“Always good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hugo-Eckener-Ring 15 | Rhein Main Airport, 60549 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Ranked #42 of 262 hotels in Frankfurt
austin
“Always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Every time I travel thru Frankfurt I stay at this hotel very good location and very clean is also peaceful and quiet. The only issue I had is the maid service did not leave any wash cloth or soap I didn't notice until late at night and I was ready to take shower, I had to call housekeeping and wait for someone to get them for me it was very inconvenient . Other than that everything was good I also got free internet all over the hotel that was excellent . Everything you need is around you don't have to go anywhere.

Room Tip: This hotel splits in to couple sections either one is good after they did remodeling all nice and sp...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear kumbai,

Thank you very much for being a regular guest at our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to see that you enjoy staying with us. I am sorry for the minor inconvenience with the cleaning staff. We will take this to heart and optimize the service. Have you already planned your next stay? We hope so!

Kind regards,

1,564 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We decided to spend the dollars here because we were arriving at night after a 13 hour flight and knew we wouldn't want to traipse far to a hotel after it. Transit stop only. Collected a hire car next morning from airport. Hotel was excellent for comfort and location. Didn't have Brekkie there; 2 mins walk back across the covered walkway to the airport where there was ample choice at reasonable prices. Staff excellent; good service and multilingual. Only downside: tissues and toilet paper are like sandpaper. Don't regret spending the dollars here at all. Oh, and they have an AWESOME real Christmas tree and real gingerbread house in the foyer at the moment! I wanted to take a big bite out of that gingerbread house!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Hello to Sydney, dear GraysAtLarge,

It is great to see that you had a relaxing stopover at our hotel. We actually have the tallest Christmas tree of all hotels in Frankfurt. That is possible thanks to the high ceiling in our lobby. The gingerbread house is home-made; and don’t worry, nibbled off pieces are replaced lovingly every day by our pastry cooks. So you are welcome to take a bite next year…

Enjoy the holidays! Thanks for your feedback.

Genoa, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I travel quite often and have experienced many hotel staff with varied attitudes toward guests. This can be expecyed as everyone at some point has a bad day. However, I cannot say that this fits the staff at this Sheraton. I have yet to find such a staff member that allows his/her personnal distractions from impacting the way they greet guests.

There have been arrogant guests at the check-in desk being very rude to the staff, yet I was next in line and met with a big smile, calm voice and caring attitude. The same hold true for all staff that I have had the pleasure to interact with. To me the room condition, decor and other ammenities are second to a great staff experience.

I will stay at this property in the future and I am certain I will be greeted with professionalism and great smiles.

Nick

Room Tip: Leave it in the hands of the staff. They are truly looking out for frequent travellers and status g...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Nick,

Believe me, it is not difficult to have a positive approach to hotel guests when they are as pleasant and gracious as you are. My team remembers you well and told me it was a real pleasure to host you. Thank you very much for your uplifting words and generous score. We are thrilled because you will stay at our hotel soon again and look forward to seeing you.

Warm wishes,

Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Obviously, this will not be a cozy boutique hotel. This serves those of us flying in and out of Frankfurt, and it does that job well. It's the closest you can get to the airport with several services on hand (gym, restaurants, bar, lounge, etc) This is a huge hotel, but I had a great experience at check-in. Very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean. Only the shower/bath left a little to be desired, but "European hotel" has become synonymous with "bad shower door design" for me. In this case, it wasn't a leak issue, but rather the half door that leaves 1/2 of your body cold while you shower. A trivial thing, really, but bad design in a place like Germany is amusing to me even if annoying.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear A M from Stuttgart,

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you very much for the friendly words on our front desk team. They were delighted to receive such a nice commendation. You are right - ours is not a boutique hotel. With 1008 guest rooms and 60 conference rooms we are in a totally different league. But there are quite a few features at our hotel that make you forget that you are staying at an airport hotel. Our restaurants and bars, the luxurious Club lounge or the well-equipped gym “Sheraton Fitness” offer our guests many possibilities to spend a perfect day.

I look forward to receiving a review by you again after your next stay. Thank you very much for your efforts.

With best regards and warm wishes for a merry Christmas,

Arlon, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was not intending to write a terrible review but as I did not get any feedback from the commercial manager of this hotel (showing the way they consider the customers), here is a copy of the email sent last week after my second stay in this 'hotel'...

----------------------
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I’ve had, last week, the opportunity to stay for two nights in your premises at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport.
I am a regular traveler, spending around 50 nights per year in hotels for professional and private purposes.
I am also a gold member in one of your competitors hotel group.

It is certainly not in my habits to complain but the accumulation of negative points is such that it has to be reported.
First of all, this hotel claims to be 5 stars…sorry to say, but according to my rating, hardy 4 even 3 stars.

