“Great executive lounge tops off comfortable hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Grand Frankfurt

You added The Westin Grand Frankfurt to your Saves list
The Westin Grand Frankfurt
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Konrad Adenauer Strasse 7, 60313 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Ranked #18 of 265 Hotels in Frankfurt
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Great executive lounge tops off comfortable hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I spent a night at the Westin Grand Frankfurt in between a train and flight. Although my stay was brief, I enjoyed every moment of it. My "Grand Deluxe" king room was very spacious and appeared recently renovated; a bathroom clad in different shades of marble matched the high-end ambiance created in the bedroom. While the area immediately surrounding the hotel mainly consisted of dreary industrial buildings, a short walk led to a diverse selection of restaurants and bars.

This hotel earns an "Excellent" rating primarily for the outstanding services offered at the Executive Lounge. The lounge was located on multiple levels overlooking an atrium, lending a sense of space. All the typical amenities were present: computers, printers, and magazines. But unlike lounges I've seen at Marriott hotels, this one offered a large area designated as a buffet-style restaurant. Tables were setup with cloth napkins and silverware, constantly cleaned and refreshed by very attentive employees. All of the food was fresh and high-end. Plus, if an item wasn't available at the buffet breakfast, an employee could order it from the neighboring restaurant then deliver it to your table inside the lounge--all free of charge.

Overall I enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Westin. Although the accommodations lacked personality--it could have been in Frankfurt, Germany or Frankfort, Illinois--I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Splurge on a room with club access--it's well worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Heiko B, Geschäftsführer at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Your feedback could nat have been any more inspiring and we would like to thank you very much for having taken a moment of your time!

Your excellent rating and kind words especially for the Westin Executive Club are a great motivation for our staff. We feel very honoured about it.

We love being your host and look forward to welcoming you soon again,

With best regards,
Heiko Buchta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Well, the hotel is just typically Westin, but a bit old though. But anyways, the service was excellent. I've got a problem with my toilet and I called the maintenance at 10 pm and the guy came quickly and fixed it well. Kudos to the management to making sure that our needs are properly satisfied.

Anyways, the location of this hotel is central to everything. I took the train from airport and upon exit the subway, the hotel was just right in front of us. So, definitely will stay here next time and Frankfurt has a nice atmosphere too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Heiko B, Geschäftsführer at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for having taken a moment to summarize your Westin impression and for sharing it with us and the Tripadvisor community!

The entire team sends you warm regards to Jakarty and we are looking forward to seeing you again.

All the best,
Greenwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I recently traveled to Frankfurt from New York yet again for work. The difference is this time I traveled with senior corporate-level executives, and since our corporate preferred hotel is the Westin brand, we stayed at the Westin Grand Frankfurt. I usually have to stay at a lesser hotel when I'm traveling for the company because I'm not a corporate-level executive (yet!) so this was a special treat - and a treat it was.

Located a short, 2-minute walk to the main shopping area and yet tucked away on side street, the Westin is a great example of a well-done, well-serviced hotel. The rooms are a variety of sizes but all are well-planned. They are clean, stocked with decent towels (I'm a towel snob so a bit more fluff would have been appreciated), a lovely robe and nice amenities. They aren't necessarily the most sumptuous rooms and they are not exactly "contemporary" but they are well-done for a large hotel chain and certainly well above other rooms I've stayed in this city.

The restaurant offers a well-stocked breakfast buffet and there are plenty of restaurants right nearby for lunch and dinner.

It's easy to work in the quiet rooms with the desk well-positioned, but incredibly annoyingly, you have to pay for internet service.

Alas, a small pea in an otherwise comfy mattress of the Westin Grand!

Room Tip: This is a very long hotel so you could end up quite far from the elevator if you are given a room a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

What a delight reading your kind commentation of your stay. Thank you for making us happy and of course for having taken a moment of your time to reflect on your experiences.

It is our highest aim to make our guests life easier while staying at the Westin Grand Frankfurt and we try to be our best in creating the perfect Westin feeling, which is supposed to be personal, instinctive and of course regeneration!

