“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Concorde

You added Hotel Concorde to your Saves list
Hotel Concorde
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karlstrasse 9, 60329 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #13 of 265 Hotels in Frankfurt
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Deloraine, Australia
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It is very centrally located, only a short walk to the main train station. Be aware that the rooms are very small, but this is typical of Europe and they are still comfortable and very clean. As others have mentioned, some areas nearby are a bit 'dirty' and there are a lot of homeless people, so maybe ask the hotel which areas to avoid.

The staff at this hotel are amazing and definitely went the extra mile to assist, particularly Erika. We really appreciated her and the other staff's efforts. They had even put little Easter bunny eggs in our rooms awaiting us on check-in!

The breakfast is delicious, with a good range and excellent value.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Good location and wonderful staff. Closd to supermarket , train / tram bus station. The breakfast is good and I have no compliant at all. 10-15 minutes walking distances to shopping center and plaza.
It is next to the red light district area but I find it safe and quiet at night.

I would definitely come back next time in frankfurt.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I highly recommend Hotel Concorde. It is literally steps from the main Frankfort train station. It Is clean, very well appointed and our room was the quietest that I have had in a long time. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was outstanding. Not only was there a large variety of items, they all were delicious, which is something that I have rarely (never?) encountered for a hotel buffet. Oh, and the Wifi was good in our room on the fourth floor.

But the best thing by far about the hotel Concorde is the staff. The manager Marc spent 20 minutes with us on each of two days, helping us plan our way through the rail strike, and he went online and printed out options for us to get to Berlin. He recommended places for us to visit, all of which turned out to be great.

I travel a lot and I can't remember a hotel as well run and convenient as the Hotel Concorde. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the interior courtyard and it was virtually silent.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our first time visit to Germany. Marc and his staff were extremely hospitable, helpful and informative. They made us feel very welcome. Marc kept us informed about the rail strike in Frankfurt, and he arranged for a taxi to take us to the airport. Our room was very modern, with a lovely bathroom and comfortable beds, plus the breakfast was excellent. The room had a fridge, a kettle, tea, coffee, sugar, cream, etc., which we really appreciated. The TV had an English language BBC and a Euro channel, among others. The hotel is within walking distance of the railway station. There is a supermarket right across the street. We will definitely stay there again when we visit Frankfurt.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Really impeccable service for a reasonable price. I travel A LOT for business and pleasure. The last few times, good service truly stands out as I am pregnant and more picky about the little things. Everything I asked for, they catered towards. Even the things I DIDNT ask for (ie I was struggling with my suitcase, and the staff whisked it away from me to help me) and I wanted for nothing :)

Breakfast was possibly in the top 5 hotel breakfasts I've had in my life. Blueberry pankcakes, fresh coffee, jucies, teas, olives and cheeses- continental to American breakfast- there about 5-6 service areas. 7am-10am.

I have stayed at The Westin and Hilton in Berlin and honestly, this hotel was better in every way possible.

Unbeatable location and a 15min train ride to airport or taxis out the door

The rooms are small, but they are honest about this and it's part of it's charm. I like small rooms, so if you dont mind this, go for it!

Room Tip: ask for what you require. I was travelling pregnant, so wrote in an email my reuqests (quiet non smo...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed hear with some family on vacation and we had a good experience at this hotel. It is close to the main train station and close enough to walk to a lot of attractions in Frankfurt. There is a good breakfast in the morning as well. The only down side to the hotel is also the location. Is in a location that I would not advise single women to be coming back to the hotel later in the evening. If you can deal with the that than I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Marc P, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Concorde, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
many thanks for having stayed at the Hotel Concorde and taking the time to drop us your review on tripadvisor.
We thank you for your positive comment and are glad to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction.
In regards to the surrounding, we just like to make clear that we always try to advise all of our first time guests to take the correct way when leaving the hotel.
If you exit the hotel right and take the second street left called Kaiserstrasse you will have a nice and straight way to the city centre + the old town by finding a variety of different and international restaurants for lunch and dinner as well as some smaller shops already.
The left corner is indeed a bit dirty. Anyway, we are glad that we did not have any dangerous experience yet at all.
Nevertheless, we would be delighted to welcome you again in our house within the near future.
Many thanks for having stayed with us.
Kindest regards,
Marc Prokop
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at Hotel Concorde with my brother and sister over the Easter weekend. We were visiting Germany attending a festival just outside of Frankfurt.
We stayed at the Hotel Concorde for 3 nights and the whole stay was perfect. The 3 of us shared a room and there was loads of space. The beds were comfortable and the furniture was clean and modern. The toilet is in a separate room but apart from that everything is in one room. We had two sinks at the back next to the shower. The shower did have a glass cover round it and a curtain but unfortunately the curtain didn’t cover the whole shower. Bit awkward when you’re staying with your siblings, just meant we had to stay out of that area for a while!!
The room had free wifi for the whole of our stay, which is obviously useful when you use your phone to plan and navigate your way round an unknown city. Our flight wasn’t until 10 PM on the Tuesday, but we were allowed the room till 1PM free of charge which we really appreciated, our luggage was also stored there for the day. The staff in this hotel are so friendly and helpful! On our first night we asked for a recommendation for a restaurant nearby and a man on reception gave us a map and pointed out some ideas.
There are some really nice restaurants surrounding this hotel. The old square is a good place to go for some traditional German food and beer. Some streets near the hotel can be quite dangerous at night, we did see a few homeless people hanging around and drug taking. Just be aware and don’t take short cuts.
Would definitely recommend this hotel and will certainly return next year.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear charbeaum,
many thanks for choosing the Hotel Concorde and taking the time to drop us such a positive review on tripadvisor.
We thank you for your positive comments and are glad that your stay at our hotel was to your overall satisfaction.
The next time you visit us, please be so kind and advise that you require 3 single beds, so that we know you might expect a closed bathroom with more privacy instead of one with our open glass rain showers.
We would be delighted to welcome you again in our house soon.
Many thanks for having been our guests.
Kindest regards,
Marc Prokop

Been to Hotel Concorde? Share your experiences!