“Its too bad my company has a contract here...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Grand Frankfurt

Save Saved
You added The Westin Grand Frankfurt to your Saves list
The Westin Grand Frankfurt
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Konrad Adenauer Strasse 7, 60313 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Ranked #17 of 263 hotels in Frankfurt
New York City, New York
“Its too bad my company has a contract here...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've lost count of the number of times i've stayed at the Westin in frankfurt, at first this was a great place to stay but I cant figure out why its gone so downhill. I know its a bit late for a review but my travel schedule has kept me busy. I had a 10 night stay in July, in a Jr. Suite (not a cheap stay). It was a standard stay, I asked for an upgrade at checkin ad was denied (fine), also was told I would not be able to have a late check out (though that was changed later on). I got to my room on the first night and my bed was COVERED in hair! I called up the reception and was told they would change the cheats. I left the hotel and got back later in the evening and surprise...they simply re-made the bed with the SAME SHEETS! there was what looked like pubic hair all over my pillow and sheets! I called the reception who called up housekeeping, they came and were very apologetic, as they went to change the pillow cases we realized that the pillows had BLOOD STAINS on them! I was floored along with the house keeping staff! They took photos of everything and told me management would get back to me, ofcourse I hear nothing from them! Its completely unacceptable for a 5 star hotel but to not even have management get back to me is ridiculous! A few days later we took advantage of their Audi program, returned the car proceeded to go up to the room and got stuck in the elevator for 45 min. these things happen, we got to the room and the phone rang, we were fully expecting a manager on the other line for an apology, but it was someone from reception telling us that the car wasn't filled with gas, he berated me on the phone over not bringing it up full. I went to the reception and asked for a manger, I apologized for my error and informed him that I do not mind paying the charge for a fill up (barely under full) but it was unacceptable to have someone call my room and yell me for not filling up *I was told "now I have to go fill it up! What do you think you should do! You need to pay now!". In all, a ridiculous stay and im hoping my company changes our hotel partner before my next trip!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Vanessa_Witsch, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear guest,

Let me thank you for your honesty and your highly constructive Feedback - please accept my most sincerest appologies for clearly not having met your expectations and with what you experienced I fully understand, that as a consequence you would not likely return - BUT we would love you to return and in order to make a profund quality check on what caused all this inconveniences I would highly appreciate you to contact me directly to get some more detailes.

I am absolutely convinced, that we may do so much better, as we do have a great product and passionate employees!

Looking forward to staying in contact I remain,

Yours sincerely

765 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Spent 2 nights in a Junior suite. WOW! The room was fantastic and a bed as large as my king size in the states. My son loved the pool and the club lounge. The staff were very helpful. The location is fantastic. Steps away from shopping and the buses and underground. You cant go wrong here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vanessa_Witsch, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your Feedback with us and even better you and your son so much enjoyed the father & son get away!

A Junior Suite is really one of the best recommandations for our family travellers as it is spacious and welcoming and most importantly - it has a door between the bedroom and the living room which allows you to seperate work and private areas. Also perferct deal for small business meetings.

I am not sure if your son has already visited the Zoo of Frankfurt, which is a 7 minutes walk from the hotel - if not this may be your next visit at the Westin Grand Frankfurt!

Looking forward to your return,

best regards

vaessa.witsch@westin.com
Lookout Mountain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We spent 4 nights in the Westin Grand on the club level and are also Starwood members. The hotel is wonderful, well decorated, incredible service and loved the benefits of the club level. Loved the small portion meals available throughout the day at the club level room with unlimited beverages including beer and wine. The hotel is in a great location and within easy walking distance to shopping and not far from the water. And if you wish to get out and about, the club level has a car for use on a first come first serve basis for the price of filling it back up upon your return. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure you pay the extra for a club level room and club level amenities. It is so worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Your wonderful words of compliments could not have been any more motivating and we are thankful for your kind recommendation of our one and only Westin Executice Club.

The lounge is supposed to be a place, where our guests may enjoy snacks throughout the whole day in a private and exclusive atmosphere, which invites to work and meet and relax.