It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back soon, discovering more of Frankfurt and in the meantime we wish you an inspiring time.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I am a frequent visitor to Frankfurt and had been staying in other five star properties. This time in June 27th-30th I decided to go and stay in the Westin Frankfurt and I was so happy for my decision. The property if very nice with superb location and extremely comfortable rooms. The lobby is also very nice. The only improvement required is in the Club Lounge which should have more food and beverages available. The Concierge and the reception were extremely helpful and made us felt at ease.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice. The junior suite is value for money.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Let me express my gratitude for having summarized and shared your stay at the Westin Grand Frankfurt with us and with loyal Tripadvisor travellers!

It makes us quite happy that you are pleased with our services.
As you mentioned, our city center location is very convenient for shopping and all major sightseeings, as well as the subway station around the corner.

I hope you will soon make another trip to Frankfurt. We look forward to seeing you!

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

After travelling for 5 weeks through Europe, my last stop was Frankfurt for a couple days to wind down and prep for going home to Canada. I was absolutely spoiled and treated like a queen at this hotel. The service was fabulous, the upgraded suite was lovely (spg member) and they even provided me a car for the day with an english gps and directions to Heidelburg Schloss.
The only disappointment was the spa. I felt the staff was underqualified, particularly given the cost. I would not bother with the spa next time.
However, the hotel itself was fabulous and I'll look forward to the next time!

Room Tip: Its worthwhile to upgrade at this hotel - the perqs are very nice.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

What a delight reading your kind summary of your stay. Thank you for making us happy and of course for having taken a moment of your time to reflect on your experiences.

A big thank you for this highly motivating compliment, which we will share with the entire team.

Please be assured that we have taken up your point with Spa Manager.

It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back soon,

Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We went for one day in the Emotion Spa of this hotel.
Nice indoor pool, big enough to swim. Design is quite nice, classical. Comfortable chairs around. Quiet place to read and relax.
But for the service, we cant' say it was high standing.
First of all, we had to ring twice to get somebody to welcome us at the reception desk.
Than, during the all afternoon, we saw nobody to serve us in the Spa's bar.
We had to wait up 10 minutes for the massage, in a kind of corridor, until the masseuses came. There were there only 2 busy seats and absolutely no intimacy.
Then my relaxing Ayurveda massage was rough, almost painful and I had back pain after it. I am not sure of the real professionalism of this masseuse. She was rude, almost no hello and no goodbye: she told me "it is finish" and she left.

I would recommend the swimming pool and the nice rest area around, but the service really doesn't worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Heiko B, Geschäftsführer at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your honest and constructive feedback and of course for having taken the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate it a lot, as it is the perfect chance to really listen to our guests needs and to constantly improve our service.

We deeply regret your disappointments concerning the Spa service and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused. We already discussed the situation with the leaseholder of the Spa area. He will take apropriate measures to eliminate such problems in the future.

Apart from that we are happy to hear that you liked the Spa area and enjoyed the athmosphere.
I would really appreciate it to welcome you back soon to convince you of our Spa services.

Best Regards,
Burlingame, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I was blown away by the quality and comfort of the Westin in Frankfurt. Frankfurt itself does not have the feel of a grand European city, but the hotel is very nice and exudes a tasteful German aesthetic in its common areas and in the rooms.

As an SPG platinum, I was upgraded to a nice Jr. Suite and had executive club access. The club was among the best I’ve seen in the Westin chain and had the added charm of being off the lobby instead of tucked away on a floor with limited access to the buzz of the hotel. I had both my dinner (wonderful soup, great wines) and breakfast (many choices) in the lounge as well.

Location is very good, close to shopping and not far from the river and financial district and opera.

Definitely would return on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Heiko B, Geschäftsführer at The Westin Grand Frankfurt, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

A big thank you for this highly motivating compliment, which we will share with the entire team and especially with our team at the Westin Executive Club.

Your feedback could not be any better – that is exactly how it should feel.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

With best regards,
Heiko Buchta

Been to The Westin Grand Frankfurt? Share your experiences!