotel.

Since you also filled out our hotel’s online guest satisfaction survey, I am double grateful for your efforts. We simply cannot do without guest feedback to create a truly guest-centric hotel experience. Thank you so much for your input.

I hope we have shown you that our hotel is a destination worthwhile stopping by. We hope we can welcome you regularly from now on and look forward to your next stopover in Frankfurt.

Yours sincerely,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

Checked into this hotel travel-weary after a delayed flight from Prague and 12 days of competiting at an international sports championship. Checked in at 10:30pm and left at 7:15am to catch a flight back to Toronto so my experiences were limited to check-in and check-out, my shower, bed, and room service.

Overall the experience was pricey as I could have just slept in the airport terminal but I did get value for what I paid for. And the good news is that pictures of the hotel on its website accurately reflect the hotel in person - which is pretty nice. My late check-in was greeted by enthusiastic and friendly staff who were efficient and well versed in German and English. I was in my room within minutes to walking on the 2nd floor overpass of Frankfurt Airport's Terminal 1. The grandiose lobby with high ceiling includes a bar, business centre which seems to be open very late. You get 30 minutes of complimentary wireless internet in the lobby but you have to pay for access in your room.

On to the room - the hotel is showing its age from its concrete exterior, elevators, room walls and bathrooms. Not sure if the hotel has been renovated at some point in time but let me tell you it's one hell of a well maintained hotel. Flat panel TV, bar fridge, huge dresser and closet. Huge working desk with ergonomic chair, nice comfortable single person couch (at a loss for words here), and massive King-size bed with great pillows and luxurious beddings. I slept like a baby! Only glitch was I ordered room service in the morning which arrived late. Apparently I had forgotten to write my room number on my ticket and this must have gone unnoticed before the order was taken from the door knob on the outside of my room. So I had hoped to checkout later but had to eat my American breakfast in a hurry (30 Euro breakfast mind you) - but once I made a call to room service/front desk someone was there in a flash to serve me. No complaints on the breakfast, no complaints on check-out in person.

Frankfurt Airport is a bit of a maze and I was a bit concerned about straying to far away from it since my layover was so short. For a little extra cash (190 euros to be exact) it was a bit pricey for such a short stay but the Sheraton Frankfurt Towers provide value added on your money so no disappointment or regrets on my end.

Didn't use the conference facilities obviously and unfortunately did not use the fitness centre as I was just too tired.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2009
Dear Jason 416,

Wow – what a lengthy feedback you gave on your stay at our hotel. Thank you very much for your efforts!

I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. It is indeed worthwhile booking an overnight stay at our hotel – you would surely not have had such a relaxed trip if you really had spent the night at the airport terminal. The bed you slept in is an original Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, designed to guarantee sweet dreams and a refreshing sleep. I am glad that you had a good night’s sleep.

You might be interested to know that our hotel has undergone some huge renovations since it first opened in 1975. Especially in the years 2000-2005 did we carry out extensive modernization works for more than 90 million dollars. We feel that in our rapidly changing times, hotels have to keep up with the requirements of modern travelers.

It is a shame that you did not have time to use the fitness center. Next time, make sure to visit. You will like it. Our gym offers state-of-the-art cardio machines, equipped with monitors for TV, music and video. The 400 m² area is stylish and inviting. Sauna, steam bath, power shower, chill-out-zone and massages are also available.

I hope you had a good journey home. As soon as you feel like traveling again… make sure to include our hotel in your travel plans. We would love to see you soon again and will do our best to make you happy.

Best regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!