“Watch planes directly from your room - without a sound” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

You added Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hugo-Eckener-Ring 15 | Rhein Main Airport, 60549 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Ranked #51 of 264 Hotels in Frankfurt
Austria
“Watch planes directly from your room - without a sound”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

An amazing hotel right across from the terminal. From our room, we watched planes take off and land without hearing a sound. You walk to the terminal through a glass passageway in five minutes or less, depending on where your room is in the huge hotel. We stayed there with a visitor who was flying to L.A. the next morning - we were able to check him in, give up his luggage and change his seat the evening before, then eat and shop in leisure at the terminal. The next morning another short walk to the security controls and boarding. Very very relaxing travel conditions!!
Of course, this comfort has its price!
Disadvantages: no free internet in the rooms, hotel entrance hard to find by car, not enough staff at check-in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear immersonntags,

What a clever idea to book our hotel for the night before your flight. That really takes a lot of stress out of travelling. Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your friendly remarks.

By the way, we offer free internet access at our main lobby and at our Club and Tower rooms. When you plan your next stay, check our internet rates first. Several times a year we have special promotions with very good deals.

We would be happy to count you among our regular guests.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Coriano, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel is a classic airport hotel, but with the quality of a Sheraton. The hotel is directly inside the terminal. The rooms are very nice and spacious, the staff is very courteous and extremely knowledgeable. The restaurant is really good and offers different varieties of food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear StefanoRimini,

We love to get guest feedback, especially if it is as motivating as yours. Thank you very much for your efforts and also for booking our hotel. We look forward to your next stay.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The one thing this hotel has going for it - and I guess why it is so much more expensive than other FRA airport hotels is that it is physically connected to the terminal. This made it very easy to enjoy the bars and restaurants landside in the airport of which there are many. The room itself was average, service mediocre and both check-in and check-out took ages due to very long lines. One pet peeve of mine in this room was the telephone - very difficult to operate and figure out and there is no bedside phone. I place the phone by my bedside as I had requested a wake up call and it was dead in the morning and no way to answer the phone. Also, the shower was very mediocre.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear indianguy380,

Many thanks for booking our hotel. The score you gave us is something in between good and bad. I regret that you did not feel entirely at home. As a business hotel we have placed the telephone at the working desk. In this way guests can easily work and call at the same time. Please accept my apologies that the phone did not work properly. As you requested a wake-up call I am positive that one of my team members came to your room to wake you up.

I hope that the good impressions outweigh the more unpleasant ones and that you will consider staying with us again soon. We look forward to welcoming you.

The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Starting in reverse, check out was efficient and handled by friendly staff. The self serve breakfast buffet was comprehensive and to a high standard, with attentive staff offering coffee and clearing used crockery quickly.

Whilst the rooms were nondescript, considering it was an airport hotel, it was extremely quiet and comfortable offering a good nights sleep. Although the bathroom was well stocked with the usual items, the shower whilst functional could not be described as a power shower. Whilst this was on the 6th floor, I wonder what a top floor shower would be like .

My visit was part of a business trip and arriving at 22:30 at night, we were shocked to find a 35 minute que to check in. Yes they had a complete flight to check in, but as this would not be a unique event for them, you would assume they had an efficient, fast check in process. Even when extra staff arrived, things did not improve as there seemed to be issues with them signing on to computers. For some reason, staff also seemed to disappear into a back room every so often leaving guests bemused at empty desks.

Out of preference I would not stay there again, although comfortable, the one thing I do not want late at night is a long delay in checking in

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear DriftwoodNL,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and reviewing your stay here on TripAdvisor.

I am very sorry for the long waiting time upon check-in. You arrived during a flight cancellation and as you know, these cancellations cannot be planned in advance. We did our best to make everyone happy and comfortable. Please accept my apologies for the long waiting time. I am very positive that upon your next stay you will be served much more swiftly.

In any case, should you need a hotel room in Frankfurt for your next journey, we would be happy if you would choose our hotel again.

Les Gets, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

To be constructive:
The location is ideal, and they seem to play this card to the max because everything else was well bellow average.
The hotel is a bit oldish I guess this is the one inconvenience of modern design, sometime it does not age very well.
the staff at the front desk was really rude (but maybe I was just unlucky with this)
The rooms are very basic, not to the standard of other sheratons.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
SaschaKonter, Geschäftsführer at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear jenesaispasqui,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and sharing with us your feedback by way of a commentary on this website. I am sorry to see that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay. I understand that you were not happy with our Front Desk team but would like to assure you that my team does an excellent job. There must have been some serious misunderstandings at check-in. I am positive that at your next stay you will be served much more swiftly and friendly. We hope you will give us another chance.

Kind regards,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Undisputedly the best location at the airport for those transit passengers. As a SPG platinum member, as always I was given the club floor room with free bottle of water. Room is typical German hotel room, small and 3* alike hotel room. If not because of the location, I will not recommend this hotel due to the fare - but if your company pay for it and you are leaving FRA in the AM, this hotel is not only good but undisputedly the best that will connect you directly to the terminal....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear mraquinas,

Many thank for your feedback. On one side I am glad that you enjoyed the free upgrade to the Club floor and on the other side I regret that you did not like our room design. The design is modern but simple so that guests from all over the world will find a welcoming place to stay at our hotel. Did you visit our Club lounge on the 9th floor where we offer free snacks and drinks during the day? You will surely agree with me that our Club lounge is a real oasis at Frankfurt airport.

I hope you will consider staying with us again and would be thrilled if you would return to Frankfurt any time soon.

With best regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I didn't WANT to stay here, I was supposed to be on my way home. But a bird,a windshield and two cracks changed those plans, so the entire plane had to be put up here for the night. (Well, all the passengers, not the plane itself). And it was not a bad stay. A convenient location, walkable from the terminal via a walkway over the road. The bed was good, firm, comfortable. Room was decent sized for European hotels, with enough space to walk around. AC worked well, and the room was at a good temperature. TV was also good, though I am never sure why there are never any English language entertainment channels on German TV. French, Arabic, Italian, but never English, except for news. Actually the Sheraton offered BBC 1 and 2, but still all news and documentaries the night I stayed.

I did not try the restaurants, because United arranged for free buffet dinner and breakfast, which was decent. There are several bars and restaurants in the hotel, though.

Bathroom was also up to par, with good water pressure and temp in the shower.

Wifi had a strong signal in the room. Free wifi available in the very large lobby.

Negatives? No shop in the store, and with the honor bar charging €6.50 for a small water, that was a pain. But as others mentioned, the hotel is connected to the airport by a walkway, and there were plenty of more reasonably priced places to get water and a candy bar there. And the pillows were both soft and every thin - it was like resting your head on a semi-fluffy towel- soft, but no height or support. I needed three to notice they were even there.

Overall, I would happily stay there again if I needed to be at or near the airport . Just no more cracked windshields and emergency landings please!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear tywwia,

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

I can understand that you were annoyed to have to stay in Frankfurt for the night. We believe that layover guests especially deserve our full attention because they find themselves typically in a rather unpleasant situation. Long waiting times at the airport, uncertainly regarding the next flight connections and an unwanted stopover can cause much frustration. I am glad that we could help to make you feel comfortable and hope very much that you will check in to our hotel again the next time you are in Frankfurt – but please without emergency landings.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!