On your next visit to Frankfurt you may want to explore the "Riesling Route" by using one of the Audis. That is a very idyllic car ride through the wine region of Hesse - absolutely worth it!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon I remain,

Yours

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

If you are staying in Frankfurt for a leisure holiday, The Westin Grand is a great place to be located. With easy access from the airport by train, getting out at Konstablerwache Station it is about a two minute walk to the hotel. And this station is at the eastern end of the Zeil, Frankfurt's main pedestrianised shopping street. The hotel rooms are larger than average for a five star hotel and well equiped, and there is a pool and fitness facitlity on the top floor with views from the pool over Frankfurt. The breakfast buffet was outstanding for choice and variety. The only negative comment I would like to mention is the charge for WiFi. From a five star hotel I would expect wireless internet access to be free for all hotel guests. Overall though a very good choice for a short break in Frankfurt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your valuable summary of your stay at the Westin Grand Frankfurt and we are honored to see you had a memorable leisure time with us!

The connection to the public transportation is indeed very comfortable and easy - it takes about 25 minutes by train to get from the hotel straight to the airport and only about 5 - 10 minutes to the main train station. The entire city center is within walkin distance and I hope you did not miss the little market around the corner at the "Konstablerwache" which takes place every saturday and thursday and where they offer a huge selection of typical local dishes, apple wine and more!

Whenever you are planning to be back in Frankfurt feel free to contact me directly and I am sure we will find an arrangement, that does include the Internet.

With warm regards

Merzig, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

The hotel offer luxury rooms with a high level interior. The Service is absolutely great. I can highly recommend this hotel. The only diss appointing thing is that Internet access in the room is not included

• Stayed November 2012
Dear guest,

I would like to pass on a huge thank you for your kind words of compliments on behalf of the entire team of the Westin Grand Frankfurt!

We herewith thank you for evaluating your stay with us and for having taken some time to recommend our services to the Tripadvisor community.

On any upcoming visit I would like to assist you in finding the most suitable package for you, that includes the Internt.

Meantime I send you best regards to Merzig and reamin,

yours sincerely

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here for one night to get my bearings before starting a business trip in Germany. I appreciated both the early check in which was not a problem and the location which puts you just near the main shopping area and within walking distance to many of the markets/main attractions. I would agree with some of the previous reviewers that the hotel is at the lower end of the Westin standard but the staff were attentive and responsive and I was happy with my room. The the only issue was it can be a bit noisy if your room faces out to a busy road. The Gym and pool were also good by European standards and overall I enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bizy Traveller,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, which we do appreciate a lot. I am glad to read you generally enjoyed your time spent at the Westin Grand Frankfurt and especially the attentiveness of our employees.

In case you would like to share some details about what exactly gave the impression of not fully meeting your expectations, I will be happy to further investigate.

Feel free to contact me directly and meantime I remain,

hoping to welcoming you back,

Vanessa.Witsch@westin.com
Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had a quick stay at the Westin Grand in August.

The location is excellent, close to shopping (right next to Zeil and walking distance to Berger Strasse), attractions, dining etc. Other than that the hotel is actually quite average - not saying average on a 1-5 scale but when compared with other hotels of the same class.

We had an executive club room and it fell a bit short of our expectations. The room itself was ok but the club lounge was frankly quite disappointing: average amenities, so-so service and not a very cozy atmosphere for some reason.

Front desk service was good as you'd expect. A big plus for arranging our rooms to be ready for checking in at 8 am.

All in all, an ok stay without any problems but would probably book elsewhere the next time in Frankfurt.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear epic_fin,

Let me thank you on behalf of the entire team for having taken a moment of your time to share your imprssions with us and please accaept our sincere appologies for not having fully met your expectations.

I may assure you, that I will take personal care and share your concerns about the Westin Executive Club with the team to improve our services. Especially because the lounge is famous for its service ideals!

We would be delighted to welcoming you back soon in Frankfurt and we hope you will give us another chance to convince you of our services.

Remaining at your disposal and with warm regards

vanessa.witsch@westin.com

Been to The Westin Grand Frankfurt? Share your experiences!