“Great Experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hugo-Eckener-Ring 15 | Rhein Main Airport, 60549 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Ranked #50 of 263 hotels in Frankfurt
Saltillo, Mexico
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Very practical location with Airport, great experience in food, services and very nice facility, well mantained. Also great solution for early flight passangers. Very complete gym with 24 hour service.

• Stayed November 2012
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear ROC_1111,

Many, many thanks for your commending words. It is a wonderful feeling to hear when guests enjoyed their stay.

We hope you will soon return for another stopover.

1,465 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Long journeys east and west may land you in the Frankfurt hub. The Sheraton is a quiet break on a long trip. It is very quiet, extremely clean, accommodating, and affordable. There are plenty of places nearby to eat and shop and to otherwise spend down time. Tired and ready for a hot shower, I just walk across the pedestrian bridge and moments later I am relaxed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mark L,

I would like to thank you for the positive evaluation of your recent stay at our hotel. Convenience is often the first word that comes in mind when guests describe our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a good time.

I hope you will consider booking a room at our hotel again for your next stopover.

Many thanks and best regards,

Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you have to stay overnight or near the airport this is the place to be. The hotel is connected to the airport by an enclosed overpass. The lobby was bright and super contemporary and the front desk staff were warm and accommodating. The room was large compared to most European hotels and very clean. The brightest star of the hotel is a Turkish bellman whose last name begins with a Y. I was running late for a flight and had a very heavy bag. Going from Terminal B to D is not easy and stressful. He carried my bags between terminals and could have just escorted me to Terminal B, but elected to go the distance. I will be eternally grateful otherwise I have missed my flight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear CaribbeanTA,

I really appreciate your efforts and would like to thank you very much for sharing your feedback with the public. I appreciate your commentary very much and am happy that my staff and the service provided by them have turned your stay into a memorable experience.

We would be delighted to see you soon again.

Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel is very efficient if you have a business in Frankfurt or in the area. Just a few steps from the terminal and you’ll get in the hotel lobby.

There are some negative points though I would like to draw management’s attention to:
- Internet in the rooms (8th floor) is either very slow or even not available. It’s not acceptable for a business hotel.
- There is shortage of parking places belonging to the hotel. Every of three nights it was an issue to find a parking slot - I had to negotiate with parking staff to get is sorted out.
- Access to the Club Lounge costs 55 Euros (I had a guest one evening in the Lounge) and is too expensive for someone who would like just to drink tee with some snacks. Is it not fair to make it consumption-based?
- If you are staying not in the Tower building with separate reception in the 9th floor, you have to be prepared for a long queue at the reception in the second floor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Konstantin72,

Thank you very much for summarizing your experiences for us. I am sorry for the bad internet connection you experienced during your stay. I will immediately follow up with my IT department to find out if there is a general internet issue on the 8th floor.

Unfortunately we only have limited parking spaces available. We recommend P3 or P4 of Frankfurt airport which is next to our hotel and about the same price.

The Club lounge on the 9th floor is an exclusive lounge where we serve free snacks and drinks during the day. You can sit down, relax and enjoy the cozy atmosphere. For this exclusive area we need to charge a supplement. I am sorry if this caused any inconveniences for you.

Konstantin72, we would be pleased if you would stay at our hotel again at your next visit to Frankfurt. Thank you again for your feedback.

Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I agree with everything that Crispness has said. I too was at a conference here, so had little choice in the matter. But I sincerely hope never to have to go again. In addition to all that Crispness has said (and just to say I dont know him and we were not at the same conference!) I can add my points:
1. as we were staying more than 2 nights we had to pay the full amount in advance, and give then a 200 euro deposit for any extras we might consume. This can only be done with a credit card, they do not take Maestro/debit cards. One poor lady trying to check in beside us was told to go back to the airport and get cash out before she could check in.
2. Its a lot like living underground. You never see daylight and the air smell 'recycled'. This is probably as it is so heavily soundproofed (you never hear a plane or the motorway)!!
3. We payed 57 euros for 3 days internet, and for this exorbitant sum you could only use one device. So my husband also had to pay 57 euros. And then it locked you to that device, so you couldnt switch between mobile and laptop. All very old fashioned and very annoying.
4. The conference doors were very noisy, so if anyone entered late it made a big disturbance. We ended up taping napkins over the latch!!. And the lunch was a buffett served standing at exceedingly high round tables in a foyer whose automatic doors opened everytime someone went past. I am 5'5 and flet that my food was under my chin, and the blast of air from the carpark made lunch not a particulary pleasant experience.
5 32 euros for breakfast and 11.75 euros for a g+t is way too much.

I agree the staff were helpful and polite, the beds comfortable, the rooms clean. But that was not enough to make me want to use or reccommend this hotel. Its great if it is for one short night/the airline is paying....but otherwise stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear HelenBNorway,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and posting your feedback here on Tripadvisor.

Out of security reasons we need to ask for a deposit (cash or credit card) upon check-in. I am sorry if that caused any inconveniences for you.

Yes, we are an airport hotel with soundproofed windows but guests are definitely not living “underground”. You can enjoy daylight in all rooms and outlets and if you like, you can exit our hotel and enjoy fresh air. We even have a balcony on the 9th floor next to our Towers Lounge.