Checkin:
- It is my second stay in this hotel. The first time, I have been asked if I wanted to become a member of your fidelity program…after more than a year, I am still waiting for my membership card and data…nice, very nice service.
- I have been asked if I needed internet in my room. The answer was positive and I have been given a code.
Nice, but arriving in my room, I had the very nice surprise to see that it was charged 9€ per day. I am travelling the world, NEVER EVER I have been charged for internet.
Even in 2 stars hotel, you get it for free…I am just back from Canada, 2x 5 stars hotels….free internet. So even in the American continent this is free.
You might tell me that internet is free in the lobby…indeed…but I have no intention to work in an hotel lobby.
Even more, non hotel guests can use free internet, whilst hotel guest have to pay. VERY nice customer service.
And btw, I did not pay for inroom internet as your system can be hacked in less than 1 min to get free access…
The room:
- Nice big room (6020), I don’t have to complain on the size.
- When I enter a 5 stars hotel room, I expect at least slippers…NOTHING
- Bed quality is equivalent to a low class hotel
- Turn-down service? Not existing
- Little bottle of water for the night, just like the internet, help yourself and be charged.
- Housekeeping: after the first night, I entered the room…I could have done the bed in a better way. Throwing the duvet on the bed this way…wow!
The bar
- Cool 5 stars bar: big screen displaying 3rd division football…very classy
- Ordered a gin tonic (no menu presented) and a club sandwich
- Asking for the bill, I had to wait more than 15 minutes to get it (not more than 20 customers in the bar). I was about to leave when I finally got it…next time, sorry but I will leave and I won’t pay for this service.
- 16,40 euro for a gin tonic?????? Where do you think one can find a drink at that price? I have NEVER been charged that much for a basic drink. It is really stealing people’s money!
- 14euros for a club sandwich…well ok, it is in the range of price but not for a mini club…have you seen the size of the bread? Where do you find such small bread slices?

To conclude, you pretend to be a 5 stars hotel, applying above 5 stars standard prices with a service of a low class 4 stars…
Knowing the hotel industry very well, I am very disappointed by this hotel.
I usually write my comments on trip advisor, but due to the bad review, I prefer not to hurt anyone’s feeling in making this public.

I don’t want any money, anything from you…I just want to let you have my opinion…

Best regards

Dear cricri-dest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. Please note that I had received your earlier message and also replied to you about a week ago. It seems that you did not receive my e-mail. I hope it was not delivered to your spam folder. I consider it utterly deplorable that we did not fulfill your expectations. And I hope sincerely that we did not lose you as our valued guest. We would be delighted to welcome you soon back to our property and render you the service you deserve as an esteemed Sheraton guest.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The hotel enjoys a key advantage, which is being located at the airport itself, directly connected with terminal 1, what is a very important advantage if your are flying from/to Frankfurt. The room is quite basic, but clean and well equipped for an airport hotel, where people usually stays just a very few nights, normally just 1. I was in the last months in the Sheraton at the Amsterdam Airport, and is quite similar. The same concept from the same hotels chain but this time with bad service.

So far so good, but the issue that the hotel has, or at least the one I had, is that I suffered the WORST check in process in my entire life. When I arrived at the reception, there was queue of about 10 or 12 persons in front of me for check in, and a front desk with about 8 to 10 positions, but only with 4 persons from the staff working. I stayed at the queue, waited, and after seeing that the average time per person for the check in was about 8 to 10 minutes, I realized that I had a LONG wait in front of me. Indeed, it took 65 minutes until I started my check in, but the worst part of the story is that I mentioned this to the lady doing my check in, and there was a guy standing nearby her, from the hotel staff, the only one with a black suit and a tie, who responded me on a very un-polite and arrogant way “noooo, you were not there for 60 minutes….”. I told him that I controlled the time, and his response was “ok….,maybe you waited a bit long, but not 65 minutes”. A man nearby me told him that he started to control the waiting time after a while of his arrival, and said that in his case he waited 55 minutes. The hotel employee said "ok, ok, maybe you all waited too long...". Rude, arrogant and un-polite response, because I indeed waited 65 minutes for a simple check in at an airport hotel., This is really unacceptable and unprofessional. The hotel should be prepared to face this, because they can see the reservations. Basic duty for the manager is to assure that the hotel is properly staffed. Bad, very bad performance and really surprised to see that something like this happens in an hotel airport (where speed on service is key) and in Germany, which I know are very well in organizing.

Definitely, next time at the Frankfurt Airport, will try the Hilton.

Dear Alvaro E,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. I apologize sincerely for the negative experiences we created for you. The arrival experience is the first impression you get of a hotel and if that is not positive, the entire stay will most probably not become a memorable experience. I have instructed our front desk team to better organize the customer service and of course be more polite to our guests. Please be assured that discourtesy is not tolerated at our hotel. I hope very much that you will give us a new chance to show you that our services are usually on a very high standard.

Best regards,

Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The Frankfurt Airport Sheraton Germany, is a very clean, friendly and convenient airport hotel with an engaged and courteous staff. I have stayed at the FRA Airport Sheraton and hosted business meetings on site many times over 20 years. The hotel personnel: front desk, concierge, room attendants and restaurant staff go out of their way to be accommodating and proactive.

Combining the excellent staff with clean rooms, comfortable beds, upgraded bath and shower equipment, first-class gym and sauna facilities, and the added convenience of walking 5 minutes indoors to the airport terminals - this is a great hotel and very hard to beat at FRA.

Room Tip: There are outstanding views of the airport from the 9th floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
MrTinoL, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Peter M,

Thank you so much for your favorable feedback. Your input is highly appreciated and we are delighted about your long-standing loyalty to our hotel. We hope to remain your preferred hotel in Frankfurt for many more years and will certainly continue to do our best to make you happy here.

Happy Holidays and see you soon in Frankfurt!

Hotel Manager

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!