“Beautiful people don't travel by train any more” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Concorde

You added Hotel Concorde to your Saves list
Hotel Concorde
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karlstrasse 9, 60329 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #14 of 267 Hotels in Frankfurt
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful people don't travel by train any more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The real problem with this hotel is the location. It is very close to the main station, and so convenient for travellers, but the area around our big stations in Europe have become run-down and sleazy and this is worse than most. It wasn't so much the gambling clubs, strip joints and live sex shows, but the junkies and alcoholics on all the corners that were the problem. I never felt really unsafe, especially with the very obvious police presence in the area, but it wasn't very pleasant walking back at night.
My room was very comfortable (modern minimalist decor, flat screen tv, excellent shower room) but faced the street right opposite the goods entrance to the DB headquarters, and the noise of rattling trolley cages delivering goods continued through the night.
The reception staff were charming. I note that they now offer free breakfast on their website but I didn't get that deal - I was told it would cost €12, and I didn't bother. The hotel isn't exactly cheap and its plus sides weren't strong enough to make me want to go there again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room onto the street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We booked this business-oriented hotel as a family group and could not have been made more welcome by Erika and her colleagues. The room was compact but thoroughly functional with a modern, bright ambiance - and a kettle! Breakfast was excellent and plentiful while the room was cleaned with care and diligence. The location is excellent for arriving by train from the airport or for getting around central Frankfurt whether on foot or by public transport.

Nothing was too much trouble and we had a great time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fredericton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

In transit due to flight connections, two evenings in Frankfurt. The reception was friendly, the bedroom we stayed was at the very last floor, with bed lighting of several colours. Small room, a bit worn, but clean, as well as the washroom (which had a glass window at the door). We did not eat breakfast there, and there are plenty of food options around (as the hotel is by the main train station). The interesting was that the taxi driver, after I told her the address, frowned her face suggesting us not to turn left. Well, that was the first thing we did. Instead of walking towards the train station we turned left. I thought it would be like a red-light district. To my surprise, it is an area of heavy drug users, with drugged people laying on the floor with needles on their hands.

Room Tip: Avoid last floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Yes, the rooms are small. Yes, the location is.... interesting (red light district very close). But it's extremely convenient to the main train station. There's a small supermarket across the street that closes at 10 p.m. The rooms are very clean. Wi-fi is not that good, but it works. At this price range, I was more than satisfied for what I got. This was an overnight layover flying from FRA to IAH. If I have another such overnight layover in the future, I won't look any further.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Pros: Very close to Frankfurt Hbf train station. Rooms are small but clean and modern. Bathroom is OK, nothing fancy although I liked wooden floor. Hotel has a Wi-fi. Service is nice and friendly.

Cons: I asked for non-smoking room and it seemed that it was. But in the middle of the night I was awaken but the smoking smell (ex-smoker). And when I got up in the morning I found a clean ash-trade. Not sure why I did not get a non smoking room. No breakfast included in the room price.

Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was a business trip to Frankfurt for a few days. Cost does not match the quality. The size of a single room - 9 sq.m. Top light is missing - only designer lighting in one corner of the room. Horrible location - the hotel is very close to the red light district and methadone station with drug addicts on the streets, who take drugs without any hiding. German colleagues did not recommend my is on this street alone in the dark - choose other places to check-in. Neighboring district - Goethe Strasse much more respectable. But the worst was that on the second day i found at the edge of the sink sanitary towels (and it was not new one), left by the house-keeper I think! Such things can not be justified. For that high cost it is unacceptable. So I am absolutely sure that the price was too expensive for so horrid district, small rooms and poor quality. Unfortunately.

Room Tip: Choose a different quarter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mariolandes, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Concorde, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Anna,

many thanks for choosing the Hotel Concorde and taking the time to drop us a review on tripadvisor.

We regret that your stay at our hotel was not to your satisfaction.

Our guests mainly choose our hotel due to the good location with best access to all important sights of Frankfurt, including a very comfortable access to the main train station as well as the International Airport. The surrounding of the hotel is pretty busy, but not dangerous at all.

Our light concept can be managed easily by either using the different coloured design lights or just taking the general one, it is only a different circle to pay attention to.

We assure that we take your comments very seriously and do not accept any circumstance you had to experience during your stay for this is absolutely not our standard as you can see in many other tripadvisor comments. Therefore we apologize for the inconvenience caused by our housekeeping department on that day.
We only please you to let us know about this circumstance directly in the hotel, so that we can take care of this problem immediately.

In case you would give us a chance to convince you of our product once again, please be so kind and contact me directly for your next booking so that I can take care of your accommodation personally.

Kindest regards,

Marc Prokop
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Actually, not a small room if you've traveled to Japan and other Asian countries, but offers big services and gave travelers a rare sense of comfort not felt since left home. I checked in to the hotel from a late flight from Venice last week, and I arrived at 1:30am. The clerk Taka offered a very warm reception and provided abundant information to a host of attractions in Frankfurt, and he and the other kind female staff quickly prepared a room for me to early check-in, which I felt was a great plus. Since my arrival to the hotel, the reception has always maintained a generous attitude and is eager in answering any inquiries. Services aside, the hotel is close to the main train station, which provides direct access to the airport; it's also within walking distance to most Frankfurt's major attractions, plus it has a great supermarket right across from the street. I'd not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any traveler heading to Frankfurt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Concorde? Share your experiences!