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the set-up of your conference lunch. We served lunch as ordered by the meeting organizer.

As I already mentioned on Crispness review: We offer different options for breakfast. Continental breakfast for EUR 22.00 or our Grab and Go breakfast for EUR 8.50 are only two examples.

I hope you will give us another chance someday.

Best regards,

Charlwood, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Sheraton Frankfurt
My stay at this Sheraton managed to do everything to really annoy me. I chose the hotel because I was attending a conference there and it seemed like a handy option. But it really is very poorly provisioned for a 21st century business traveller.

1. Directions The hotel, at T1, is very poorly signposted when coming from T2 on the Sky Train. The hotel website recommends using the Sky Train as it only takes 2 minutes. But it takes a good 5/10 minutes walk from the Sky Train to the hotel and only because I have a very good sense of direction and spotted the hotel (ugly grey brown building) from the sky train, was I able to head in the correct general direction. It was only when I went outside T1 into the fresh air that I was able to spot the covered walkway to the hotel.

Even when I entered the hotel, signage was not good. There are 3 'desks' and it's not obvious what function each serves. The one closest to the airport seems to be for air crew, but were not interested in checking me in even though there was no one else at the desk.

Surely the hotel could provide useful walking directions direct to the reception desk, on its website?

And it's not as if this is news to to the hotel because when I remarked about this to the receptionist at check-in, her response was "yes it is difficult to find".

2. Light and Dark
I found the room lighting very poor. There are no ceiling lights. Instead there are 2 bedside lights, a desk light and table light. Even with all 4 lights on the room is still very dimly light. Maybe they are aiming for a romantic feel, but all it does is make it difficult to utilise.

And the blackout curtains do not quite fit the window. There is always a chinque of light at one end or the other, or else in the middle. Not acceptable in a hotel of this purported standard.

3. Room refreshments
A coffee maker is provided but the quality of the coffee produced is poor. Why not just provide a kettle and a jar of Nescafé? It's not obvious how to make tea or decaff (I presume the 'mild' coffee is decaff) with this silly contraption. And then they cannot even manage to supply proper milk. Instead you get powdered creamer. Appalling provision.

At least it's only a 5 minute walk to Starbucks in the Airport Terminal.

The minibar is a real joke, apart from the prices (€6.50 for a bottle of water). The notice which says "For your convenience any item removed from the minibar for 30 seconds will be automatically charged to your account" really says it all. For my convenience?

Suggestion: head over to the shops in the terminal and buy your water/beer/chocolate there.

4. Internet connection
This is charged at €19 per day per device!!! What a rip off! And then they cannot manage to provide a service that will work with the iPhone! The service they offer is only designed to work with laptops. How about that for a 21st century offering? My guess that is the compromise between revenue protection and service provision. 20th century thinking.

5. Breakfast
€30 per day for breakfast means that there is a steady flow of customers across the bridge to the terminal cafes and restaurants every morning.

6. Conference lunch
After lunch at the conference on one day, I had a very bad tummy and spent some time on the toilet. My guts were making lots of noise all afternoon and I wasn't the only one. You could hear other people's tummys rumbling at quiet moments in the conference all afternoon. And it was not 1 or 2 people. It was quite widespread.

7. Elevators
There are no stairwells signposted and when the lifts/elevators failed at 8am, it was not obvious how we were supposed to get back to our rooms, never mind how do guests checkout in a timely fashion.

8. Conference
Although drinks were provided in the conference exhibition area, coffee was not available early in the morning, i.e. before 9am start. Conference organisers 'blamed' the hotel. And no water provided on the desks.

Don't get me wrong, there were lots of positives about the stay.
* The bed was comfy
* The bathroom was well provisioned
* The staff were helpful and service was very good

But really these are default positions that any decent hotel should be offering. You don't get any extra marks for them.

So if I get the chance to stay again, I will probably try to find an alternative venue. But if I had to stay I guess I would just put up with

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Crispness,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I wish you had asked to speak to me during your stay so that we could have discussed your issues together.

I am sorry to see that you had difficulties finding our hotel. There is a sky train that plies between both terminals every 5 minutes. The walking distances are not really that far – just a couple of minutes actually. There are also lots of signposts in the terminals that show the way to our hotel. And there is a free shuttle bus that stops directly in front of our hotel.

We offer different breakfast options for your guests; you can even enjoy one of our Grab and Go Breakfast for only 8.50 Euro at our Glasshouse café.

By the way, all stairwells are signposted with the exit sign. That is one of our security standards and I suppose you just overlooked it.

We would be happy to show you at your next stay that your first impression was a totally wrong one and hope you will give us another chance someday.

Best regards,

Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Although it caters to buisiness travelors, they were so welcoming to our family (we have two small children). The family room is perfect for two children and the towers lounge was very inviting. They even had little bathroom slippers for them!!! This has become a staple for our travel plans. This hotel has provided the perfect/ convenient place to stay before and after any long trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Katherine C,

We are always happy to welcome families and do our best to give them a relaxing break on their journey. Thank you for recommending our family rooms. With 2 single beds and 1 King-size bed this room offers enough space for you and your family during your stay at Frankfurt Airport.

We hope you and your family will soon stop by again.

Best wishes,

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!